Backstage Pass (Trailer+Greenlight up!)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mghrabiya

Re: Backstage Pass (Otome/Friendship, Showbiz)

#91 Post by Mghrabiya »

<3 <3 I MUST buy this. <3 great artwork Cant wait for the full game.

Linerie

#92 Post by Linerie »

"Try not thinking about world hunger sometime. Maybe it'll work!"

Gosh, I love Sian already. Thank you so much for the video! Now I'm even more excited to play it, haha. I'm not sure if this question has been asked before, but can we expect John's voice sample anytime soon? I can't help but wonder how he sounds like.

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#93 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

I've been lurking and can honestly say this is the best looking VN on the WIP section so far. I'll be watching closely!

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#94 Post by AntiquedFae »

Okay, I have been following this since the forum was started(took me long enough to make an account orz) and just have to say I am SO incredibly, gratuitously, giddily overjoyed that there is a game with a protagonist that has social anxiety!! THANK YOU!~~ :DDD Can I glomp all of you at Sakevisual? And anyone who supports the idea? Please?!

In all seriousness though, thank you so much. I have kind of moderate-ish social anxiety so I am so happy to finally have a protagonist that I can relate to in this regard. Obviously Sian is still different from me in a lot of ways, but I'm just so happy to finally feel kind of 'represented' in some form of media. Err, accurately and in a positive light. ^.^
Also, I know this is asking a lot, but I just have to anyways: is there any chance any of the characters in your future VNs are going to have any sort of mental differences? Sorry, I just needed to ask. Thank you! I wish you the absolute best with this VN! I'm looking really forward to its release!

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#95 Post by sake-bento »

Thank you all so much for the support and the kind comments. We're still hard at work on this - mostly doing game mechanics and things. I'll see if I can show you some finished screens soon. We'll also be at a couple cons in the near future. Come by and say hi if you're in the area. I love meeting other otome fans and VN devs.
AntiquedFae wrote:Okay, I have been following this since the forum was started(took me long enough to make an account orz) and just have to say I am SO incredibly, gratuitously, giddily overjoyed that there is a game with a protagonist that has social anxiety!! THANK YOU!~~ :DDD Can I glomp all of you at Sakevisual? And anyone who supports the idea? Please?!

In all seriousness though, thank you so much. I have kind of moderate-ish social anxiety so I am so happy to finally have a protagonist that I can relate to in this regard. Obviously Sian is still different from me in a lot of ways, but I'm just so happy to finally feel kind of 'represented' in some form of media. Err, accurately and in a positive light. ^.^
Also, I know this is asking a lot, but I just have to anyways: is there any chance any of the characters in your future VNs are going to have any sort of mental differences? Sorry, I just needed to ask. Thank you! I wish you the absolute best with this VN! I'm looking really forward to its release!
In terms of writing other characters with mental differences, I don't have any specific plans at the moment, but it's certainly not something I'd throw out if it suited a character. So yes I will, but I don't know exactly when.

NeoAngelique
Regular

#96 Post by NeoAngelique »

Sian looks really cute and I am looking forward to seeing your game completed (I really love your games) :D

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#97 Post by sake-bento »

Eep - I feel like I've been neglecting this thread. D: Well, if you've been following us on facebook, twitter, or tumblr, you've already seen these, but here are our four latest CGs all in one place. : D These are probably the last CGs I'll be showing off for now. We've got 20+ so far, but there are more on the way, and we hope they'll all be a lovely surprise when you see them. There will be other updates as we finish other things, but hopefully you like these. ^o^

--

EchoLove
Regular

#98 Post by EchoLove »

The CGs look SO GOOD!

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#99 Post by pickle131 »

I'm really loving the CG's in this <3 They look really professional and polished, and I'm really impressed with how the lighting was handled.
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

Moon20
Regular

#100 Post by Moon20 »

Yes the CG look tottaly awasome and i loved the CG very much, I'm looking forward to play this game very much, Do you have realishe date for this game?

Sayashiro
Regular
Projects: Freak-Quency, Cafe Memoria, Amplitude, Spring Breeze, Escape from Puzzlegate, Project Aivisu, All the Pretty Flowers

#101 Post by Sayashiro »

Wow. This looks really amazing. Like Pickles131 said, I LOVE the lighting. Very pro.
/ Sayaka Mashiro / Voice-Over Artist / Casting Director /
l Website l http://sayashiro.wix.com/sayakamashiro l

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#102 Post by sake-bento »

Thank you very much! ^o^

@Moon20: We'll on track to finish all the assets this year, but testing will take a bit longer. Hopefully soon, though. : D

Quick update: We're currently holding open auditions for some of the characters. Check out the auditions here.

Moon20
Regular

Re: Backstage Pass (Otome, Showbiz) Edit: Auditions Open

#103 Post by Moon20 »

That's good news to hear, I'm really looking forward to this game very much and I'm going to download it right away when it comes out

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

Re: Backstage Pass (Otome, Showbiz) Edit: Auditions Open

#104 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Think my eyes fell out while looking at Matthew's CG. He's so lovely.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Backstage Pass (Trailer+Greenlight up!)

#105 Post by sake-bento »

A couple big updates. We are super excited to be sharing our shiny new trailer with you all! The song is called "I Can't Believe It," written by Junko Fujiyama and performed by Mili. The trailer includes gameplay and a preview of our animated opening. Yes, we've got animated opening and endings coming your way! If you like the song, you can get the MP3 now when you pre-order the game.

The second big news is that we're on Steam Greenlight! Please vote for us if you can. It would make us very happy if you did.
Pre-orders: ($29.99) Windows | Mac | Linux
Pre-orders are now open for anyone who wants some nice bonus stuff. If you have a discount code from a previous contest, it will work on this. Pre-order package comes with two wallpapers and an MP3 of the opening song. When the game is complete, anyone who pre-ordered will receive early access, as well as codes to any distribution sites (like Steam) that we wind up on.