Backstage Pass (Trailer+Greenlight up!)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Linerie

Re: Backstage Pass (Otome/Friendship, Showbiz)

#76 Post by Linerie »

Oh god, I've been stalking you guys' progress on this game over tumblr, facebook and twitter for months, but only now I realize I didn't actually post a single comment about it yet. How could I?

Anyway, there are really no words to describe how excited I am for this game! The art is absolutely gorgeous (it's amazing too see just how much tooaya has improved since RE:Alistair++ -- if her art was already beautiful then, now it's simply flawless), the setting and plot seem interesting, and the voice acting so far is amazing! Jeez, how I wish I could just play this already. ;_; But for now I got to suck it up and wait patiently. At least I'm sure the wait will be worth it!

Just a question (or maybe a request?): do you plan on releasing a screencap of our lovely main character actually having some dialogue anytime soon? XD Out of the whole cast, Sian herself is one of which I'm most interested in -- I really want to see how she interacts with the other characters, or just see a bit of how her personality is! ^^"

Anyway, good luck to you all! I shall keep stalking your work from the shadows~ =w=

Aceline

#77 Post by Aceline »

Ooh, shiny. Really exited about this, I very much enjoyed RE: Alistair and am eagerly awaiting this game's release :3

sapiboonggames
Veteran
Completed: I Love You, Brother [BxB]

#78 Post by sapiboonggames »

Art is gorgeous!
I'm a hidden fan of tooaya, I adore her art <3

I'll be sure to play this once it gets completed
Visit my website: http://www.sapiboong.com

Lucky-pon

#79 Post by Lucky-pon »

Well, finally posting there after stalking following this game for weeks x)
The characters look all interesting, and the heroine sounds really good ! And there are voice acting, good art and friendship ending !?
You've sold me !

Will there be a demo available ? And will the heroine has voice acting too ?

sorry for my english orz

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#80 Post by sake-bento »

Linerie wrote:Just a question (or maybe a request?): do you plan on releasing a screencap of our lovely main character actually having some dialogue anytime soon? XD Out of the whole cast, Sian herself is one of which I'm most interested in -- I really want to see how she interacts with the other characters, or just see a bit of how her personality is! ^^"
Ask and ye shall receive. It's a little hard to show interaction with just a screencap, so I'll post a video sometime soonish.
Aceline wrote:Ooh, shiny. Really exited about this, I very much enjoyed RE: Alistair and am eagerly awaiting this game's release :3
Thank you! Glad you liked RE:A++ - hope this one doesn't disappoint. ^-^
Lucky-pon wrote:Will there be a demo available ? And will the heroine has voice acting too ?
Yes to both! We'll have a demo up so you can see if you like it first, and the heroine will also be voiced.

And some GUI stuff just for fun times. The heart meter tracks romance. The star meter tracks stat requirements. Don't read into the numbers too much. Those are just random values I put in to test the screen.

Darkmoonfire
Regular
Completed: Christmas Project
Organization: Lunarescent Wings
Tumblr: darkmoonfire

#81 Post by Darkmoonfire »

Nice GUI :D
Does how you dress Sian have any influence on the fashion stat, or are they completely unrelated?

-Anna-

#82 Post by -Anna- »

I hope the project goes smoothly! It's looking great so far. c:

Just one request; can we have an option to turn voice acting on or off? I'm probably not alone on this, but I prefer voiceless characters so I can read/imagine a suitable voice for the character instead. :3 (Of course I'll listen to what you guys have worked on first, but it'd be nice to have an off option if it feels odd. c: )

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#83 Post by sake-bento »

Darkmoonfire wrote:Nice GUI :D
Does how you dress Sian have any influence on the fashion stat, or are they completely unrelated?
Her fashion stat is influenced by how often she works, not her clothing choices. It's more like fashion "knowledge" rather than how fashionable she is.
-Anna- wrote:Just one request; can we have an option to turn voice acting on or off? I'm probably not alone on this, but I prefer voiceless characters so I can read/imagine a suitable voice for the character instead. :3 (Of course I'll listen to what you guys have worked on first, but it'd be nice to have an off option if it feels odd. c: )
If it's part of Ren'py's default menu settings, you can assume that we won't remove it, so voice controls are included.

Darkmoonfire
Regular
Completed: Christmas Project
Organization: Lunarescent Wings
Tumblr: darkmoonfire

#84 Post by Darkmoonfire »

sake-bento wrote:
Darkmoonfire wrote:Nice GUI :D
Her fashion stat is influenced by how often she works, not her clothing choices. It's more like fashion "knowledge" rather than how fashionable she is.
Okay, that makes sense.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#85 Post by sake-bento »

Linerie wrote:Just a question (or maybe a request?): do you plan on releasing a screencap of our lovely main character actually having some dialogue anytime soon? XD Out of the whole cast, Sian herself is one of which I'm most interested in -- I really want to see how she interacts with the other characters, or just see a bit of how her personality is! ^^"
I looked for a nice screencap and figured just making a video of some of the dialogue would work better.

Here's the opening scene with Adam. It's still a WIP, so there are no voices, sound effects, or the final song. But at least you get to see them interact!

Aceline

#86 Post by Aceline »

Cuuute <3 I will admit to stalking this thread until the game's release :P

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#87 Post by sake-bento »

Yosh! Got the last of the character profiles up. All the base sprites are done now (yaaay!) but they're technically not finished yet because all of the characters have alternate outfits. But at least you get to see the entire cast now!

Allison
An aspiring actress trying to break into television on her own. Energetic, outgoing, and vibrant, but not terribly good at acting. She makes friends easily, and she's a hard worker, but it might be difficult for her to advance on nothing but enthusiasm.

Rachel
A confident, career-oriented woman with aspirations of becoming a professional script writer. Extroverted, quick-witted, and hard working. She's spent enough time in the industry to make some connections, and she's currently looking for an agent for her scripts. She has little tolerance for people who do nothing but wait for their "big break," and she often encourages Sian to speak up for herself.

Professor Couvalt
A harsh teacher famously known for being unforgiving with his grading. Teaches several intro courses, so every incoming student has to make it through at least one of his classes. Also serves as Sian's academic adviser.

Professor Meridia
Freeform, relaxed, and encouraging. She spends most of her time with grad students, but teaches a single intro course so she can get an idea of who she might be working with in the future.

rufiangel
Regular

#88 Post by rufiangel »

@ Professor Couvalt: H-Himuro sensei?!? XD

Thanks for the update, the sprites look great - and alternate outfits sound like the game is going to be a visual feast for the eyes <3 I am super looking forward to the final product~! :D

Veniae
Veteran

#89 Post by Veniae »

... Every time I see your gorgeous art, I just want to shed a happy tear. I love how smooth and detailed it is and-and the shading! <3

Really looking forward to this game!

EchoLove
Regular

#90 Post by EchoLove »

I have a feeling I'm going to like Rachel's character, I don't know why but she looks like she'd be nice.