Re:Set Episode 1 Re: [Complete]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

Re: Re:Set Episode 1 Remake [Male/Fem MC][RPG][VN][Mystery]

#16 Post by Coren »

Coren Baili (?)

An eccentric gift shop owner who gets pissed often due to the popularity of another gift shop. Coren is popular with the girls, but sometimes his height makes him really uncomfortable. He sells bizzare things behind his store.
Legasp I see that I exist O_O

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#17 Post by azureXtwilight »

Kirroha wrote:
Coren Baili (?)

An eccentric gift shop owner who gets pissed often due to the popularity of another gift shop. Coren is popular with the girls, but sometimes his height makes him really uncomfortable. He sells bizzare things behind his store.
And Coren shall voice Coren. Yes, it's decided.

I hope you'll accept :P

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo

#18 Post by Coren »

azureXtwilight wrote:
Kirroha wrote:
Coren Baili (?)

And Coren shall voice Coren. Yes, it's decided.

I hope you'll accept :P
Of course, why not? :P Hehe I'll take both little Alicia and yours truly the badass dude in the mafia suit then!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#19 Post by azureXtwilight »

All the girl's voices are filled, now we only need guy's voices~

frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

#20 Post by frederic09 »

oh wow the remake of the episode 1. Not sure if i'll like all the changes, but i'll give it a try.

Oh and for the voice, i would like to help but i have a very bad (and french) accent. So I think i can only do it if you made a character from France. And i'm not sure if it will fit well in one of your games. So difficult.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#21 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you! :D

Don't worry about the changes, though. If you don't like the battles I'll be putting a cheat to skip it after the first playthrough! ^^

And here's how the investigation part works!

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#22 Post by WickedRaccoon »

Oh,the investigation system looks pretty simple yet fun! Can't wait to try it out.
Having the battle screams voiced will be a definitely win! *^*)9

aoronomme

#23 Post by aoronomme »

I've already played this game before, but this one looks much more interesting and fun! Can't wait to play the remake :D

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#24 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you for your support everyone!

Here's Coren Baili!
COREN.jpg
Don't worry he is a he, not another trap :P
Last edited by azureXtwilight on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#25 Post by Coren »

Oh my good heavens if it isn't Yours Truly without Ken and his stupid Californian green hat! :P
Don't worry he is a he, not another trap
ORLY?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#26 Post by azureXtwilight »

Hey guys, I have a little bit of trouble determining the bgmanip style for this game.

Which one do you think looks better?
ScreenShot032.jpg
ScreenShot033.jpg

Solunar
Regular

#27 Post by Solunar »

Second one for me by far. First one it's like I'm squinting and can't see clearly. There's more detail in the second one. Colours are also brighter in the second and matches your sprite who has bright eyes.

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#28 Post by tiya_nofurita »

The second one, it looks brighter. It's just that simple IMO :p
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

#29 Post by Nuxill »

The second one also matches your artwork better imo! The amount of opacity at the top of the textbox makes the text a little hard to see however. I think using something completely opaque with just a color gradient on the text name and option boxes would be much better. Also I love the font and color choice for the logo, but what's up with the weird kerning with the colon? There doesn't seem to be any reason for it to be closer to the 'set' part instead of the 're' part. Is there a reason?

So the remake is going to have phoenix wright style investigations, an rpg system along with path choices? That seems a little overbearing and cluttered from a game design perspective. Especially because those features both bring completely different 'feels' to the game play. It wouldn't be very cohesive either unless you find ways to make experience points help out in your investigation screens and during investigation you can find objects to help you out in your battles. Though If I were you I would make sure that either the investigations or RPG were simplified or cut out to put more focus into the other feature to strengthen it. I'm sure you'll be able to come up with a good balance, but

I did like the original versions of the games and I am excited to see more of the backstory of these characters! Good luck getting this all done!

Also using the term "trap" is kind of offensive and Not Good for a couple of reasons. I know you're not purposefully trying to say anything bad but it might not be good to use the term in the future. Many people actually consider it to be a slur. :(

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#30 Post by azureXtwilight »

Nuxill wrote:Also I love the font and color choice for the logo, but what's up with the weird kerning with the colon? There doesn't seem to be any reason for it to be closer to the 'set' part instead of the 're' part. Is there a reason?
Because I can :mrgreen: Hahahaha, just kidding. I guess there's no reason than it looks more unique.
So the remake is going to have phoenix wright style investigations, an rpg system along with path choices? That seems a little overbearing and cluttered from a game design perspective.
Yes, but like I mentioned before, battle is skippable. My reasoning was:
1. There will be battles, a lot of it actually. I am not good at writing battles, so I decided to skip the writing part and replace it with a battle system. You'd rather do that than see me write "He swings his sword! She blocks" right?
2. Investigation system allows me to insert hidden scenes and extra endings.
3. I just want to challenge myself~

And yes, it's very simple as in you don't have to go leveling up and stuff, but doing so will provide you some extra artworks or something like that, I guess.
Also using the term "trap" is kind of offensive and Not Good for a couple of reasons. I know you're not purposefully trying to say anything bad but it might not be good to use the term in the future. Many people actually consider it to be a slur.
Really? It's kinda widely used in the internet, so I don't know XD