Re:Set Episode 1 Re: [Complete]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re:Set Episode 1 Re: [Complete]

#1 Post by azureXtwilight »

There's so many gxb in this forum, I wonder if I can make sth both genders enjoy orz
DEMO : http://mementomori.vnovel.com/files/ReS ... .0-all.zip

Story:

Girl meets boy. Boy saves girl from a church tower, girl drags boy to play detective... and probably slay some demons along the way.

Characters

Michelle Vinson / Mike (16)
"Sophisticated, that was my first impression of you. I was wrong" ~ Gerald

reset_ep_zero___mike_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d5p7zzg.jpg
Michelle Vinson is our first playable character. She opened a small box that her father gave her and accidentally released seven "Demons" to the world. To free her town and get her old life back, she has to travel with Gerald to reseal them back in the box. Michelle is very cheerful and rowdy, sometimes acting like a spoiled brat. But it seems like she's also hiding something from her past...

Class : Medium-ranged telekinesis user

Gerald
"When you see us, you'd think that he's the muscle and I'm the brain. You're wrong, he's the guy who always said "I told you so" in the end." ~ Mike
reset_ep_zero___gerald_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d5p7bgc.jpg
Second playable character. Gerald is a mysterious boy who has no memory about himself except prior knowledge about the demons. All he knows is that he has to find Mike and help her seal the demons. Despite his rough exterior, Gerald is actually quite calm and keeps things to himself. He is also a good cook and a very clean person. Mike claims he has an OCD, despite knowing the real meaning behind it. What's his real identity?

Class : Short-ranged bare-handed fighter

Party Members

Antares Logan (9)
"It's cause I can!"
reset___antares_logan_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d5ukurh.jpg
Antares is a 9-years old boy whose parents died due to a fire, he is currently living with his older brother Reggie and usually plays with his neighbor Alicia. They are waiting for a foster parent to adopt them both and vowed not to leave each other.
After his brother went missing, he keeps trying to look for him despite the danger they are facing. Antares believes no one and is convinced Mike is actually a boy.

Class : Long-ranged catapult user

Alicia Augustine (9)
"I'm sorry, but mom said shouldn't talk to strangers."
reset___alicia_augustine_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d5ukus0.jpg
Antares' childhood friend who is worried about the possibility of Reggie and him leaving the city. She helps him on the quest of finding his brother, but is constantly worried about things.
Despite her age, Alicia is actually quite mature and comments on mike's immature behavior, rendering her ashamed. Antares calls her bossy and they usually bicker a lot. Has a small crush towards Reggie.

Class : Long-ranged catapult user

Valerie Andrews (19)
"It doesn't matter how much it will take... I'll save him."
reset___valerie_andrews_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d5ukpwv.jpg
Valerie will replace Miki's role in the first game, because I planned to have Miki in another role next time... She is a very shy and introverted college student and is willing to support her boyfriend Mikail who is trying to win the baseball championship. She's usually calm outside, but her tongue can be very harsh at times, especially when she is pissed.

Class : Healer

Suwabara Jun (26)
"There's one thing you should be afraid of. My fist."
reset____suwabara_jun_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d5sncfg.jpg
Jun is an occassional piano player at a two-star restaurant during the evenings and sometimes lurks the night with her motorcycle. Her current occupation and status is unknown. She is very strong and is able to smash a rock only with her fist.
She'll volunteer to be a member of your party, but it needs a little bit of work.

Class : Short-ranged bare-handed fighter

Others

Chef Suwabara (26)
reset___chef_suwabara_by_azurextwilight_rllz-d5t45c2.jpg
His cooking became popular after winning the TV show "Mustard Chef". He is known to be too soft, which makes it harder for him to run his crowded restaurant. Some of the missing person used to work in his restaurant and he keeps needing a new part-timer every time.

Coren Baili (?)

An eccentric gift shop owner who gets pissed often due to the popularity of another gift shop. Coren is popular with the girls, but sometimes his height makes him really uncomfortable. He sells bizzare things behind his store.
COREN.jpg
Alicia (?)

Not to be confused with the young Alicia, she is Coren's assistant. Everyone can see that Coren has a feelings for her, but she keeps denying it. Her charm is irresistible, that even Gerald has to stare for a while... before Coren smacks him.

Etoile (17)

A girl who works iin the new gift shop. Sometimes buyr comes to the shop just to see her. Etoile is very innocent and friendly, she also gives a lower price than Coren, which is the reason why her shop becomes popular really soon.

Features:

- RPG Battles + level up + new levels unlock new skills
- Animated lip-flap/blinking characters
- CGs
- The ability to move places and inspect things, gather clues and present them to people (WIP)
- Two different endings + extra special hidden scenes, you can unlock the hidden scenes in one go.
- Play as both Mike and Gerald

Stuff:

Footage:

Cg:
cg1.jpg
Bg:

Filtered photos orz
12.jpg
Last edited by azureXtwilight on Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:36 am, edited 7 times in total.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

Re: Re:Set Episode 1 Remake [Male/Fem MC][RPG][VN][Mystery]

#2 Post by azureXtwilight »

There's also a "moving" map feature which allows you to move to some places or another during the game, so I just finished the first map... Not sure if this is any good.
map1a.jpg

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#3 Post by WickedRaccoon »

Oh wow,a remake? *nose-bleed* The first episodes were so good,I was waiting for the rest of the episodes. But a remake tops that!
Is the plot going to be the same as the first one,with demon Lust?(btw,when I read Mustard,I laughed soo hard cause I though I read Muster-my nickname my dad made up xD)
The new characters are interesting
(plus,Jun and Yuri are playing in in? Effin' amazing!).
But I got a bit confused with Valerie. How is she going to replace Mike in the first game?
You can play as both Mike AND Gerald? That's a huge plus! And the rest of the features are really promising! The map seems fine to me,nothing too complicated yet it's not boring either.
Will be checking this out! Wish you good luck!!! :)
Last edited by WickedRaccoon on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

v3-kei
Regular

#4 Post by v3-kei »

azureXtwilight wrote:There's also a "moving" map feature which allows you to move to some places or another during the game, so I just finished the first map... Not sure if this is any good.
map1a.jpg

The idea is great! But the vertical layout may have lessened readabilty, in my opinion.

Also, RPG REMAKE!!? IT'S GONNA BE SO AWESOME!
Moved account to fuicchi.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#5 Post by azureXtwilight »

WickedRaccoon wrote:Oh wow,a remake? *nose-bleed* The first episodes were so good,I was waiting for the rest of the episodes. But a remake tops that!
Is the plot going to be the same as the first one,with demon Lust?(btw,when I read Mustard,I laughed soo hard cause I though I read Muster-my nickname my dad made up xD)
The new characters are interesting
(plus,Jun and Yuri are playing in in? Effin' amazing!).
But I got a bit confused with Valerie. How is she going to replace Mike in the first game?
You can play as both Mike AND Gerald? That's a huge plus! And the rest of the features are really promising! The map seems fine to me,nothing too complicated yet it's not boring either.
Will be checking this out! Wish you good luck!!! :)
It will be somewhat the same yet different too. I realized that the first game doesn't really explain much about the main characters, so I have to give them more backstory. More characters and more issues.

Valerie is replacing Miki and not Mike :3
v3-kei wrote:
azureXtwilight wrote:There's also a "moving" map feature which allows you to move to some places or another during the game, so I just finished the first map... Not sure if this is any good.
map1a.jpg

The idea is great! But the vertical layout may have lessened readabilty, in my opinion.

Also, RPG REMAKE!!? IT'S GONNA BE SO AWESOME!
Hmm, I'll consider changing it to horizontal and see what's best.
Yes, it has rpg battles. All thanks to Jake's engine C:
It's practically done, but the art for the battles isn't done yet.

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#6 Post by WickedRaccoon »

azureXtwilight wrote:Valerie is replacing Miki and not Mike :3
*facepalm* Me and my retard eyes... Orz Now that explains it.
True,the first didn't have that much info,but it made it more thrillin' when you would find out more about them. *w*

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#7 Post by azureXtwilight »

Okay, now I'll introduce you to the investigation part of the game~

It's... heavily inspired by ace attorney. :lol:
Basically you can talk to a character or inspect a room. Sometimes there are some things required for you to inspect a room, like the permission of the room owner or getting some clues first. When there's someone, you can also talk to him/her. More dialogue options will pop out once you've done some chores first :D
ScreenShot042.jpg
ScreenShot043.jpg

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#8 Post by tiya_nofurita »

*i'm pretty much a stalker*
teheeeheeee

the point and click adventure remind me of "Silent Hill" cell phone version, or "Eve" series. It's cool you can adapt this system into Ren'Py :D (teach me sometime, OK ?)
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#9 Post by azureXtwilight »

Hey, thanks! Now I'm working on the RPG part of the game :D

I wonder if I can have some sort of "affection" system, but it's more how your party members view you (not romantically, that'd be creepy). I'm trying to make the characters unlock a special skill or something when the trust bar is maximized.

Surufe
Regular
Projects: [secret]
Organization: t-a-s-t-e Inc.

#10 Post by Surufe »

Mike is a gal?!
*too stupid, can't regonize*
Okay,so, I was a lesbian during the time playing Re:Set 1 :X
(And a normal bro during ep 2 Sorry peeps)
Okay, I want to help with this so bad TzT
Anddddd.....
Another Mystery and Crime VN!
New Account - Rye
I'm no longer using this account.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#11 Post by azureXtwilight »

Yo, guys! Ive updated with how the clues are going to look like :
lolclues.png
Surufe wrote:Mike is a gal?!
*too stupid, can't regonize*
Okay,so, I was a lesbian during the time playing Re:Set 1 :X
(And a normal bro during ep 2 Sorry peeps)
Okay, I want to help with this so bad TzT
Anddddd.....
Another Mystery and Crime VN!
XD Yay! Although this is also a Comedy/RPG too~
I'll probably need help with voice though, even though you can only hear their voices during battle.

Surufe
Regular

#12 Post by Surufe »

Yay for Comedy! OvO Can I give it a shot with the voice xD?
New Account - Rye

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#13 Post by azureXtwilight »

Sure! So far, only Alicia and Valerie's position has been taken :)
We need more for Gerald, Mike, Jun and Antares~ (Although the one who plays Gerald and Mike should be available for other episodes...)

Just give me a sample~

Surufe
Regular

#14 Post by Surufe »

Oh, I can voice acting for Mike and Antares. XD
New Account - Rye

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#15 Post by azureXtwilight »

Aaand we're recruiting battle VAs! XD

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 97#p251897

Male voices, y u so hard to find.