a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Musicians][Dramedy][NaNoRenO] (COMPLETE)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Musicians][Dramedy][Feb NaNoRenO]

#16 Post by CheeryMoya »

Since this is largely a music-based game, please tell me that you aren't going to the usual websites *COUGHKEVINMACLEODCOUGH* for songs because that would be a great shame.

It looks like progress is going great, I'll be watching this. Is it possible to get a few WIP screenshots?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#17 Post by azureXtwilight »

CheeryMoya wrote:Since this is largely a music-based game, please tell me that you aren't going to the usual websites *COUGHKEVINMACLEODCOUGH* for songs because that would be a great shame.
Naaaaaaah. No offense to Kevin, but his music is waaay too overused :P *I even heard his songs on TV*
We're aiming for something unique, such as asking Gerald Ko for music. If you don't know him, he's here : http://www.youtube.com/user/singindork888
We also asked for zia to help :3

Rikka

#18 Post by Rikka »

May I just say that it's really refreshing to see a heroine that doesn't look like, you know, every other heroine in every game ever. :O! I'm immediately drawn to this!

Hibikai
Regular

#19 Post by Hibikai »

This looks amazing! *.* The art and story are very interesting! :)

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#20 Post by Arowana »

@ CheeryMoya
Given the theme of the game, you can also expect a lot of piano and classical orchestra songs. And yes, screenshots below!

@ Rikka
That's really encouraging to hear! The first few designs for the heroine were more conventional, but we think her current style fits her best. Super happy to hear others are liking it, too. :)

@ Hibikai
Thanks for your kind words and hope you enjoy the full game.

One week left to meet our one month deadline! Nellie's busy with the GUI, Azure is coloring the rest of the CGs, and I'm coding up a storm. Serious crunch time commence!

Some WIP screenshots (the filtered backgrounds are hopefully placeholders, but we'll see how much time we have left):

A lot of Hao's dialogue is written in Chinese, especially at the beginning, but you can unlock an option in "Preferences" to switch everything to English.

Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by CheeryMoya »

Arowana wrote: Image
是的,宋大師。我是來找宋大師的。我們可以用中文[??]了嗎?我聽不懂英語!(Shì de, Sòng Dàshī. Wǒ shì lái zhǎo Sòng Dàshī de. Wǒmen kěyǐ yòng Zhōngwén [? ?] le ma? Wǒ tīng bù dǒng Yīngyǔ!)
^I'm a stupid nerd and that's my attempt at trying to copy the characters in the screenshot and translate them myself. I'd like to think I couldn't recognize 2 of the characters since they had a lot of strokes plus they're incredibly tiny not because my Chinese sucks ugh. When Hao talks without the English translations, would it be possible and hopefully not too much work to enlarge the characters? It'd make the strokes clearer and easier to read. Also I want to see if I can understand something outside my textbooks for once ;n;

Also, I'm curious as to what part of China Hao came from. There are different ways to say "I am here to see Master Song" and I don't know all the grammar structures, so the way he talks could be different from what I learned. Where was I going with this. I'm basically just kinda excited to play this game ok

The GUI is awesome btw, clean and simple with the musical theme. What's the [x] in the corner do?

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#22 Post by Arowana »

Here's a unshrunk screenshot. I think the Chinese should be a bit easier to see in the actual game, but let me know if that's still too small. Though actually, we're not expecting most people to understand the Chinese (hence the use of traditional characters). Since the MC's Chinese comprehension is pretty poor, we wanted to simulate the experience of getting a lot of information you didn't understand and having to rely more on context, expressions, etc. We'll see how well that works, though (for people who know Chinese, it's kind of a bonus then hahaha).

I'll defer translation questions to Nellie since my Chinese is pretty bad ;_;. We don't specify where Hao is originally from, though it's implied he went to school in Beijing. He's supposed to have a more formal way of speaking, though.

The "X" hides the textbox. :) (I wanted to put it on the quick menu as a musical rest or something, but it wouldn't fit ^^)
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

Ayame
Regular

#23 Post by Ayame »

I still love this. :D
I even find the filtered backgrounds to look great, so if you end up leaving them in the game, know that you'll have at least one fan, haha.
(Oh, oh! Do I spot a Luzern poster behind Hao? Yay for Switzerland! ... I'll shut up now.)
Avatar made with Chibi Maker 1.1 by gen8 @ deviantart

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#24 Post by Nellie »

@Ayame Yay, a fan! Thanks xD

At this rate though, it does look like we'll probably have to stick with filtered photos for the end of Feb release :(

For those of you who actually noticed that we'll be featuring someone special... and wonders who he is...

TADAH! Presenting... The one and only UNCLE MUGEN!

Brownie points to anyone who was able to guess it'd be him!!

Oh, if there's anyone who's good in transcribing piano/guitar tracks, and willing to help out... Please contact me!! XD

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#25 Post by Nellie »

Here's to show some of the early concept of the GUI (shamelessly ripped off from Uncle Mugen)...

And here's a meaningless snipet of an in-game CG :twisted:

We're pretty excited (well, some of us lol) to have our first completed game released! Anyone with us? :)

Ayame
Regular

#26 Post by Ayame »

*raises hand*
I'm with you! :D I'm very excited for this game as well! I can't wait to see how it turns out.
Good luck for the three remaining days!!
Avatar made with Chibi Maker 1.1 by gen8 @ deviantart

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#27 Post by tiya_nofurita »

I love the concept ^^
keep going, guys !
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by 15385bic »

Nellie wrote: TADAH! Presenting... The one and only UNCLE MUGEN!
OMG - LOL
this is just getting better and better - the rocker chick looks super cool and that look mixed with classical? XD
definitely something im keeping my eye on 8]

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#29 Post by azureXtwilight »

Two more CGs to go guuuys! Yaaargh! And aro, I'd like to retouch that ol' CG you posted since the colors Nellie gave me are different ;D

Please have a skirt, and then you'll wonder "What the heck are these guys doing~?!"
skirt.jpg

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#30 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Hm...I'm not excited to see this at all...
'Cuz it's wrong!
It should be VERY VERY VERY VERY exciting for me! :D Oh my...UNCLE MUGEN is sooo kute <3 I'm really looking forward to it. Andddddddd....it's almost the end of February :)) Game for meh!!! *jump and scream*