In addition it's going to be a kinetic novel. A short one because it's my first title!!!
"We can't escape Violence. We can only embrace it. Always remember in your hearts, as Violence is the law. It's the absolute!"
America has been ravaged by civil war. Two conflicting sides, one of hope and one of truth, locked in mortal combat. It will never end, it's been going on for too long, someone has to stop it. But who?
Albert Chapman, a young boy who discovers another boy, chained to meet his doom. This boy will give inspiration and hope to stop this conflict. But what about Albert's father, what will he think of this?
*Note: The story is still under development. Along the way I might change some ideas about the story to make it interesting to play. If you think I could add some more stuff to the story, please give a comment and we can discuss it through PM. Can't give to much away, now can I?
The theme, or well the idea is suppose to give a sense of hope and fighting through everything to get what's right. 'Albert Chapman' is a boy who believes that America can be a better place if they just stop this pathetic fight. Fortunately, he meets another boy, who is also like him as they share a common interest. Once I complete the game, (hopefully) you would've understand that even though there will be bumps in the road, even extreme ones, those moments will push you further to our goal, our dreams for the future because it's a challenge.
The story is set around 2011/2012, situated in America, New York, which has ultimately become a dystopian-like place. There are two groups which will be mentioned in the story:
1. The Fraternity of Hope # A patriotic group whose ideals are based around the American flag, unaware of what they're doing because I want to show the idea of being blind and not following your senses.
2. The Unblinding Truth # A group who turned away from the flag because they didn't wanted to blindly follow orders and become 'mind controlled' pawns. They don't like the idea of patriotism and want to spread truth everywhere. However, what they do not know is the way they're acting is almost patriotic because they're fighting for what they're believing.
strong and well toned. Smart enough to know his way around and doesn't fall for things very easily. Albert keeps to himself when meeting new people because of his cautious manner but once he knows someone he never forgets their face.
Progress is a bit slow because of school work. I'm trying to get things done when I have some spare time but hopefully I won't neglect the project because it is going to be my first. I've drawn some character concepts and if you want to see them click on the link at the top. Keep in mind those concepts are not final, just ideas. As you can see I prefer to program the visual novel but just to prove I'm committed I am prepared to make a demo (a very crap one indeed) soon. I've got school starting tomorrow but it shouldn't take long anyway!
So, this is all I got so far for my first post. I just wanted to ask some questions so I can get some general ideas:
1. What do you guys think about the story so far. Despite the fact I haven't told all of it otherwise it will spoil too much.
2. Anything I need to improve upon.
3. Would it be a game worth waiting, or something that's interesting.
4. If there are things you are concerned about or anything at all please comment. I'll try and write back soon to give you the update.
Anyway now, this is the end of the post. From time to time I'll edit this post with up-to-date information and where I'm going from this. Until next time, see ya!