About the characters:
Download the Semester 1 demo now !
Spend the entirety of the first Semester at Bear School, where you’re the one and only human surrended by a bunch of meddlesome bears who all seem to like you a lot. With this first half of the game, you’ll get a whole lot of different moments with Blain the black bear, Greg the grizzly, Kerry the kermode bear and Pang the panda. You’ll then get to decide which one of them you should spend the second semester with, and maybe take your relationship with them to the next level.
About the demo:
- This demo should be several hours long depending on the decisions you might take, and covers the entirety of the first semester of the year.
- Work on both Mac & PC so go for it.
- As the first semester of the game, you get to spend a lot of time with everyone but not to date anyone just yet. Your only romantic path is the hidden teacher-student red panda route that you can unlock by being fairly insisting with Mr Siena during the start of the game.
- As such, you can actually play the whole demo and already get one of the endings of the game, so definitely try to go for it and download it now!
- Hatoful Boyfriend much? : Yes and no. Yes: the project started with a joke that I threw to one of my gamer friend, who was mentionning and reminding me the very existence of HB. No: I have never played HB and I only know the concept of it, that’s really it. I am not in any way influenced by the events of whatever happens in Hatoful Boyfriend, aside from the concept, obviously.
- What will this be about? : Your name is Arthur Orson (by default)(bear pun etymology much) and you have a whole semester to decide what main option you will follow starting of the next semester, thus deciding automatically who you will spend most time with out of your friends. Basically, a slice of life/(gay) dating sim. With bears.
- Does it get NSFW? Yes but now. Teasing or awkward/funny situations are involved but there's no sex at all, it would be a tad too weird, so don't worry about that.
- Can you date everyone? : Let’s not leave any kind of suspense here: you cannot date Pang. His route will be a big-brotheresque one. You can, however, date the others (or not if you chose not to). The game will also feature a special end where you don’t pick any member of the main gang, but someone else (thus “skipping” the second semester).
- My head kinda hurts : Mine too, don’t worry
- Will this be a commercial project? : Nope. It’s just a dumb project of mine I started to keep myself busy through those hard days of unemployment - it will not be commercial.
- How can I follow the development of this thing? : Check the “bear school” tag every now and then and/or follow this blog, I’ll try to keep you guys updated.
- Any way I could support the project? : By doing the aforementionned things and maybe leaving me some feedback? Really, feedback is so motivating, whether it’s good or not. So if you want this project to happen, feel free to let me know it does interest you.
- Anything else I should know? The full name of the game is “Bear School, Which is for bears”
- What? whaaaat I don’t even know I’m sooooo tired
- Was this game seriously necessary? http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool
Thanks for reading this mess, feel free to ask me anything or give me some feedback on the demo if you try it out!