Moe Escape [Escape the room, Psychological, horror, cute]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
LolicOnion
Regular

#1 Post by LolicOnion »

The title screen. Subject to change.

So this is a game I started from scratch a little over a week ago. I played a game from the Google Play store called "Ellie - Help Me Out... Please" and I was just inspired to make my own escape the room type game.

Setting:
So the game starts when you wake up from a state of unconsciousness in a nearly pitch black room. You can hear the voice of a young girl asking if you're okay. The game proceeds with you as the main character who is chained to a wall giving orders to the little girl to figure out how to escape the room
A screenshot from the opening scene.

Play:
The game is seen through the eyes of the main character, but we never actually see this person. You can switch between two views of the room, left and right. It's supposed to be as if the main character is moving his/her head back and forth.
Fabienne asking what you want her to do next.

Resources:
I made the story and the character art myself. My sister made the font for me with her own handwriting (because I wanted something cute haha). The room is composed of various models and such from Sketchup. I've got some creepy music from the freemusicarchives.com under a creative commons license. I think that's about it.
Most of the different versions of Fabienne that I had to make. Copy and paste is our friend :,D

Final Thoughts:
-I tried to make Fabienne (the little girl) kinda moe, hence the title of the game. But I don't know if I succeeded or not.
-I plan on porting to android. I've already made ports of the apk and have tested it on my devices. It's a little slower than the pc version, but still cool. I lowered the resolution, and the speed is now perfectly fine!
-The game is pretty short, but that's ok. It wasn't meant to be a super serious thought-out thing.
-I've still got a lot of cosmetic stuff and touch-ups to do...

So, what do you guys think so far in general?

More screenshots:
ImageImageImage
Last edited by LolicOnion on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Moe Escape [Escape the room, Psychological, horror, cute

#2 Post by LVUER »

Looks good. The girl looks moe. And definitely want to play it when it's done (^_^) Do you make the BG using sketch-up?

Ah, now you make me want to make an escape the room game too, with moe loli protagonist too...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

LolicOnion
Regular

#3 Post by LolicOnion »

Thank you ^__^

And yes, I used Sketch-up for the backgrounds.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#4 Post by LVUER »

Ah, then may be you can use the free renderer that Mugenjohncel mentioned in this thread -> http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 46&t=19498

Or you can use his free resources... IDK if there's any that you can use though -> http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 52&t=17302

Or you can go to his blog/site to read his tutorial in making BG with Sketch-up. Mugenjohncel is really awesome in making BG with Sketch-up.

Oops, I start sounds like spamming here...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by 15385bic »

O_o - looking at those screenshots...can she walk around as well?!
definitely moe - and reminds me of those puzzel games like 999 where you have to escape

i do like the backgrounds too =]
good luck with this

Skyefrost
Regular

#6 Post by Skyefrost »

I love this idea! This game reminds me of the free "Ellie Help me out please" andorid game. The Screenshot looks similar as well (there's an ipad/iphone game of it as well) Though ellie isn't as moe lol. Though there's are some key differences XD it's so creepy the game. <3

http://www.apkpedia.com/2012/10/ellie-h ... -game.html#

screenshots

Major Game spoiler:
Ellie is actually the killer and if you don't help her she will kill the real Ellie and of course you.

LolicOnion
Regular

#7 Post by LolicOnion »

Skyefrost wrote:I love this idea! This game reminds me of the free "Ellie Help me out please" andorid game. The Screenshot looks similar as well (there's an ipad/iphone game of it as well) Though ellie isn't as moe lol. Though there's are some key differences XD it's so creepy the game. <3

http://www.apkpedia.com/2012/10/ellie-h ... -game.html#

screenshots

Major Game spoiler:
Ellie is actually the killer and if you don't help her she will kill the real Ellie and of course you.
Yes! :D

As I said in my original post, my game was inspired by Ellie and so I pretty much modeled my game around that whole type of atmosphere.

Cadenza
Regular
Projects: Ghost Memory

#8 Post by Cadenza »

This looks mega-cute and clever! I enjoy escape the room games quite a bit.

Question: Have you thought about doing this as a point-and-click flash game rather than a visual novel? Most escape-the-room games are point-and-click, and that's not really a Thing in visual novels.

LolicOnion
Regular

#9 Post by LolicOnion »

Cadenza wrote:This looks mega-cute and clever! I enjoy escape the room games quite a bit.

Question: Have you thought about doing this as a point-and-click flash game rather than a visual novel? Most escape-the-room games are point-and-click, and that's not really a Thing in visual novels.
Thank you! It's nearly complete, so get ready to play within the next week!! xD

It's a point-and-click visual novel. I made it using imagemaps. Lot's of 'em. lol

Basically, you click on something, and then Fabienne(the loli) inspects the click area and reports feedback.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#10 Post by LVUER »

Almost ready? Yeah! I think this is a few RenPy game that I actually waits for the release. Homeward was one of them, perhaps you want to play it too? Oops, spamming again... Anyway, can't wait for the release ;)

DeviantArt Account

Cadenza
Regular
Projects: Ghost Memory

#11 Post by Cadenza »

LolicOnion wrote:
Thank you! It's nearly complete, so get ready to play within the next week!! xD

It's a point-and-click visual novel. I made it using imagemaps. Lot's of 'em. lol

Basically, you click on something, and then Fabienne(the loli) inspects the click area and reports feedback.
Oh, awesome! I was thinking the player was presented with a choice menu of where to make Fabienne search, which in my head looked jarring, but if it's point-and-click that's awesome! Looking forward to it.
Last edited by Cadenza on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

neebuu
Projects: Ataxia
Organization: Veggie Studios

#12 Post by neebuu »

This looks like a fun game! I've never played a point-and-click visual novel before, so this looks like a lot of fun. : )

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#13 Post by Kato »

Patiently awaiting this games completion...

... Is it done yet?! :<
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Kitten the Cat
Regular
Projects: The Onigami House [NaNo12], Beyond the Veil [NaNo14]
Organization: Riceball Games

#14 Post by Kitten the Cat »

This looks so awesome! I love the sprites too, she's so cute :D Will be waiting for this one too.
Currently working on Beyond the Veil, our NaNoRenO '14 entry.

LolicOnion
Regular

#15 Post by LolicOnion »

neebuu wrote:This looks like a fun game! I've never played a point-and-click visual novel before, so this looks like a lot of fun. : )
I hope I can live up to your expectations! :3

Kato wrote:Patiently awaiting this games completion...
... Is it done yet?! :<
I'm very very close to finishing. I'm just going through final testing to make sure the code works everywhere, and then I've got to just clean some stuff up and add final details. :D

Kitten the Cat wrote:This looks so awesome! I love the sprites too, she's so cute :D Will be waiting for this one too.
Thank you! TTwTT
Glad you like the sprites, I worked on them a lot!