Ataxia [Dystopia][Drama] (Minor characters added!)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

Re: Ataxia [Dystopia][Drama] (Minor characters added!)

#16 Post by Omnificent »

Multiple POVs? Unique, dystopian setting? Appealing and distinct character designs?

I'll be watching this.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

#17 Post by Duskylli »

I'll be watching this too! Seems like a fun set of characters. I can't wait to see how they interact.

neebuu
Projects: Ataxia
Organization: Veggie Studios

#18 Post by neebuu »

Blane Doyle wrote:Ok, how did I miss this topic for so long? Not only does the story interest me but I absolutely ADORE the character designs and the art style! Everyone looks so unique but not too overdone with added bits like accessories. It just looks... polished. That's a good description for the art, I think, polished!

I am definitely looking forward to this now that I have taken a look, I hope everything is going wonderfully for you.

Oh goodness, I can't even begin to say how much this comment means to us! One of our staff members (the artist whose art you see in my previous post) shared this comment with the team and we all appreciate this very much! Thank you so very much for your kind words! : )

And again, thank you! We're glad to have your support and we hope that everything is going great for you as well! We will keep you updated on our progress and we hope to have our demo up very soon!

Good luck on your project as well! I can't wait to see it finished!

Omnificent wrote:Multiple POVs? Unique, dystopian setting? Appealing and distinct character designs?

I'll be watching this.
Wow, thank you so very much! We appreciate your support! : )
Duskylli wrote:I'll be watching this too! Seems like a fun set of characters. I can't wait to see how they interact.
Thank you! We've been hard at work on character interaction; I promise you won't be disappointed!

I really can't thank you all enough for your kind comments! We're very excited!

We're all also very excited to see your own projects done! Good luck, and we wish you all the best! : )

Topolis

#19 Post by Topolis »

Artist stepping in to clarify that while we are working on a demo, it will not be done "very soon". It's easy to get excited about these things! Sadly, actual work and excitement are very different things. So while we are working on assets and plots when time allows (curse that wretched thing we call real life!), we cannot promise a time when a working demo will be out at this moment in time.

That aside, we do appreciate the comments. They make my heart swell! I just wish we all have endless time to work on Ataxia, haha! While I won't make any promises, I do hope we end up with something that lives up to expectations. : )

shanie019
Completed: N/A
Projects: N/A

#20 Post by shanie019 »

-casually stalks-
Hello! I don't have anything to say in my signature. Hahaha.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#21 Post by Blue Lemma »

You should put this on Kickstarter. The fact that it's your first VN doesn't matter. It looks very hypeable, and that's how you make money there.

Just think - you can get everyone to pay in advance based on a dream... and since it's your first, there's absolutely no history you can be tied down to! :)

(I'm serious about this. You should really consider it. The KS model is absurd in some ways, but might as well take advantage of it.)
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Koi

Re: Ataxia [Kickstarter Suggestion]

#22 Post by Koi »

Ataxia was set up to be a free release VN from the get-go. This isn't saying we're not flattered by everyone's willingness to donate though. It's just that the majority of us aren't entirely comfortable with the idea of involving money with the project. So far it hasn't cost us anything to make Ataxia and any funding it may require in the future would most likely be out of our own pockets.

For the time being we're going to hold off on public funding, but if that window ever presents itself we'll make sure to let you all know.

-Koi

arachni42
Veteran
Organization: no, I'm pretty messy

#23 Post by arachni42 »

This sounds pretty cool. The character designs are very original! One thing though... they all (save one) are listed as in their 20s. A number of them look older than their stated age.... namely, Dimitri, Elena, Becky, Richard, David. Well, Mira looks a lot younger, but I'm sure that's intentional. Leif seems a little young to have that gray streak in his hair, though I know some people get that at a young age. It still makes me think 50s.

I think Cormac's design is particularly well done. (and he does look his age + messed up) As mentioned, I like the style!

This seems like it will be very interesting... I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
I, Miku (NaNoRenO 2014)
Vignettes (NaNoRenO 2013)

Nebty

#24 Post by Nebty »

Whoa, this looks pretty amazing! Dual protagonists are always welcome, and I love dystopian settings.

That's also quite a comprehensive list of pursuable characters there, and they all look quite interesting. Those are some scary-ass teeth on Jackal. I like his design.

Will Madoc/Xun be in the game if you choose the other one? If so, will you have to play through as both of them if you want to get the whole story?

Looking forward to seeing more.

neebuu

#25 Post by neebuu »

Blue Lemma wrote:You should put this on Kickstarter. The fact that it's your first VN doesn't matter. It looks very hypeable, and that's how you make money there.

Just think - you can get everyone to pay in advance based on a dream... and since it's your first, there's absolutely no history you can be tied down to! :)

(I'm serious about this. You should really consider it. The KS model is absurd in some ways, but might as well take advantage of it.)
First, let me say that we are really flattered to have you complimenting our VN! It means a lot to us, all of these comments do. And while we do appreciate your suggestion, we have discussed Kickstarter and have decided not to bother with it at the moment as we're not sure what we would do with the money and we would like Ataxia to be freeware. :)

However! We still have a while and some time to think about this so we will definitely consider this! But first we would need to decide what we would do with the money. But we really appreciate your suggestion and your interest in our project!

arachni42 wrote:This sounds pretty cool. The character designs are very original! One thing though... they all (save one) are listed as in their 20s. A number of them look older than their stated age.... namely, Dimitri, Elena, Becky, Richard, David. Well, Mira looks a lot younger, but I'm sure that's intentional. Leif seems a little young to have that gray streak in his hair, though I know some people get that at a young age. It still makes me think 50s.

I think Cormac's design is particularly well done. (and he does look his age + messed up) As mentioned, I like the style!

This seems like it will be very interesting... I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
Thank you so much! :) We really appreciate it!

We actually discussed this comment and agreed with you on Richard. He is much too young to be a doctor and looks a lot older than he really is. That being said, we have changed his age to thirty! But Dimitri, Elena, Becky, and Davey are meant to be younger/in their mid-twenties and it may very well be these particular pictures that make them look older. Leif we're still discussing! We really appreciate your input, it's helped a lot!

Thank you again! Cormac has been a fun character to work with and we hope that you like his route as well!

We really appreciate it and we will keep you up to date!

Nebty wrote:Whoa, this looks pretty amazing! Dual protagonists are always welcome, and I love dystopian settings.

That's also quite a comprehensive list of pursuable characters there, and they all look quite interesting. Those are some scary-ass teeth on Jackal. I like his design.

Will Madoc/Xun be in the game if you choose the other one? If so, will you have to play through as both of them if you want to get the whole story?

Looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you! We're very excited to be writing for two different protagonists and in a dystopian setting to boot. We're happy to hear that you like this as well! And thanks again! We're very happy to hear that you think so! Hehe, we think that people will like Jackal! He's quite a... Uh, character.

Yes! Their appearances will be brief in each other's routes (as they will not be the main focus in the various routes available per protagonist) but they will be there! Each character has a specific amount and set of characters they can pursue and in order to unlock the true ending of the story each character's good end must be complete. That being said, yes, you will have to play as both of them if you want to get the whole story. There will also be alternate smaller endings in the routes but these are minor and not needed to unlock the true end. For example, short "dead ends."

I don't want to spoil too much, but I will say that Xun and Madoc will constantly be seeing each other in the true end route!

Thank you so much! We all really appreciate your interest! :)

Topolis

#26 Post by Topolis »

Artist here to deposit a sprite! Hello Dimitri! Sadly I don't have much to add. The art style for characters has been established so there's not a whole lot exciting in art developments other than actual production! A background style still needs to be developed though! Working working working...

AWSalmon
Regular
Projects: The Human Reignition Project
Organization: AlienWorks Productions

#27 Post by AWSalmon »

This is probably the VN I'm most looking forward to. I hope the writing is as good as your art.
"We have cars that drive for us, services that shop for us, devices that speak for us, machines that clean and cook and work for us. You can't say that removing these things from our daily lives has no effect on the way we interact. As I speak, how many of you are working, or communicating with someone else? Could we do that twenty years ago? Ten? Society has changed very slowly throughout the course of human history, but in the span of only two generations, there have been more technology-driven societal advances than we can count."

"People everywhere are able to talk to others clear on the other side of the world, and we do this at the expense of interacting with others around us. We have our heads buried so deeply in our technology that we ignore our surroundings. Society is stretched far beyond what should be possible, thanks to technology. We have friends in other countries while we have strangers in our own homes."

The Human Reignition Project
AlienWorks.Recruiting@gmail.com

neebuu

#28 Post by neebuu »

AWSalmon wrote:This is probably the VN I'm most looking forward to. I hope the writing is as good as your art.
Oh wow, thank you so much! Hearing this means a lot to us!

Our entire team is very talented, writers and artists alike! You certainly won't be disappointed, I promise. :)

Fleeples
Projects: If!Girl

#29 Post by Fleeples »

Wow, looking forward to this a whole bunch. One to watch, I think.

neebuu

#30 Post by neebuu »

Fleeples wrote:Wow, looking forward to this a whole bunch. One to watch, I think.
We're all so happy to hear this! Thank you for your interest and support. We really appreciate it! :)