Soul Hunt[GxB][Fantasy][Dramedy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
NyuNeon

Soul Hunt[GxB][Fantasy][Dramedy]

#1 Post by NyuNeon »

Something is disturbing the Equilbrium.
It has begun to tip off balance.
All because one human can't die normally.
Hello there! NyuNeon, here. This isn't my first game, but I do hope that I finish it. This is actually a spin-off from one of my other gaming ideas that grew too complicated, so I wanted to try to start out slow. And I mean seriously. Only two Persuables, my lovelies~ I want to at least have one game done.

~*|Story|*~
Poetic Version:
The Sin of Carnage, skilled in the art of warfare, was once known as for her courage and bravery for ending the great Ethereal War. She was constantly showered with medals, wealth, admiration... then suddenly, she disappeared, never to be seen again. The Nightlings say she was assassinated by a rival general, from a neighboring nation. Others say she slowly became insane after the genocide of all humans. Of all stories, they would never expect her to be death, itself. This is the story of Nyx Trembley and how she reborned as the reaper of the souls.

Discriptive Version:
Nyx Tremblay, a high-ranking demon who holds a sin, was once the General of the Royal Calitian Army, but she was offered a position to become a Soul Hunter, more commonly known as a reaper. She accepted it, leaving her title and past behind. Expecting to become the best ranking Hunter, she ended up not in first, but in.... fourth. Of all places fourth. Apparently, second place is taken by Death, the first hunter has dissapeared, but the third was sort of hard to take. She has been sub-dued by the common spirit. Pissed, she seeked out to beat him, only to get beaten plenty more times. Many centuries later, Nyx still continues to get beaten, until, that is.... she volunteered to take a hunt, where a certain human got a curious death of "Non-Existance." Hoping to get promoted, she rushed into killing him, only to find him surviving luckily... several times. Trying one more time, she got caught by a young boy. Trying to brush him off, he just suddenly clings on to her like glue. Confused and disgusted by being touched by a human, she tried shoving him off with her massive strength only to be surprised that she can't. Not to mention he recognizes that she is Reaper?!

~*|Characters|*~
Our heroine:
Nyx Tremblay
"I am Nyx. The Sin of Carnage, Ex-General of the Royal Army, and now...4th... reaper of the souls! "
Nyx is a proud character. Surprising how she isn't the Sin of Pride. She's loud. She's flashy. She likes soda. And she is so effing adorable when she swears<3. Yup. An American. Or at least thats her area where she reaps. She was once the General of Royal Army, during the Sloth age. She is used to be number one. Until, that is, she was accepted into the Order.

Persuables:
Reid Beckett
"I know I can't. So... I won't."
Suprisingly due to Reid's cheerful like demeanor, he is actually a pessimist and distant. Which is stupid since he has the perfect family. Perfect place. Perfect life. He overlooks everything. His family actually puts lot of pressure that he.... Just broke. Although you can't see it at first, he's the most clever in the whole cast of SoulHunt.

Orion Gauthier
"I've been waiting for this day for ages. Waiting for you."
He's a mysterious kid, who seems to be surprisingly outgoing about Nyx's profession. When not about the Reapers, he turns bored and unenthusiastic, deeming him to be cool, calm, and collected, while really he's not.

Misc:
Vladimir Dracul
Vladimir was apparently once known as Vlad the Impaler, Count Dracula, and other aliases. He is one of the very few vampires in the order, despite the fact that he was the one who caused it to be that way. He might be a persuable or not. Vlad is known to be a neat freak and was once an bloodholic until he got into rehab.

Givaldi Vexare
"Am I doing it right? Am I doing it right? Am I doing it right?"
Givaldi, is very peeved whenever someone says her name with the wrong accent, whether or not the person belongs to a higher ranking than her. She is very uncertain of herself and happens to be a little bit clumsy when she tries to do something. Despite her little confidence in herself, she happens to know what to do even at the worst of times.

Faust Donovan
"Hello, Poppit."
Faust is heavily inspired by the Britains. Afterall, he reaps that part of the World. He is a spirit, whose ranked 3rd Reaper. He often taunts Nyx, much to her dismay. He is very sarcastic and does not take it kindly when someone makes fun of his race. He has a cute british accent and is actually reserved, whenever Nyx is not involved. Faust is Nyx's friendly competition. The reason why she's even taking the case.

Charlotte Bernadette
"To the point where I'll take my own life."
Nyx's last hunt. Cause of death was "suicide." Nyx uses this form to in public, so she doesn't reveal her true form and she's trying to stalk follow reid. Despite the type of death, Nyx is actually pretty fond of her.

Death
"We must do what it takes to preserve the Equilbrium!"
Is a woman. Many reapers wonder what type of Nightling she is, since she never had reverted to her true form. She's very mysterious, distant, and more than anything, she believes in her duty to the equilbrium is above all else. She is the 2nd reaper, despite being death, itself. Apparently, the 1st reaper has dissappeared. Lost, somewhere between the humans, and their world.

~*|Progress|*~
95% - Concepts and Planning
12% - Scripting
17% - Writing
5%% - Sprites
00% - CGs
32% - BGs
20% - Music
00% - SFX
03% - Overall

~*|Screenshots|*~

~*|Other|*~

~*|Updates|*~
-New Sprite Updates! Starting with Orion.
-Engine Change: I'm forced to use Ren'py instead of Novelty, due to it's inability to universally save games, and other complications. However, I do hope that I can revert back.
-Tons of BGs found!

~*|Download|*~
To be coming soon...<3
Last edited by NyuNeon on Mon May 13, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.

blahblah0625
Regular

Re: Soul Hunt[GxB][Fantasy][Dramedy][NaNoRenO 2013]

#2 Post by blahblah0625 »

Wowzahs! This looks like a nice game! I hope to get to play it soon, good luck!
Screams and yells for bishies

EchoLove
Regular

#3 Post by EchoLove »

Looks really good :D

NyuNeon

#4 Post by NyuNeon »

blahblah0625 wrote:Wowzahs! This looks like a nice game! I hope to get to play it soon, good luck!
EchoLove wrote:Looks really good :D
Thank you so much guys! Ugh, only 12 days >.< Hope I can finish the cgs. And all the endings.