Tsuki no sengoku (romance, history)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
elhlyn
Regular
Projects: Manorialism

Tsuki no sengoku (romance, history)

#1 Post by elhlyn »

previously (long long time ago) I had a topic about the same story. The story has changed quite a bit. (but kept the same characters, mostly)

the new story, to put it short, is a love story about a struggle between 2 lover's ideals. It takes place in Feudal Japan with the 2 main character, Otsuki Kagesora and Satake Kyoko. Kagesora passes out in front of Kyoko's shrine the day before she had to go up north to visit her mother. Kyoko called Kagesora Ao (which just so happens to be his birth name) because of his armor (it literally says Blue or Ao). Kagesora calls Kyoko Miko-san, despite Kyoko telling him her name. travel across Japan (through a series of events) and fell in love with each other. but however these 2 characters have a bad tendency to change the other. Kagesora, wanted Kyoko to be a strong loyal warrior girl, while Kyoko wanted Kagesora to be a very passionate and creative lover. These 2 characters are influnced in what they read (Kyoko reads a lot of romance novels and Kagesora read the Ballad of Mulan and the 3 kingdoms... sort of) The 2 become more and more involved with politics, following the rise of Nobunaga.
the story by the way crunches up about 60 or so years in to a few years.

Okay here's an explanation of the setting: The story is loosely based off the of the Sengoku period of Japan, where many Daimyo (provincial warlords) are trying to become the Shogun or ruler of Japan. Humans aren't the only types of people in the world; there are other kinds of humans so to speak (okay to sum it up there are people with animal ears in the story) They are spread out through out the world, though it's not exactly mentioned in the story. different areas and province in Japan would have different sorts of people. In Japan, there are Oni (ogres, or basically in this version; people with horns on their head. they usually have red or blue hair.) Kitsune (fox eared people, one of the clan, Satake, is a Kitsune exclusive clan. one of the main character Kyoko, is a kitsune) Nekos (cat eared, most of them live in lower Chubu regions (google it), The Matsudaira, or Tokugawa later on, is the dominant Neko clan.) Inugai (dog eared people, an almost extinct race, living near the capital, Kyoto, and the Kinki region (again search it up) they are well known to be the most loyal and ideal samurai. that's why they're extinct: when Inugai warriors fight, they would either win or die, whether it be their own hands or the others) The Okami (wolf eared, they are mostly known to be hermits or Shinobis. they either come from Iga or Hokkaido. they are usually hired by daimyos to do espionage, sabotage, or murder.) Hebi (they are Lamia or snake people. the upper body of a human and lower body of a snake. oppinions may vary) and finally humans (basically the ones with no ears. they are the most populated race in Japan. They are also known to be the most racist, using the term Yokai for all the other non-humans. Yokai is basically a racial slur here.)

the few main characters:

Otsuki Kagesora (birthname: Ao)
Hair: black
eyes: blue
race: human
occupation: low rank Cavalry samurai. (will change eventually) Taisho (commander)
brief description: he comes from the ogigyatsu clan and is motherless, he mainly worked as a town guard and chauffeur for the princess. He had a crush on her and almost married her (since she wanted to avoid marrige with another person) but ran away for his life. he befriends Kyoko and offers her "protection service" on her trip up north.
quirks: likes Chinese things, can't handle alcohol (spits it out the moment he drinks it), sleeping problems when stressed, loves apples,not as religious despite clothing attire, subconsciously has trust issues, has a thing for warrior girls.

Satake Kyoko
hair, brown
eyes, brown
race:kitsune
brief description: she is a shrine maiden who earns money by selling ofuda or paper seals. she was not sure exactly what her family name was and she didn't know her father. She loves reading love novels in her spare time and upon her front door lies a man in blue armor with the words Ao on it. she nursed him back to health and realized that she is a few days late (she should have left 2 days ago) to visit her mother up north. the man in blue, Ao, offers her protection.
quirks: loves reading love novels, hate spiders, can play a shamisen, likes neko ears, has a ball shaped doll, becomes very dangerous when drunk,

here are the people working with me on the project:

Sprite art: a Local friend of mine, doesn't have an account here.
Story: me
Character designs: Sako
Scene/Cg art: Musicfate *not sure, if (s)he is up with the idea, correct me if I'm wrong*
Advisor/editor: v3-kei
Background artist:*none, recruting*

so if you're interested in helping out or want to ask questions about the story, comment this thread
Attachments
the 10 main characters,
the 10 main characters,
this is my own drawing, so it kinda sucks. This is like the what if they were in high school art.
this is my own drawing, so it kinda sucks. This is like the what if they were in high school art.
Last edited by elhlyn on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hadex
Projects: DellFire High
Deviantart: HadexVN

Re: Tsuki no sengoku

#2 Post by Hadex »

Your drawings are really good accually and the story seems quiet interesting. I'm looking forward to it being completed.

elhlyn
Regular
Projects: Manorialism

Re: Tsuki no sengoku

#3 Post by elhlyn »

don't expect it anytime soon sir =w= ll sorry