Amor et Vitia (Love and Vices) [SoL VN][BxG][4 Ver. Story]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Interitum
Projects: Amor et Vitia
Organization: Interitum Studios

Amor et Vitia (Love and Vices) [SoL VN][BxG][4 Ver. Story]

#1 Post by Interitum »

Amor et Vitia!
Version in production: Rachael de'Ariete
The game about finding love, through the hardest of pains.
Type:
A Slice of Life VN.

Plot:
You play a 19 in his third quarter of college. In the pursuit of overcoming the ghosts of your fathers recent passing,
you decide to pursue a relationship. However, the girl you take an interest in, has her own flaws. Through the
ordeal of finding love, and resolution, you help each learn to let go of your issues. And to look forward to the days ahead.

Characters ("Versions"):
Meracle Elfriede: A tall, slim 21 year old, who is oddly nervous around men...
Rachael de'Ariete: A short, 18 year old rich girl, who has transferred from the UK!
Hope Izralova: A 5'5", busty 19 year old, who has been your friend since the start of your college year!
Brina Rish: A 5'7", average 17 year old, who is ahead of the bell-curve for her age!
(Please note. I have a perfectly reasonable ending for her. Please don't freak out and think I'm some sort of pedo. IT WILL BE COMPLETELY LEGAL.)

Development thus far:
Scrapping the whole project, and starting it over, with a different
plan in mind. This time, it's going to be a single character story, and
if they all get made, will be tossed into one!

My notes:
09/26/13: Been a while since I've done anything. Basically went AWOL,
due to a lot of gah-bage hitting the fan. Anyways, I'll see what I can
get accomplished this time!

Extra information:
-None right now-
Last edited by Interitum on Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:12 am, edited 11 times in total.
"A wise man once told me, 'Procrastination is like...'"

"I know I am a scout,
And I should have found a way out,
So everyone can find a way out."

I will eat ALL your unhappiness!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Amor et Vitia (Love and Vices) [DateSim VN][BxG]

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

Interitum wrote:A visual novel, in the style of a dating sim!
It sounds like this will be a love polygon story with choices and varied endings. That said, I'm not entirely sure what you mean... What sort of simulation game elements do you plan to use? Any time management, stat-building, or other gameplay concepts? Looking at what you wrote on Etherpad, it sounds like you'll include some rivalries...

Whatever you do, make sure you can manage it. Don't let your game/VN's scope get so large that it becomes too much to handle.
Interitum wrote:The plot? Does it seem gripping enough?
It sounds like the story is more or less slice of life. Maybe I misunderstood your intentions. But unless there's a large overall plot, then the interactions between characters will be a major part of your plot. I'll look forward to seeing what you create.

Interitum

Re: Amor et Vitia (Love and Vices) [DateSim VN][BxG]

#3 Post by Interitum »

Honestly? Neither am I. The categories here are slightly illusive to me, as I just delved right into programming it.
So, what I say the style is, may not be completely right. You'll have to forgive me, as this is my first time doing
anything like this.

So it may be what is called, "slice of life" here.

And I don't plan on letting it fly out of control, but in the case it does, I'm not going to give up easily. I'm dead
set on making this release. Hopefully I can manage to make it somewhat good, for my first game. And thanks
for questioning my style type. I have a lot of things I'm not 100% clear on. But they're not detrimental to development.

"I know I am a scout,

desulishor
Regular
Completed: Project Dualis, Of Valkyries and Life
Projects: Project Scribble [on hiatus] Project Aivisu (WIP) Seven Seasons (WIP)

Re: Amor et Vitia (Love and Vices) [SoL VN][BxG]

#4 Post by desulishor »

In general, I'm a big fan slice of life- dating sims, focusing on the character's and their life has always interested me more than any big plots.

Though so far, it does seem very bare-bones. Some advice would be to develop their own habits and preferences for each girl, the way of talking, etc... So that they would become more than just their physical attributes and their personal problems, a set of flags without being a person... (don't mean to be too negative here.)
Also, when one's managing everything by themselves, you can kinda get into a counter-creative state of mind, where everything follows more or less the same formula. It might a good idea to have a second writer, so you can share the character development and the individual arcs. (vaguely interested on this.)

and yea, unable to load the notepads currently.

Interitum

#5 Post by Interitum »

I totally understand what you mean, but like I've mentioned elsewhere, I don't like typing
out all my ideas. I mean, a good chunk of it's there! But the rest is built in my mind as I read
the character descriptions. Honestly, the way I think, in of myself, is much like a program.
I get input, process it, and come out with output that you would never have seen coming.
It's just like having a protected method in C#. You have NO idea what's there...but something
is...and it's promising you cake...tasty, tasty, cake. (I'm also just not that great at quantifying
all my thoughts on a matter)

And I'd honestly LOVE another writer! That'd just be fan-flippin-tastic. I had one support with me,
but he bailed out of nowhere. So...

But thank you for your interest none the less! It definitely helps keep me on par knowing there's
some people interested.

And my notes are back up, thankfully. Now I don't have to be sad! WOO!

"I know I am a scout,

Interitum

#6 Post by Interitum »

Happy April Fools.
My PSU is dead.
And I don't have any other motherboards that support SATA drives.
Kill me.
This is why Mondays, April Fools, and I, should never be in the same place.

"I know I am a scout,