Ichigo! VN [Otome/School life/GxB] Updated 08/02

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
yuiare
Regular
Projects: Ichigo

Ichigo! VN [Otome/School life/GxB] Updated 08/02

#1 Post by yuiare »

UPDATES

08/02/15: Little update on what's been going on in the 5th page. Thank you for the support!

05/02/14: New update post on our tumblr blog!

04/27/14: Read latest post on page 4 for the newest update.

01/31/14: I've been m.i.a for a while, but I've made great progress with the CGs! I also changed blogs, you can now find the game's updates here.
/The character profiles do not work as they are not fully coded yet./

SUMMARY
Ichigo is just an average, teenage girl who has always lived in a very small town. She has always disliked the name that her weird parents gave her and to make matters even worse, Ichigo is actually allergic to strawberries! Being teased about it by boys ever since she was a little kid, she’s never had much luck when it came to love. Now Ichigo’s in her first year of high school and wants a real man in her life. She already has her eyes set on 3 particular guys. Now all Ichigo has to do is just pick one to go after, right? Wrong! Nothing could be worse than dating your best friend’s ex, or perhaps dating the boy your best friend is currently in love with? Or maybe, to go even further into the subject of “worse”, dating the guy whom the entire female student body at your school have been drooling over.

It is up to you to decide Ichigo's fate, so, who will you choose?

INFO.
Artists: Listed in the credits below.
Script writer: yuiare
Programmer: yuiare
Co-programmer: wyverngem
Music: Various artists/composers
Genre(s): Drama/Comedy/Romance, slight angst
Estimated release: TBA

PROGRESS
Script: (Split into 3 parts)
Humorous Heroine route + the 3 routes of the guys: 90% --- This story line will be released in the demo!
Angelic Heroine route + the 3 routes of the guys: 30%
Rebel Heroine route + the 3 routes of the guys: 80%
Programming: 90%
Sprites: 100%
Background CGs: 100%
CG art: 70%
Music/sound effects: 100%

Thank you to those who contributed to all the freebie art and music!

FEATURES
• You have the option of choosing Ichigo's personality.
• Custom drawn event CGs
• 3 different heroine personality type endings per guy (9) + 1 Naomi ending (Friendship ending) + 3 possible bad endings = 13 total endings
• Player will be able to send/receive texts to and from the guys
• At the moment there's 50,000+ words at 70%
• Ichigo is 100% free/non-commercial
• Originally customized menus/gui

FEMALE CHARACTERS~

Ichigo: The heroine (You)
Depending on your choices throughout the game, you are able to slowly build up Ichigo's personality to either be the classic "Angelic" heroine, the "Badass/Rebel" heroine or even the "Humorous/Laid-back" heroine! It is completely up to you to decide how the heroine's personality will be like. The personality quiz that takes place at gamestart changes the scenarios and options of the choices you will have, but that does not mean Ichigo's personality development will end there, even after the quiz you will continue to develop it as the story advances via choices.

Naomi: The heroine's popular and outgoing best friend since childhood.
Like Daichi and Kazuo, Naomi has always been by Ichigo's side and has always supported Ichigo in all of her life decisions - except for the one she's about to make about love! Popular among the boys, she can be pretty fake and arrogant around those she does not trust/like but can be a good, protective friend when she needs to be - although let's just say love isn't exactly the topic you'd want to ask her advice about~ Will you date her ex, romance the man she's been in love with ever since she was a little girl or stick by her side though thick and thin?

OBTAINABLE CHARACTERS

Daichi: The heroine's assh*le childhood friend
Foul-mouthed and a little too much to handle, he is the closest "thing" Ichigo has had to having a boyfriend (Much to her dismay). Not counting those ugly personality traits, Daichi can be caring and always puts those he cares about first...or does he? He is surely someone you can rely on when you're having a very bad day :) or maybe he's just the damn worst? Can your feelings reach his black-clouded heart? He is Naomi's current crush, so his route is a bit rival-ish!

Kazuo: The heroine's slut*y childhood friend / Naomi's ex.
Kazuo had his way with women at Akihiko High, that is, until Hiroki decided to transfer into their grade from the overseas. Poor Kazuo can't help but see Hiroki as a possible threat and enemy as he is always up to any challenge Hiroki has to offer. At first glance, Kazuo seems like a total womanizer, but look a bit closer and maybe you'll be able to see something completely different. Kazuo's route is at first a bit of a love 'rectangle' involving both Hiroki and Naomi, but things smooth out later on in his story. Since he has a bit of history with Naomi, be prepared for some major angst-y moments.

Hiroki: The heroine's school "Prince."
Recently transferred from the overseas, it didn't take long for the young, good-looking Hiroki to became known among his peers as Akihiko High's new school prince. With his godly good looks, major brains, and, oh, let's not forget that flirty but snarky little attitude of his, is their anything he can't do?

CREDITS
• All sprites © to http://tokudaya.net/index.html
• CG art by me / all character designs © to http://tokudaya.net/index.html
• All BG art © to k-after / http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~gakai/
All textures/stock images used in the menus/CGs will be listed in the credits at the end of the game!

OTHER (Feedback?)
Please feel free to leave me all the feedback/critic you can think of! Both harsh and good criticism are greatly appreciated T_T
It helps to know what the likely audience expects/wants or does not want from this game. Thank you!

I'll keep updating the files with game menu snapshots & whatnot further on so stayed tuned :)
Attachments
Ichigo's cellphone opened in a different color/skin with a random hand which is not drawn by me(!) Cellphone skin will vary on your personality.
Ichigo's cellphone opened in a different color/skin with a random hand which is not drawn by me(!) Cellphone skin will vary on your personality.
The 'LOAD' screen.<br />(Fyi the save screen is the same.)
The 'LOAD' screen.
(Fyi the save screen is the same.)
Ichigo's phone~ you'll be able to send/receive texts from the guys, Naomi and even respond to them.<br /><br />Texts count as a relationship booster!
Ichigo's phone~ you'll be able to send/receive texts from the guys, Naomi and even respond to them.

Texts count as a relationship booster!
Random annoyed Kazuo scene? <br />Guess what personality type storyline this is from?<br />&amp; I don't know why I'm choosing all the scenes where the guys are mad xD<br />-Changed the click to continue icon
Random annoyed Kazuo scene?
Guess what personality type storyline this is from?
& I don't know why I'm choosing all the scenes where the guys are mad xD
-Changed the click to continue icon
Snapshot of part of the video intro! My translation is probably wrong lol
Snapshot of part of the video intro! My translation is probably wrong lol
Finally got to upload something of Daichi's! This is part of the prologue by the way~
Finally got to upload something of Daichi's! This is part of the prologue by the way~
I'm not much of a gui-menu artist, but I tried!
I'm not much of a gui-menu artist, but I tried!
Last edited by yuiare on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:46 am, edited 51 times in total.

DestinyFailsUs
Regular
Completed: Destiny Fails Us: A New Life, Make It Last
Projects: Destiny Fails Us: A New Life, Make It Last
Organization: Strawberry Dagger Studio
Tumblr: DestinyFailsUs
Deviantart: DestinyFailsUs
itch: Sbds

Re: Ichigo! VN [Otome/GxB]

#2 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

This looks really good! :D I'm going to keep an eye on this thread!

yuiare
Regular

Re: Ichigo! VN [Otome/GxB]

#3 Post by yuiare »

Thankyou! :) I hope I didn't go overboard with my post haha

Incognito
Regular
Projects: System of Paradise
Organization: Team Chimera

Re: Ichigo! VN [Otome/School life/GxB]

#4 Post by Incognito »

The art direction is great and the characters look original, I'll definitely keep an eye on this VN.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#5 Post by Googaboga »

The art is beautiful and overall it sounds like a lot of fun ^^. I do have a question though, does the strawberry/name thing get mentioned in the game itself? In the summary it says the MC doesn't like her name and gets picked on for it but since you can rename the MC that wouldn't really work anymore if I named her anything other than Ichigo or some other strawberry related name. So I am just a bit unsure as to how that would still be implemented in the game.

Anyways I wish you luck in finishing this. It seems really cute and I like that there is a friendship option :>.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

yuiare
Regular

#6 Post by yuiare »

@Incognito: Thanks so much! :)

@Googaboga: I somehow overlooked that fact, never even thought about it for a second haha but thanks for letting me know! I'm thinking of taking it down now and maybe just giving the players the option of choosing her last name instead? I'm not sure, but considering Ichigo's name and her allergy to strawberries play a huge role in the story, I'm gonna have to.
It's not that hard to fix though & thanks, I'm glad you like it! c:
Last edited by yuiare on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#7 Post by Googaboga »

I think letting the players choose her last name is a good idea. If you want her first name to be important to the game it is perfectly fine to keep it set.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by gekiganwing »

yuiare wrote: SUMMARY
I suck at summaries so please excuse my terrible summary in advance (✿◠‿◠)
It's probably best to avoid using the phrase "I suck at summaries." Why? Well, an infamous time-draining website has some harsh things to say about it: "Most online works described in this fashion, needless to say, aren't very good. Furthermore, such stories usually die long before they are completed, due to the author giving up from lack of feedback... Neither is surprising: if the author lacks the skill and dedication to write a proper summary, why should the story itself fare any better?"

EchoLove
Regular

#9 Post by EchoLove »

The art is so amazing here and I really like the story. Reallyexcited for this one :D

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#10 Post by LVUER »

Just curious if the name Ichigo and her strawberry allergy will have something to do in the story. A REAL MAN? Man, reading that makes me think Ichigo want some older, experienced men ;P
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

yuiare
Regular

#11 Post by yuiare »

@gekianwing: Ah you have a good point there, but it's not like I didn't try my best at the summary or on the entire game either. I simply meant that when I'm usually writing summaries, I either write one too long or I fail to get to the main point of the story fast enough to grab the reader's interest/attention. Anyway I hope I didn't give off the impression that I was lacking dedication to the game, because that certainly wasn't my intention, but thank you for your feedback!

@EchoLove: Thanks!

@LVUER: Now that you mention it sorta does xD & yes it'll be important for certain events/choices the player will make in the story and in order to unlock one CG in particular.

TheOneTwo
Regular

#12 Post by TheOneTwo »

Everything looks stunning. When I first saw the title, I thought this would be a fan fiction about Ichigo from Bleach. -__-' I'm really crazy.

Well, anyways, is this commercial?
Bish please, I'm fab.

yuiare
Regular

#13 Post by yuiare »

@TheOneTwo: Haha thanks & I saw this coming ever since I chose the title,
I mean I would've thought the same thing just by just reading it xD & no it's non-commercial/free :D

TheOneTwo
Regular

#14 Post by TheOneTwo »

yuiare wrote:@TheOneTwo: Haha thanks & I saw this coming ever since I chose the title,
I mean I would've thought the same thing just by just reading it xD & no it's non-commercial/free :D
Hahaha! Then I'm not the only one! :'3
So it's free? Wooooow, that'd be awesoooome! :)
PS: At first I thought you were the one one who drew the characters. -__- Well, that's what I get for not reading. *facepalm*
Bish please, I'm fab.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: Ichigo! VN [Otome/School life/GxB] Updated 03/26

#15 Post by Ran08 »

The art is simply stunning! Awww, they're so gorgeous! :") I like Kazuo the most, but Daichi is the most appealing to me. Still, I'm going for Kazuo! :") Goodluck on this! I'm quite excited to play this! :)