Ichigo! VN [Otome/School life/GxB] Updated 08/02

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
yuiare
Regular
Projects: Ichigo

Re: Ichigo! VN [Otome/School life/GxB] Updated 03/26

#16 Post by yuiare »

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I'll be uploading more preview stuff about the other characters soon! :)

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#17 Post by Blane Doyle »

There are two things that caught my attention for this:
1) Tokudaya art that isn't the normal designs. I know that they have a few designs hat many people enjoy using, so seeing different character designs being used makes me happy.

2) The use of a personality quiz. Now, I may be wrong... but I don't think I have been that used in any other games from here. I want to see how this is going to be used, what the base personalities from it will be like, and overall just what kind of impact having a heroine with three possible personalities may have on the story and character interactions.

Looking forward to seeing where this one goes now.

yuiare
Regular

#18 Post by yuiare »

@Blane Doyle: One, it affects who you're most compatible with, but it doesn't mean just because you're more compatible with this guy that you won't be able to get that other guy's ending. Also based on your personality quiz results, the options you are given in menus will change. Like for example if you were to get the classic angelic heroine, then your options would obviously not be as selfish as the options you'd get in a menu if you were a badass heroine. Overall it changes your actions/events, which is why I'm considering adding more endings/ 1 more per each personality so that'd be three more endings to the original 7? But that means I'd have to add more CGs to go along with the storylines. I don't know yet, it's up to how long all the programming will take me! I included a preview of the quiz at the end.

& if anyone's wondering what my art looks like here's something I TRIED to draw quickly just now -.-
(Click)

I'll post a sample CG fully colored/shaded soon when I get the chance! I guess I'll include all this in the next post update;
Attachments
Here's a preview of the personality quiz at the game start:
Here's a preview of the personality quiz at the game start:
Last edited by yuiare on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShippoK
Veteran
Projects: Eyes of Gold (In-Progress)
Organization: (Red Moon)

#19 Post by ShippoK »

Hm... If we can change Ichigo's personality by are choices, then I believe there should be more options in the questions for us to choose.

How about...
"Are you the type of person to voice out their opinion no matter what?"
['Yes'] points into being a Stuck-up type (Tsudere)
['No'] points into being a Shy type
['Depends'] points being a Normal type
['No Opinion'] points being a Rebellious type
['...'] Points being a Silent type
[Believe it!] points being a Snarky/Outgoing type

Though, it's all based on what personality type's that will be inserted in the game. A Rebellious gal would be nice to have (Wink, wink)

I also think you do pretty good drawings, ever thought of just re-drawing the characters in your style?
That'll be pretty cool to see. 8)
Much Appreciated for those who took the Survey!

Image Image
Eyes of Gold [BL (Suspense) (+18)] IN-PROGRESS
Alternate Online [(Friendship) (+10)] ON-HOLD
DeviantART• •[Honest critique] - 'Honesty is its own reward.'

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#20 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I really like that idea! It sounds like a lot of work but when you pull it off it will be a very nice addition. It also helps replay value because by changing you're heroine's personality you can have different interactions with the characters ^^
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

yuiare
Regular

#21 Post by yuiare »

@ShippoK: I like your idea! Can I use it? I was actually thinking of expanding the personality types even further in the quiz, but that would mean so much more programming for me >___<
Still, adding more personality types would be awesome. I'd need more ideas/suggestions for their scenarios and events though. I'll wait until I finish the first three personality types & their storylines/endings until I decide to add any more others. I think the badass heroine falls into the rebellious category by the way (; And thankyou! I just wanted to have good art quality in the game so that's why I hesitated on using my own u.u
I might draw my own characters in the future if I decide to do another VN, it'd be really fun.

@Hazel-Bun: That's exactly what I was aiming for! I wanted to give the player a chance to be able to interact differently with every character based on Ichigo's personality, give each player more freedom with their choices/decisions in the game. It will be a lot of work unfortunately, but I'll probably end up doing it anyways :D

Roseus Mirabili
Regular

#22 Post by Roseus Mirabili »

I like what you've done so far with the game and the art is cute. I'm also looking forward to just what kind of responses the personalities will have depending on what boy the main character is speaking to....As a matter of fact, I'll be really looking forward to how the main character will deal with the best friend if Ichigo has a badass personality lol

ShippoK
Veteran
Projects: Eyes of Gold (In-Progress)
Organization: (Red Moon)

#23 Post by ShippoK »

yuiare wrote:@ShippoK: I like your idea! Can I use it? I was actually thinking of expanding the personality types even further in the quiz, but that would mean so much more programming for me
Of course! Just sign this long copyright notice and send a small donation of 10 dollars to-

Oh, I'm pulling your leg, of course you can use it, free as charge. 8)
yuiare wrote: Still, adding more personality types would be awesome. I'd need more ideas/suggestions for their scenarios and events though. I'll wait until I finish the first three personality types & their storylines/endings until I decide to add any more others. I think the badass heroine falls into the rebellious category by the way (; And thankyou!
No problem, I always find myself suggestion cool ideas for Otome's.
It's Quite strange sense I'm not a big fan of Otome games at all, yet I don't hesitate to give out neat ideas to people who are making them. :wink:
yuiare wrote: I just wanted to have good art quality in the game so that's why I hesitated on using my own u.u
I might draw my own characters in the future if I decide to do another VN, it'd be really fun.
It's all up to you, really. I say: "any art is good art, as long as you put a lot of your effort into the piece."
Don't hesitate about the quality so much.
Remember, having something look good 'doesn't always' mean it'll be good.
(Saying no offense on your novel here, it's just a saying I had lying around in my noggin')
Much Appreciated for those who took the Survey!

Image Image
Eyes of Gold [BL (Suspense) (+18)] IN-PROGRESS
Alternate Online [(Friendship) (+10)] ON-HOLD
DeviantART• •[Honest critique] - 'Honesty is its own reward.'

inhalance
Regular
Projects: Seasonal Melody ♬

Re: Ichigo! VN [Otome/School life/GxB] Updated 03/28

#24 Post by inhalance »

This looks interesting. I like the art as well! Will be keeping an eye on this thread :)
Offering proofreading help and writing assets.

Current WIP:

Devil's Truth
Projects: Sky Love
Organization: Celestial Nighte

#25 Post by Devil's Truth »

Wow. This is amazing. *Drool* I have to go for Daichi. Good luck :) I'll be looking forward to this!
My signature...
Let's see. I'm Devil's Truth from Celestial Nighte. I am awesome. Mwahahaha~ Just kidding :)
Okay, Celestial Nighte is a one woman production, and it's current project is:
Mythical Fantasy/GxB/Otome Romance/School Life
OMG I made it a link!! *Cheer*

Pyun~
Regular

#26 Post by Pyun~ »

I love the art. I can proof read if you want ^^. And 1 question, is it free? I'm just wondering. :P

TheOneTwo
Regular

#27 Post by TheOneTwo »

@yuiare:
Heyyo! I just wanna say that... Can you make a walkthrough if the game is already done? All the characters looks so effin awesome and I want to go for each one of them. :mrgreen: And a walkthrough would really help. :'3
Bish please, I'm fab.

blahblah0625
Regular

#28 Post by blahblah0625 »

Hopefully you'll post the recruitment thread soon! I would love to see what is required and if I have time!
Screams and yells for bishies

yuiare
Regular

#29 Post by yuiare »

@Roseus Mirabili @ShippoK @inhalence @Devil's Truth: Thanks guys for the wonderful feedback \(*T▽T*)/

@Pyun~: It's non-commericial/free & yes that would be amazing, I'll be posting a thread about it soon if you're still interested to check it out!

@TheOneTwo: Yeah of course! I'll try to make it spoiler free since there'll be a few more different endings to each guy now due to the new personality types added.

@blahblah0625: Thanks that would be great! I'll post the link in the "updates" once I do~

mini update
Also you'll be able to receive texts from the guys/ send them one according to what the options will let you text him, I finished programming it yesterday xD

I'll post a preview of your "cellphone" during gameplay soon :)

ixWishing
Veteran

#30 Post by ixWishing »

Asdfghjkl.
The screenshot of Daichi, omg LOL.
Ichigo is so entitled to be able to use you as a pillow, haha.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this! Good luck~
- Everlasting Dreams ;