Mind Cross [One Choice] [Philisophical] [Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Shoko
Regular
Soundcloud: shokomusic

Mind Cross [One Choice] [Philisophical] [Demo]

#1 Post by Shoko »

---
As a harsh storm buffets the docks of Arcford Isle, new police officer in training Viz searches the area for anyone not in a shelter. Lost in a myriad of dark thoughts, he chances upon two mysterious people talking in the rain, each exuding a peculiar energy. Thus, Viz passes the threshold into engaging with one of them in what can only be called a Mind Cross...
--
Characters:

A mysterious man who rarely speaks and seems to know massive amounts of information. Masked behind a
mask seemingly devoid of all emotion, he believes he is alive for a purpose that must be completed at all costs.

A wanderer who is often loud, boisterous, and excitable about even in the most mundane of situation. He treasures life dearly and believes it should never be treated lightly.

The newbie police officer who is assigned to search Arcford's docks the night of a deadly night storm. His lack of confidence and self worth often cause him to drift through life with a bitter apathy.
--
Screenshots:

--
Features:

-100% original art, music, story, and writing by me!

-Two paths that explore different sides of the protagonist depending on whom he's with!

- Short and sweet!

Author's Note + Progress:

Hello! This is my first visual I'm making, and it's been in production for quite a while, mostly due to procrastination. I have a big visual novel I want to make, but I decided to take the advice of many game-makers and create a smaller game first to get my feet wet in the process.

It's been quite interesting, as through this process I've learned a lot about how different visual novels are and how one creates them. However, Mind Cross has been a sitting project for a bit too long now: I've made a topic here and posted a deadline in order to finally finish it, and perhaps get a little excited knowing other people know about this deadline I'm making.

Basically, I've decided to release the game on April 10th. So I'll be posting any updates I make on the production of MC, to record my progress and remind myself the deadline has some degree of pressure. So, if you're reading this, thanks!

I've got a demo below, so please tell me what you think about it, liked or disliked, ect, and I'll be sure to take it into consideration for the rest of the game. :)

--

Current Status:
Backgrounds: 20%
Sprites: 60%
CGs: 20%
Writing: 20%
Music: 100%

--

Demo

Download Windows, Mac, and Linux demos from my website here!

Just scroll to the bottom of the page under the heading "Demo."

Delta m.m
Regular

Nice work...

#2 Post by Delta m.m »

Nice work shoko
I played the demo, and I really wanted to know what those two guys where talking about, they look like fire and water with inverted colors :)
I've seen the potential since the beginning, when Viz started talking about the purpose of life...
the construction of the dialoged and the background sounds in the scenario made me feel the cold of the rainstorm from the warmth of my room.
*I liked that "Man" driving the car*
it's funny how PSI was resting his leg on raze's trousers with all the mud around, raze is really very patient.

Without my protection you're as good as dead...
really?
the "yellow" guy (raze) was talking about "average humans", those two looked like super human beings!
what I think is that this is good if they are really some super natural beings, like in mythical stories...
but, if those guys are just normal humans, I think (these are my thoughts, not the ultimate truth:) they should act a bit more like humans.
a philosophical debate -in my opinion- can be more interesting if the people debating are just like us, nothing but humans, that will get the reader more involved than a debate between some mythical gods or something, but it's interesting never the less ... ( again it just my opinion in general, and every case my be different)
anyway keep up the good work, this game looks really interesting , by the way making a plan and putting a deadline for your work will significantly improve productivity, as you may have already noticed, so a piece of advice, always do this with all of you projects.
sorry for my English, it's not my first language...