Chaosis (Heavy romance, High Fantasy, unique storyline)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Chaosis

Chaosis (Heavy romance, High Fantasy, unique storyline)

#1 Post by Chaosis »

I am in the end stages of completing a game called chaosis, it is actually a fully formed competitive downloadable game based on pokemon battle mechanics - IMPROVED battle mechanics. Effectively if you like pokemon games, we've made one 100 times better. It has all the moves/abilities/ items/ of pokemon and is heavily about the pokemon combative system. We are, however, adding a VN portion to the game as a 'mini' game that isn't so mini. The game will have many such mini games that are in and of themselves exquisitely crafted individual games that will help flesh out the storyline of the game universe as a whole.

I was wondering if anyone wants to help out with the project so we can cut down on costs. The game will be free to play and we will be using ad revenue to support tournament prizes (cash, rewards, gift certificates).

The VN portion will be heavily romance based with 'mini' games of infiltrating enemy castles / domains, along with many more options. Basically, we are trying to do alot of things, but do them right, and do them for free for all to play. This game is not a pay-to-play and infact you cannot buy anything to give yourself an upper hand in the game.

While the main meat of the game is near fully developed, the VN section is much more a thought backed up with strong idea's and completed art.

I figured it be best to start here for helping - mostly writers (more writers would be more depth as I and my other writers can only do so much) , programmers, additional artists never hurt anybody, and players.... my god do we need players for alpha. Nothing gets released until people are thrilled with the outcome of the final product.

What we have? Complete soundtrack (8bit, classical, and themed music) - complete art - complete game as a whole.

Storyline:
You can play from 6 different characters - 3 male, 3 female. Each on their own journey to survive in this wartorn, reality breaking realm. You will be able to choose classes and have a somewhat intricate backstory that has a ripple effect on the game play and story situations. The storyline would be friendly for gays, lesbians, and straight people. Multiple love interests including but not limited to the princess, the prince, Neforia - a wicked necromancer who can be turned to the side of good, or absolute evil .... .... maybe. While romance is a heavy theme in the game (and tragedy... I will be desperately trying to emulate aeriths death and the depression that followed me for weeks after that), you will also feel accomplishment in defeating or defending the realm as a whole.

A final product won't be released for another 3 months - but we will be running a kickstarter in the next month to gain assets to be able to help programming costs and only programming / gaming costs. Some stuff I've been able to get done for free with the help of my vast, talented, thrilled team, but other things cost an arm and leg.

Does this sound like something you'd be interested in as a player or helper?

comment down below or email me at chaosisgame@gmail.com
Attachments
in_the_darkness_by_xeyharpyie-d37n9r6.jpg
naga_commission_by_paulabrams-d3an6vo.jpg

DamedeLotus

Re: Chaosis (Heavy romance, High Fantasy, unique storyline)

#2 Post by DamedeLotus »

This sounds like it will be a fantastic game! I can't believe it's going to be free; it sounds like you have been putting an immense amount of work into the creation of this game.

I wish I could help, but I'm in high school and I don't have any money. D: I will definitely play this game when it is released though. I hope you find all the help you need! :)

Roseus Mirabili
Regular

#3 Post by Roseus Mirabili »

I agree with the comment above mine. I may not be able to help out much, but I will say that I'm quite interested in how your game will turn out, so I'll be keeping an eye on this ^^

Chaosis

#4 Post by Chaosis »

Our major problem is community - im sure we can make our money goal... hopefully. Thanks for the voices support - truly that is worth more than money

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by gekiganwing »

Do you have sample graphics or videos of your gameplay? I'd like to know more about how it will work.

Before you start recruiting people to help, take some time to read the Suggestions thread about the topic.
Chaosis wrote:The game will be free to play and we will be using ad revenue to support tournament prizes (cash, rewards, gift certificates). ... This game is not a pay-to-play and infact you cannot buy anything to give yourself an upper hand in the game.
There are some indie creators on this forum who make pay-to-download offline games, and a few whose games are sold through independent services such as Desura. They probably have some opinions on free-to-play and its potential. I remember someone here on LSF talking about making a free-to-play game, but I don't recall if anyone here has finished one.
Chaosis wrote:While romance is a heavy theme in the game (and tragedy... I will be desperately trying to emulate aeriths death and the depression that followed me for weeks after that), you will also feel accomplishment in defeating or defending the realm as a whole.
Don't let your game's scope grow too large. Focus on the most important story and gameplay first. Anything else can wait until the main part is done. I can't prove it, but I think that one of the reasons why a lot of freeware games and VNs end up unfinished is because the creator(s) had lofty goals but not enough time and dedication. Don't underestimate the effort it takes just to finish and release a small-scale game.

Also, even though I kinda liked FF7 back in the late 1990s, I still say things like "Where were you when I was playing Phantasy Star 2?" Yeah, that's the second "cranky old man" style video game reference I've made just today... :D

Bellalea

#6 Post by Bellalea »

This game sounds very interesting, and I'll definitely keep checking up on this thread for updates (:

lilyrose
Regular

#7 Post by lilyrose »

Hmmmmm heavy romance caught my attention and free to play? priceless (no pun intended.........maybe ;p) overall this looks really good but just like DamedeLotus I'm a broke high school student and the most you could expect from me is to play the game and give feedback (if you want it ;p) but just like gekiganwing said just not to include TOO MUCH but overall, it looks great :)
~ You know I used to be able to leap tall buildings using a jetpack? Then I got shot in the leg with an arrow T.T ~

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#8 Post by ririruetoo »

Are you thinking of releasing demo so people will have an idea before they donate money?
ImageImageImage