The Morpheandir Tales [Demo!, GxB, Mystery, Fantasy, School]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: The Morpheandir Tales [GxB, Mystery, Fantasy, School]

#16 Post by azureXtwilight »

Currently working on vincent. He has so many pose combination! But I'll let you have a peek~
ScreenShot061.jpg

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#17 Post by azureXtwilight »

Updating with sprites!

Vincent:

Rose:

Sora-Kuroi
Regular

#18 Post by Sora-Kuroi »

This games looks so good! *--* ♥

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#19 Post by azureXtwilight »

Heya, adding one more dateable character to the art list. I hope you'll all get so excited. :wink: Anyways, here is Lance!

blahblah0625
Regular

#20 Post by blahblah0625 »

I'm so going to play this :) The plot looks very interesting and the art (character sprites and background) looks beautiful!
Screams and yells for bishies

ariana.ravensford
Regular
Projects: Morpheandir Tales

#21 Post by ariana.ravensford »

Thank you! Azure's been working really hard, and I've been trying to hit my goal of 75% plot coded by next weekend. :) We're planning on releasing a demo soon that contains the introduction/first chapter, so I hope you'll take the time to play that when it's done.

Was what I had posted for the information on the game clear enough? I'm still kind of worried that it's a bit confusing...
Current Project~
The Morpheandir Tales: Tome of the Lost
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=20262
Please come take a look and provide feedback, especially on the questions I pose, since this is the first game I'm making!

ixWishing
Veteran

#22 Post by ixWishing »

Interesting plot!
And I loveeeeee the GUI! Butterflies, heh ♥
- Everlasting Dreams ;

ariana.ravensford
Regular

#23 Post by ariana.ravensford »

I thought it fit well since in a lot of cultures, butterflies are the symbols of dreams or sleeping. :) I'm glad you like the plot!

I have a few new screenshots as well, so here they are:
screenshot5.PNG
screenshot6.PNG
screenshot7.PNG
Current Project~
Please come take a look and provide feedback, especially on the questions I pose, since this is the first game I'm making!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#24 Post by azureXtwilight »

And here I am bearing a new sprite :

Kessie
Regular

Re: The Morpheandir Tales [Demo!, GxB, Mystery, Fantasy, Sch

#25 Post by Kessie »

Hiya, just played the demo. :D
The dream realm aspect of the story reminds me of the movie Inception especially in regards to a “dream within a dream”.
I loved Inception so I was naturally drawn to the written plot as I think that setting isn't explored enough when really, it is a pretty endless vacuum of imagination when it comes to story-telling. Glad to see this incorporated in a visual novel! That's one of the things that make it appear really interesting to me.

As for anything I didn't like?
Well, I found it a little distracting having the main player's name appear at the bottom in contrast to when interacting with other characters but I think that's just due to it being a little different to what I am accustomed to.
I also felt pretty rushed into the story but I figure that it's just because this is a demo. ^^ It was pretty overwhelming meeting all the characters so quickly, but I guess in a new school setting that could be considered realistic as the protagonist is overwhelmed with familiar and new faces. I honestly wouldn't know as I haven't had an experience like that myself!

Overall, I am looking forward to this.
All the best to the hard-working team :D.

NB: So far my favourite characters are Lance and the Mystery Girl that appears at the end :P

ariana.ravensford
Regular

#26 Post by ariana.ravensford »

I've actually never seen Inception, to tell you the truth. I hadn't even heard of it until last week when one of my beta testers brought that up.

Honestly, the name appearing at the bottom is more because I didn't like the way it looked hovering over the top next to Mika's ponytail and so I just needed someplace to make it more unobtrusive. If a lot of people start commenting the same though, I'll change it to somewhere else.

It's also chapter 1, which pretty much sets everything up... once 2 hits, everything really slows down, or at least that's what I feel when I run through it to make sure that everything's working. But then again, we leave off with her in Morpheandir, which is more calming since it's in a dream rather than in the real world where everything's hectic. Yeah, I took the overwhelming aspect from my own experiences in dealing with moving to a new school. I hope it doesn't make it too confusing though. Again, once 2 hits, everything slows down and it's easier to see/meet the characters in a more leisurely fashion. It's really the rush of the first day. XD

I'm looking forward to working with all the voice actors that are starting to join!

I could say something in regards to your two favorite characters, but that would be spoilers.
Current Project~

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#27 Post by Anne »

You could move the namebox to the right, so it won't interfere with her hair and still stays in the same place, because it is a bit distracting as it is (not a big problem though)
Vince's eyes are closed almost all the time (maybe he can at least first appear with his eyes open and close them later on?)
And I disliked the backgrounds. sorry.

The demo would probably seem more interesting to me if I got to know more of Morpheandir, because meeting guys is like.. normal?

ariana.ravensford
Regular

#28 Post by ariana.ravensford »

Tried that already. It looks really obtrusive and worse than it does right now. But I suppose that's a personal preference.

That's just how the azureXtwilight made the sprites for the characters. I don't really see him as the type in the beginning that would have his eyes open much anyways.

Again, it's a personal preference. At least you're honest about it.

Key word: demo. I can't really spoil a lot of things about Morpheandir just yet because it's part of the intrigue. For me to start out the way it is feels more natural, at least in my mind. I'm sorry to hear that you don't really seem to care for my groups work at all, but again, it's a personal preference, so I understand. Thanks for at least giving it a shot.
Current Project~

ixWishing
Veteran

#29 Post by ixWishing »

Downloading the demo right now!
I wonder how far I'll get to play, lol ~
Congratz on the first demo of this vn, btw~
- Everlasting Dreams ;

ariana.ravensford
Regular

#30 Post by ariana.ravensford »

Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy what we have so far. :)
Current Project~