Susicivus Terrestria Incursio[VN/Scifi/fantasy/suspense]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
uglymod

Susicivus Terrestria Incursio[VN/Scifi/fantasy/suspense]

#1 Post by uglymod »

Hello everybody. My name Is Mike and I am with Temple-Cloverly Productions.

No relation to any like sounding production companies. I am here to introduce one of the most epic stories of all time and I would like YOU to be a part of it. Through the creation and polishing process we will be posting several things which we need opinions about. That is where YOU come in. As the player you know what expectations you have when playing a game and those expectations will help us improve our game. Progress will be reported limited information without revealing any spoilers.

Our production team has around a half a dozen people and we are still growing as we find talent that will introduce uniqueness and character of our game. As time goes on other members of our team will frequent this forum. Keep in mind we are working on the acquisition of a website which will include forums for our fans. Until then we will utilize this community since it appears to flourish with talented individuals.

The success of katawa shoujo led our team to a decision to utilize the FREE Ren’Py engine which happens to be one of the most easiest engines to use and one of the best for this type of game. First we would like to thank the PyTom for creating this amazing program which has produced some very successful games.

We feel it is very important to maintain the integrity of this project and we have a committed team. Because we are making quite a large project our ETA for a beta product looks like 9 months to a year. However, we will not force it within that time range so it may take a little longer or even be finished a little sooner. We want you the player to have a memorable experience. We have finished the brainstorming process and are focusing strictly on the game aspect now. We feel that setting a deadline gives some of our team members pressure which we alleviated by not setting a release date but more of an estimate.

This will be a FREE release with the option of donations upon beta announcement. Because we respect the creator of this wonderful engine a portion of any donations we receive when the game is released will go to the creator of the engine.
Let’s start with the title of the game: For now we are calling it S.T.I. The full name will be revealed in time. We wouldn’t want to give away too much now would we? :p

This game is a sci-fi/fantasy/suspense VN that will focus on peer relationships and real world obstacles such as making the right choice or making sacrifices. The general theme is an alien apocalypse takes place on a planet in a distant universe.

Right now we have several characters we are working on. To show a couple…. Keep in mind this is not the finished product. the quality will be much more prevalent.

Enlil, the methodical and mysterious. very little is known about him.

Zaralyn, the amnthromorphus lion. Our comical relief.

We would like to thank you all for showing interest in our project. Our hard efforts will be your reward and we can'tt wait to get this to you all. Questions and Comments are appreciated as well.
Last edited by uglymod on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: S.T.I. [VN/Scifi/fantasy/suspens]

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

If you're not ready to talk in details about plot and characters, no big deal. It can wait until you're sure about what you want to include and exclude.
uglymod wrote:I am here to introduce one of the most epic stories of all time and I would like YOU to be a part of it.
I admire people who are willing to take risks, try untested ideas, and tackle large projects. But at the same time, please remember that for every freeware visual novel that gets finished and released, there's probably six others that never got past the planning stages, and three others which released a demo and then stopped updating. Keep the following in mind:

* Have you worked on creative projects before? How about ones that are lengthy with many characters and a detailed setting? If you haven't made any large-scale creative works until now, then you may benefit by dividing STI into sections. In other words, think about getting one part of the story done, asking for feedback, and then moving on.
* Nine or twelve months is not a small amount of time. Anything can happen between then and now: computer crashes, relationship conflicts, natural disasters, job loss, sickness... Be prepared, because life happens, and Murphy's Law affects us all. Let us know how you plan to perservere through whatever might happen.
* Dealing with your team. Working with a group can sometimes be more difficult than working alone. How committed is everyone? How will you keep your team active? If one person leaves or gets angry, will you have to start from scratch?
* If you need help, be sure to ask.

uglymod

#3 Post by uglymod »

gekiganwing wrote:If you're not ready to talk in details about plot and characters, no big deal. It can wait until you're sure about what you want to include and exclude.
uglymod wrote:I am here to introduce one of the most epic stories of all time and I would like YOU to be a part of it.
I admire people who are willing to take risks, try untested ideas, and tackle large projects. But at the same time, please remember that for every freeware visual novel that gets finished and released, there's probably six others that never got past the planning stages, and three others which released a demo and then stopped updating. Keep the following in mind:

* Have you worked on creative projects before? How about ones that are lengthy with many characters and a detailed setting? If you haven't made any large-scale creative works until now, then you may benefit by dividing STI into sections. In other words, think about getting one part of the story done, asking for feedback, and then moving on.
* Nine or twelve months is not a small amount of time. Anything can happen between then and now: computer crashes, relationship conflicts, natural disasters, job loss, sickness... Be prepared, because life happens, and Murphy's Law affects us all. Let us know how you plan to perservere through whatever might happen.
* Dealing with your team. Working with a group can sometimes be more difficult than working alone. How committed is everyone? How will you keep your team active? If one person leaves or gets angry, will you have to start from scratch?
* If you need help, be sure to ask.
Thank you for taking your time to respond. There are some details that will be kept secret until release. However, this does not mean that we wont release anything at all. We are being cautious. We plan on releasing a large amount of lore. We feel the lore is just as important as the main story it self. It will also give the player the general feeling of the environment they will take part in.

Personally I have worked on creative projects in the past. My role then was a bit different. I've never taken the lead before now. I produce music and usually deal with sounds as well. We have a lot of talented people in our team that have all done projects in the past. One of our artists is currently working with publishing companies to get his manga released.

As far as if things could go wrong, there is always that chance it could go wrong. We are ready for those challenges. The people involved in this project know each other very well. We are all friends and have been for quite some time. When we come together the creative process happens organically.

Our members are committed and if life happens to one of them where they may need to step away for what ever reason we will be able to continue with this project. One deterrent that was used was not putting the pressure on any of our team members. Less pressure is less stress which makes it easier for all of us. This is not something we are going to scrap. We have already invested a great deal into this and walking away or giving up at this point is not an option. It's funny you mention computer failure. I have an example that is perfect for you. A couple of days ago my sound card went out. This put one of my responsibilities to a halt. That was quickly remedied by one of our team members who rushed to get another one. We do have several computers we are utilizing at this time.

I think this community will get a better idea of who we are and what we plan to accomplish in time as we release more information. Some of our team will also be actively participating in discussions here as well. We will have one of our artists on here so that they can directly update the community with their part in this project.

Thank you for your response

uglymod

#4 Post by uglymod »

Hello everybody, Mike here with an exclusive look at one of our OST songs.

Enjoy :)

https://soundcloud.com/s-t-i-vn/s-t-i-vn-dorm

uglymod

#5 Post by uglymod »

Here are some finished art pieces of a couple of our characters.

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#6 Post by Razz »

Just a word of warning S.T.I. is a synonym for STD, meaning sexually transmitted infection. I'm not sure if that was what you were going for but I think it might fend off a lot of interested people.

uglymod

#7 Post by uglymod »

Razz wrote:Just a word of warning S.T.I. is a synonym for STD, meaning sexually transmitted infection. I'm not sure if that was what you were going for but I think it might fend off a lot of interested people.

Hello, thank you for taking time in expressing interest in our title.

S.T.I. Is abbreviated. It stands for Susicivus Terrestria Incursio. It is latin for "Extra Terrestrial Invasion". If people's minds go to the std that is a bad coincidence. The title will remain this way since it is a direct approach at revealing the theme of our game.

While our game will focus on peer relationship aspects we will not have the adult theme of sexual encounters. We felt the development of sexual relations would take away the feel we want for this particular story. However, there will be other adult themes such as alcohol consumption and language.

uglymod

Re: Susicivus Terrestria Incursio[VN/Scifi/fantasy/suspense]

#8 Post by uglymod »

I'd like to give a brief update on this project. Our project is coming along but not as fast as we expected. This may push our release date a little back but we are doing this to maintain the integrity of the quality work we are doing. We all knew when we took on this project there could be some rough patches which we have experienced. This is ok since we know every project does not go perfectly during the development and finalizing process.

Here are some things to look forward to:

We have decided that in the start of the game the player will get to choose a male or female character. This choice will also lead to unique dialogue through out the story.

The lore of this universe will be very extensive. This is where most of our time is going right now. We are building a history worthy of remembering. This will include the solar system and creation theory. We will also include a somewhat brief history of the world you will be playing in to get a better understanding of your environment.

Recently we have encountered some things worth mentioning.

Hollywood has made a conflict within our story. I want to assure everyone that the ideas in this story are original. We noticed in recent films released in theaters have similar ideas and stories. We are not deriving our story from any known works. Everything is coincidental.

We have some finished art that I will be putting up shortly along with our title screen. I am debating whether to make a video so that YOU can see and hear what this story will be offering.

Please stay tuned :D and thank you for your support.