Jacob's Island - (Fantasy)(Adventure)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Geckos
Veteran
Completed: Brilliant Shadows, Perceptions of the Dead, The Phantom Icecream Truck
Projects: Embers of Magic, Pale Spectrum, Perceptions of the Dead
Organization: Ithaqua Labs
Tumblr: geckosart
Deviantart: sitaart

Re: Jacob's Island - (Otome, Fantasy, Adventure) Demo up!

#46 Post by Geckos »

Itwasneveradream wrote:
Geckos wrote:Another character that may make it into the game.
He looks rather sly :3
I'm interested to see what sort of personality the writer will give him. He may very well be sly!
Image ImageImage

Geckos
Veteran
Completed: Brilliant Shadows, Perceptions of the Dead, The Phantom Icecream Truck

#47 Post by Geckos »

Reworked Es' sprite since I've learned how to properly divide a sprite into many pieces.
She also got a new outfit. :3
Attachments
es_outfit2.jpg
Image ImageImage

Geckos
Veteran

#48 Post by Geckos »

Felt like practicing female stomachs a bit. Nerina is really the only gal of the group that would stand for wearing so little! Ah but she does love her water.
Attachments
nerina_pract1.jpg
Image ImageImage

aya001
Regular

Re: Jacob's Island - (Fantasy)(Adventure)(~Otome) Demo up!

#49 Post by aya001 »

Finished the demo and I only can say that I want MORE!!!!

I love the sprites they are so full of live and colourful. 10/10 for them, I love them all!!!! But my favorite is Zex, he is so... so XDDDDD I like him! XD

And the story is really really interesting and when I finished the demo I though "WHY!?" Oh! Cruel world.

So can't wait to see this game complete and enjoy all of it.

Geckos
Veteran

#50 Post by Geckos »

aya001 wrote:Finished the demo and I only can say that I want MORE!!!!

I love the sprites they are so full of live and colourful. 10/10 for them, I love them all!!!! But my favorite is Zex, he is so... so XDDDDD I like him! XD

And the story is really really interesting and when I finished the demo I though "WHY!?" Oh! Cruel world.

So can't wait to see this game complete and enjoy all of it.
Zex is definitely a loveable goofball.
Thanks for letting us know that you liked the demo!
I am quite looking forward to refining the CGs we have so far and working on the rest of the game.
Image ImageImage

Geckos
Veteran

#51 Post by Geckos »

A WIP scene with Eric and Kenna.
A could-happen but may not sort of scene I'm doing for fun.
Attachments
eric_tree_1.jpg
Image ImageImage

Sora-Kuroi
Regular

#52 Post by Sora-Kuroi »

Such an interesting visual novel! *--*! I really liked it! I hope you finish it soon! >< I can't wait to know the full story!

LliiraAnna
Regular

#53 Post by LliiraAnna »

Came back to say that this was probably the best VN (well, a demo) I've played lately. I liked everything: characters, the story, the art... Thank you for all your hard work, and good luck with finishing it))

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#54 Post by try10 »

I've just finished playing the demo. I never expected to like it so much. :D
The art is so unique that I've started to fall in love with it while reading. There are many mysteries surounding the main character and I'm very eager to play the full game to find out the truth. The characters are just too adorable. Each of them have a different personality so I can't pick a favourite one. The dialogue is very well written and there were some parts that made me laugh really loud ( it's 2 am here :oops: ). It would have been epic if the player had the option to choose between beeing a girl or a guy. I would have liked some BxB romance since I'm a yaoi lover and the boys are so cute. :oops:

I enjoyed the demo very much and I can't wait for the full version! :) Good luck!

Geckos
Veteran

#55 Post by Geckos »

Sora-Kuroi wrote:Such an interesting visual novel! *--*! I really liked it! I hope you finish it soon! >< I can't wait to know the full story!
Glad to hear it! :D
LliiraAnna wrote:Came back to say that this was probably the best VN (well, a demo) I've played lately. I liked everything: characters, the story, the art... Thank you for all your hard work, and good luck with finishing it))
Awesome! We are working on the trailer right now before we kickstart it, so hopefully it won't be too long until it's done!
try10 wrote:I've just finished playing the demo. I never expected to like it so much. :D
The art is so unique that I've started to fall in love with it while reading. There are many mysteries surounding the main character and I'm very eager to play the full game to find out the truth. The characters are just too adorable. Each of them have a different personality so I can't pick a favourite one. The dialogue is very well written and there were some parts that made me laugh really loud ( it's 2 am here :oops: ). It would have been epic if the player had the option to choose between beeing a girl or a guy. I would have liked some BxB romance since I'm a yaoi lover and the boys are so cute. :oops:

I enjoyed the demo very much and I can't wait for the full version! :) Good luck!
Hehe! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the game. Sorry there won't be any on screen bxb! Maybe next time.
Thanks!

Here's some silliness.
Attachments
eric_silly.jpg
Image ImageImage

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#56 Post by Snow Blossom »

New Eric looks adorable. He seems a lot more like a boyish youth made of sunshine >w<

Geckos
Veteran

#57 Post by Geckos »

Snow Blossom wrote:New Eric looks adorable. He seems a lot more like a boyish youth made of sunshine >w<
Sunshine and rainbows! ;D
Image ImageImage

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#58 Post by Didules »

I have to admit that before playing to the demo I wasn't that much interested in this VN. And I was wrong! Because I've played the demo. And then I've played to it again. And again. And again. And again. And again [...]. Okay, I love this game ^^
The demo was long enough for me to enjoy it, I loved every scene, every character, every music, every [...]. Even the main menu is awesome! I especially love the scenes with Es ^^ She's a great character, but Zex, Eric and Peter are also great, so is Nerina, and... Yeah, they are great, all of them. I really like the way it's written, we get into the story really quickly. The characters are really different from one to another, that's so great!! :) I mean, I was always surprised by their acts ^^
Kenna is a great MC, she is strong. Seriously, she is. And that's great ^o^ Thank you for not creating a shy and submissive MC, it would have been too boring, whereas here, she's just so awesome, I really love her!! Most of the time she acted like me in this kind of situations ^^
There are really varied atmospheres, between a "simple" academy atmosphere (as "simple" as a floating academy could be) and Kenna's dark memories.
Probably the best demo I've ever played. Seriously. Please give me more. ;)
Thank you for the demo, it made my day :D Good luck from now onwards, you have my support :)

Geckos
Veteran

#59 Post by Geckos »

Didules wrote:I have to admit that before playing to the demo I wasn't that much interested in this VN. And I was wrong! Because I've played the demo. And then I've played to it again. And again. And again. And again. And again [...]. Okay, I love this game ^^
The demo was long enough for me to enjoy it, I loved every scene, every character, every music, every [...]. Even the main menu is awesome! I especially love the scenes with Es ^^ She's a great character, but Zex, Eric and Peter are also great, so is Nerina, and... Yeah, they are great, all of them. I really like the way it's written, we get into the story really quickly. The characters are really different from one to another, that's so great!! :) I mean, I was always surprised by their acts ^^
Kenna is a great MC, she is strong. Seriously, she is. And that's great ^o^ Thank you for not creating a shy and submissive MC, it would have been too boring, whereas here, she's just so awesome, I really love her!! Most of the time she acted like me in this kind of situations ^^
There are really varied atmospheres, between a "simple" academy atmosphere (as "simple" as a floating academy could be) and Kenna's dark memories.
Probably the best demo I've ever played. Seriously. Please give me more. ;)
Thank you for the demo, it made my day :D Good luck from now onwards, you have my support :)
I'm glad the characters were able to win you over. I will be updating the demo fairly soon, with new art for a handful of things, as well as a trailer for the game.
Thank you for the support!

Here's some animated Galahad for fun.
Attachments
gal_anim.gif
Image ImageImage

Geckos
Veteran

#60 Post by Geckos »

Some water elemental concepts!
Attachments
water_elemental_4.jpg
Image ImageImage