Destiny Fails Us [Otome|Romance|Slice of Life] Oct. 7

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
DestinyFailsUs
Regular
Completed: Destiny Fails Us: A New Life, Make It Last
Projects: Destiny Fails Us: A New Life, Make It Last
Organization: Strawberry Dagger Studio
Tumblr: DestinyFailsUs
Deviantart: DestinyFailsUs
itch: Sbds

Re: Destiny Fails Us [GxB|Friendship|Dramedy] [Commercial]

#16 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

ShippoK wrote: But thats what the program was made for! I didn't think it was so forbidden by others you be threaten using such a thing.
It's like saying you should 'go die' if you use any of the filters Photoshop/gimp gives you.

I swear, some people. :?
I know. I had to close my account down at the time because it just got ridiculous.
ShippoK wrote: It shows, I've looked around your site and you put a lot of effort into the comics.
I end up having a smile on my face with some of the silly things happening in it.

The CG's you've posted really grab my attention as well, they actually CG's you see in a Visual Novel.
Aww, thank you! :D That just made my night.
ShippoK wrote: I don't mean any offense on the high school anime cliche comment I made, I'm quite a hypercritical person sense what I'm making also has such cliche in my NV. I actually never minded it to much and done right it can be quite fun to have around.
The only time I hate that cliche is when Aliens or Robots become involved and everything just gets so wonky to a point that I wonder why they still go to school with all these messed up stuff happening!?

So, pretty much almost every anime ever to exists with this turns me off. (Unless it's a parody or pure Comedy).
Oh, I didn't mean to sound offended by that! ^^; My bad.
I'm the same way! Haha :) I just can't sit through those types of shows. I've tried, but to no avail.
ShippoK wrote: But if you say it's based on real life situations then you just brought up my interest in this a little more. 8)
Yep. There's one particular event that I can't wait to finish because when it happened in real life... I didn't believe it actually worked. I felt like I was a part of an elaborate spy mission with my report card. Haha.
ShippoK wrote:
DestinyFailsUs wrote: Thanks :) I have confidence that I'll be able to handle it. I have most of the extras outlined out, and a plan of action for each feature. :D I'm doing most of the by myself, but my boyfriend is here to help me out when I need it. :)
No problemo! It's always nice to have back-up when working on such a big project like this.
It is nice. :D He keeps me grounded, and helps me make sure I don't plan anything that he knows I wouldn't be able to handle working on in this game.

Adoxographist
Regular

#17 Post by Adoxographist »

DestinyFailsUs wrote:Yeah, I wanted to wait on the forum post here until I was at a certain point :) I figured it was finally the right time. :D And I will be holding auditions for voice actors once I get a little farther along, so I'd be really happy if you'd try out! :D
I'll be sure to keep up with your thread then!

(Also, you and your boyfriend seem really cute. UVU AND IF YOU'RE DRAWING FROM REAL, this game seems like it'll be really sweet!)

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

#18 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

Adoxographist wrote: (Also, you and your boyfriend seem really cute. UVU AND IF YOU'RE DRAWING FROM REAL, this game seems like it'll be really sweet!)
Aw, thank you. :D He's actually my inspiration for the character, Vincent, as well.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Riviera »

Hi! I'm otome-emiko on tumblr.. loved seeing this post!

I've done a lot of proofreading/editing work, and a smidgeon of voice acting, so if you need help with either, I'll do whatever I can. If nothing else I can reblog all your stuff on tumblr!
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

omgitstay
Regular

#20 Post by omgitstay »

Omg! Is this game for real? I LOVE IT!! I will defiantly keep an eye on it!:)

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

#21 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

Riviera wrote:Hi! I'm otome-emiko on tumblr.. loved seeing this post!

I've done a lot of proofreading/editing work, and a smidgeon of voice acting, so if you need help with either, I'll do whatever I can. If nothing else I can reblog all your stuff on tumblr!
Hi! :D I might need help with both of those. I plan on holding auditions for voice acting at some point. And I'll keep you in mind when I need proofreaders as well! :D
omgitstay wrote:Omg! Is this game for real? I LOVE IT!! I will defiantly keep an eye on it!:)
Aw, thank you! :D

Roseus Mirabili
Regular

#22 Post by Roseus Mirabili »

Curses, its commercial, but the style and story make it worth while DX I'll be looking forward to your completed project and try my best to get it when I get the cash =w= I wish you the best of luck ^^

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

#23 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

Small Update:
I finished the swimsuit sprites, here's a quick preview for Brian's sprite. I'll post up more later!

--
Roseus Mirabili wrote:Curses, its commercial, but the style and story make it worth while DX I'll be looking forward to your completed project and try my best to get it when I get the cash =w= I wish you the best of luck ^^
I'm really happy to hear that you're looking forward to it! :D Thank you so much!

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

Re: Destiny Fails Us [GxB|Friendship|Dramedy] [Commercial] 4

#24 Post by Mimi_Melody »

OMG, he blinks? :shock:
Lol, the complicated relationships, first kiss, crush, dating Idril's bestfriend, being stalked by her best friend XD Sooo looking forward to it! So if we steal the guys away, they'll "burn our house" right? :mrgreen:
Oh, can you go after multiple guys and have them getting jealous of each other? :D

Roseus Mirabili
Regular

#25 Post by Roseus Mirabili »

Well the style of the characters is what really got me and one of the character really reminds me of someone close to me. That and Brian's little story has really peaked my interest so I MUST find out what happens in his route XO

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

#26 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

Mimi_Melody wrote:OMG, he blinks? :shock:
Yep, all of the characters will at least have animated blinking, and other possible animations as well :D
Mimi_Melody wrote:Lol, the complicated relationships, first kiss, crush, dating Idril's bestfriend, being stalked by her best friend XD Sooo looking forward to it! So if we steal the guys away, they'll "burn our house" right? :mrgreen:
:wink: You'll just have to wait and find out for that one. Hehehe.
Mimi_Melody wrote:Oh, can you go after multiple guys and have them getting jealous of each other? :D
Yes, there's actually dedicated storylines for that as well. :D
Roseus Mirabili wrote:Well the style of the characters is what really got me and one of the character really reminds me of someone close to me. That and Brian's little story has really peaked my interest so I MUST find out what happens in his route XO
Brian's routes are becoming some of my favorites to write (Well, all of the characters routes I love writing, I'm having a lot of fun with them.), which is funny because originally both Alexander and him weren't going to be obtainable in the game. I had a few people who read my webmanga ask me if I would add him and Alexander, and I kinda gave in after the third request for it. It was about a day later where I got a burst of inspiration for Alexander's storyline and it sky rocketed from that. About a week later afterwards, I was having trouble sleeping sometime around midnight, and suddenly got hit with ideas so I pulled out my ipod and wrote for about 2 hours straight for Brian's storyline.

Roseus Mirabili
Regular

#27 Post by Roseus Mirabili »

DestinyFailsUs wrote: Brian's routes are becoming some of my favorites to write (Well, all of the characters routes I love writing, I'm having a lot of fun with them.), which is funny because originally both Alexander and him weren't going to be obtainable in the game. I had a few people who read my webmanga ask me if I would add him and Alexander, and I kinda gave in after the third request for it. It was about a day later where I got a burst of inspiration for Alexander's storyline and it sky rocketed from that. About a week later afterwards, I was having trouble sleeping sometime around midnight, and suddenly got hit with ideas so I pulled out my ipod and wrote for about 2 hours straight for Brian's storyline.

Haha, you remind me of myself whenever I end up in writers block. I end up getting ideas at the weirdest times and I can definitely understand why they'd ask if Brain would be obtainable. Some people are the type that hope they can end up changing a certain character after talking with them for some time.

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

#28 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

Small Update
I uploaded a preview to my tumblr to show off some of Idril's side sprites/outfits. Click the picture below to see them all! :D
--
Roseus Mirabili wrote:Haha, you remind me of myself whenever I end up in writers block. I end up getting ideas at the weirdest times and I can definitely understand why they'd ask if Brain would be obtainable. Some people are the type that hope they can end up changing a certain character after talking with them for some time.
Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets ideas at the most random times. :) And yeah, I can see the appeal of hoping to change a character for the better.

neebuu
Projects: Ataxia
Organization: Veggie Studios

#29 Post by neebuu »

This looks absolutely adorable! I really like how smooth the blinking animation on the sprites is! :) I can't wait to see more of this!

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

#30 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

neebuu wrote:This looks absolutely adorable! I really like how smooth the blinking animation on the sprites is! :) I can't wait to see more of this!
Thank you! :D The animations are so much fun to do, I'm having a lot of fun with it! :D

Now, not necessarily an update, but more of a thought brought on by conversations on tumblr: After I finish and release a demo, I might look into adding my dog, Bubby, into the game as Idril's pet. Bubby passed away very suddenly a little while ago, and I've been toying with the idea of adding him in somewhere in the DFU universe since. I have a side storyline in mind for him, but it's not fleshed out yet. He wouldn't be the main focus of my time, it'd be only if I have the spare time with the rest of the game to add him in, without hindering my progress. It kinda just gives me a sense of peace that he'd be 'living' somewhere close to me.

As for the progress I made the last few days...
I've gotten a lot of coding done, finished a few more animations (i.e. Angry Vein, Sweatdrop*, Laughing*, etc.), finished the rest of the designs for the Interface*, and I also found and 'temporarily' fixed a bug with my preferences menu that's been stumping me. (It's still stumping me, but I found out what's causing it and it's not a needed feature at the moment, I'll try again later after I finish some more important things)

Working on this game is a lot of fun for me, I'm really having a blast doing this. :D

*Previews for those are coming soon, I just need to get some rest. Been working on the game since I woke up at 8 AM today.
Last edited by DestinyFailsUs on Wed May 22, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.