Faith can see the future.
(Well, sort of.)
She can see flashes of the consequences of her own actions when she makes decisions. Most of the time, she thinks this is great. It allows her to plan. It keeps her out of trouble. It keeps her life in order, just the way she likes it.
Until she discovers that you can't quite predict everything.
Faith: Our protaganist. Deadpan snarker, likes to plan, keeps herself reserved. Often percieved as snobby because she doesn't go for superficial friendships, and isn't great at mixing in big social situations. Hates taking risks.
Alicia: The best friend, and complete contrast to Faith. Reckless, fun-loving, a bit off the wall. Has a lot of friends, but spends most of her time with Faith. A big part of the plot focuses around the contrast between these two and the problems this causes.
Ezra: The Love Interest. Funny in a self-deprecating way. A weakness for romanticism that leaves him without use of most of his brain, even though he has quite a good one the rest of the time.
Anna: Faith's mother. Kind and well-meaning with good advice, but perhaps too passive in her own life. Very concerned with protecting her daughter, perhaps to both their downfalls.
You can download a demo of the first act of if!girl by clicking this: . There should be around ~10 acts in total by the time the game is finished.
If you can leave feedback, it would help me out a lot. The specific things I'd like feedback on are:
- Writing. Really, my strength is as a writer, and that's where I want to make a big impact - but writing VNs is new to me, so I might be missing the mark completely! If you think the writing could be improved, let me know how.
- Poetry references / jokes. I'm aware that these may be kind of obscure to some people. Really, you don't have to understand them: just the tone conveyed by them. So don't worry about getting what they're talking about all the time. However, if it throws you off and alienates you from the story, let me know! I want to make it quirky and fun but I don't want it to be too inaccessible.
- Protaganists. Female protaganists tends to get a lot of hate in VNs, and I'm aware that you've only seen a brief introduction to Faith, so you really don't know her that well yet. But if she's entirely unlikeable off the bat, I'd like to change that.
- Bugs. Are there any? I hope not! I did test it.
- Flash / vision mechanisms. Are you understanding how the visions work? Do they throw you off the gameplay too much?
- Anything else you think is relevant that I haven't mentioned it is totally welcome, too.
28.april.2013// Draft version of Act 1 completed. Demo released.
29.april.2013// New link added of game demo.
02.may.2013// Many of the suggested updates made. Found an artist, Glamary, who's very kindly doing the CGs for this project. <3