Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG) (Complete)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG) (Complete)

#1 Post by SilverHyena »

Edit: It's done. At least, as done as it's going to get. I left the gallery and save/load menus pretty plain... :? Probably should have messed with them some more, but I reeeeeally want to start a new project. In any case, it should be loads better than the non-final version I released awhile back.
download links:
(Please let me know if one isn't working or if you'd like me to upload it somewhere else. As long as it's free, I'm usually okay doing that)
4shared: http://www.4shared.com/zip/Y5xlpQOCba/M ... 0-all.html?
mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ammav ... .0-all.zip
Edit: Added a music-less version that is mostly complete. You can download it from the links on page two. Feel free to give me some feedback.
Genre: Fantasy
Pairings: GxG
Endings: Seven
- Script: 100% (17,877 Words/10 Menus)
(Will most likely go back and add/subtract when I edit it so word count isn't final)
- Sprites: 100%
- BGs: 100% (6/6)
- CGs: 100% (15/15)
- Music: 100% (As done as it's going to get)

Plot:

Mira is a witch with her own magic shop. Unfortunately, no one actually visits that shop... Not that Mira can blame them. She's a second rate witch who dropped out of magic school because she was unable to make even a basic love potion. One day, she gets a visitor from her school days--the supremely talented Odette. Irritated, Mira gets into an argument with her and ends up accepting a challenge to make a love potion. Unfortunately, Mira's 'love potion' causes Odette to lose her magic and even Mira is not heartless enough to leave her rival in such a state. Together, they have to gather the proper ingredients to make an antidote, but this turns out to be no easy feat.

Characters:
miraportrait copy.png
Mira (Player Character)

A former magic school drop out. She can be short tempered and doesn't take criticism well. Unfortunately, this leads her into making some rash decisions. On the other hand, her stubbornness has led her to accomplish some impressive things-- even if they weren't intended.

Obtainable Characters:
odette copy.png
Odette

A magic school graduate who can apparently do no wrong when it comes to spells. Mira considers her a rival, but Odette feels otherwise. While not necessarily mean, she's blunt and tells it like it is. This, and the fact that she's so talented, has left her rather friendless since she comes off as stuck up.
Sybelle copy.png
Sybelle

Headmistress of the magic school, Sybelle is one of the most powerful witches in the world despite her young age. That may seem like a good deal, but the workload is something she could live without. Whenever the chance to take a vacation comes around, Sybelle jumps on it wholeheartedly.
Attachments
titlescreen.png
Chibi_Set.png
Last edited by SilverHyena on Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Fairy Godfeather
Regular

Re: Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG) (Fantasy)

#2 Post by Fairy Godfeather »

You finished the script? Woooh! Well done. I love the art so far, it's very polished looking. I think the title at the bottom, Mira's Magical Mishap isn't drawing much attention though and is rather blending in. I see her eyes first, then the menu buttons, and then the title of the game. Is that the order you want people looking?

lilyrose
Regular

#3 Post by lilyrose »

Wow this looks really interesting!!!! And the script is done too!! :) It looks extremely good :) and the art is really pretty :) keep up the good work :)
~ You know I used to be able to leap tall buildings using a jetpack? Then I got shot in the leg with an arrow T.T ~

bellice
Veteran

#4 Post by bellice »

Really looking forward to this. The plot and cast seem to hold great potential for comedy.
I'll be watching this. :)

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)

#5 Post by SilverHyena »

@Fairy Godfeather: Yup, yup. The script is all done. I'll tweak it as I go through it again, but the rough draft is completely done. :D And thanks! I was attempting to make it look more polished than my last game so it's good to hear that it's working. As for the title... You have a point. I'll keep that in mind next time I make a title screen. I don't think I'll bother changing it on this one though (Unless I feel up to it once I've finished up everything else. Maybe I'll have the willpower to do it when people are beta testing it or something-- since I won't be doing that much once it's in that phase)

@lilyrose: Aww! Thanks so much! You're too kind! XD

@bellice: Thanks! I hope it lives up to your expectations! :D

Update time: I finished all the backgrounds. There are only six, but I really hate drawing backgrounds so it took quite a bit of motivation to get them all done. Anyway, I hope they look decent. I'm not really good at drawing them... :P

Here's the forest background:
Attachments
bg01.png

cladinpink
Regular

#6 Post by cladinpink »

This both looks and sounds really promising! I like the set-up so far, and I was really glad to see that you had already finished writing the script (for the most part).
Looking forward to playing this :)

SilverHyena
Veteran

#7 Post by SilverHyena »

@cladinpink: Thanks! I hope it turns out to be something you'll enjoy! And sorry it's taking me so long. I got lazy and only started working again yesterday. Still, making progress.

Updates: I've been really lazy lately, but I started working on cgs yesterday. I have all fifteen cgs sketched out and have outlined ten of them so far. I'll probably do a few more tonight. Anyway, almost onto the coloring step. Once I'm done with that I just have to figure out the music thing and put it all together. So yeah, getting pretty close to finishing it.

Here's one of the outlines for one of the cgs:
cg04 copy.png

lilyrose
Regular

#8 Post by lilyrose »

Wow :) it's looking great :) Can't wait!!!
~ You know I used to be able to leap tall buildings using a jetpack? Then I got shot in the leg with an arrow T.T ~

cladinpink
Regular

#9 Post by cladinpink »

Glad to hear that the game is so close to being finished :) It's been a long time since one of the games in progress I'm following has been finished, so this'll be fun!

bardsmanship
Regular

#10 Post by bardsmanship »

I'm really looking forward to this game! :D

bellice
Veteran

#11 Post by bellice »

Whooo, yes!
I'm looking forward to this. :D

SilverHyena
Veteran

#12 Post by SilverHyena »

@lilyrose: Thanks! Sorry to keep you waiting so long. Hopefully it'll be worth it!

@cladinpink: I hear you! It's so sad that a lot of the projects don't make it to completion, but I do understand. They are a lot of work after all. Anyway, I'm slow, but I've made it my goal to finish the vns I start. It will be finished eventually! Thanks for the support!

@bardsmanship: I'm glad! I hope it'll live up to your expectations!

@bellice: Haha! Thanks! Your enthusiasm definitely helps me keep going! :D

Updates: Finished all of the cgs. Now I just have to throw it together and put some music in it. This will probably take me a bit of time since I'm so lazy, but it will get done eventually! Hopefully I don't keep you waiting too much longer.

Ophelia
Regular
Completed: tobag
Projects: Kajima

#13 Post by Ophelia »

I'm honest, I only clicked on this thread because I thought I read "magikarp" somewhere in the title. But this looks very interesting and it's even mostly done! Looking forward to it. I love the clean look of the art and there are certainly not enough witches in games. :D

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#14 Post by silverpikachu99 »

I can't wait for this game to come out<33333 Your art is just gorgeous~~ (So jealous ^^) Good luck!
i'll cry if you yell at me

Alopex

#15 Post by Alopex »

I liked Sacred Sand, so I bet I'll like this one too! Mira and Odette have cool designs and I hope they smooch a whole bunch.