Pastel Blue [GxB][NPC BxB][Otome, School Life, Comedy]Hiatus

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
kiirome
Completed: 0
Projects: Pastel Blue

Pastel Blue [GxB][NPC BxB][Otome, School Life, Comedy]Hiatus

#1 Post by kiirome »

Hiya! This is my first VN in the making, so guidance would be helpful :D. I'm hoping that this will be good practice so that in the future I can make a VN with an actual storyline.
This is pretty much a one man project -dies-, so please bear with my horribly generic plot and storyline ; _ ; . Very shoujo-ish.
There is a bit of light foul language in this.
Story
Akane has always been interested in the language of flowers. While on her way to finding a part time job because of money issues one day, Akane notices a a strange blue blossom on the ground, and recognizes it as the Forget-me-not. Akane decides that there is no significance in the flower as it means "true love", and carries on. When she later on meets a rude boy at the pet store, she is convinced that there is no such thing as true love. As she is leaving the store, she is stopped by a young child who hands her a pot of the same Forget-me-not flowers, telling Akane that she was asked to deliver it to her by an unnamed boy. Akane goes home unsure of what to do with the flowers, and she finds that there is a strange note embedded in the potted plant.

Three petals lay where
The red camellia blooms
The cherry blossoms rain
The snowdrop glisten and
The yellow tulips sway
But amidst this all
Where am I?

Characters

Hirosaki Akane 17
The main character, your typical high schooler. Being somewhat antisocial, she doesn't seem to notice a lot of things around her. She is rather mature, but also a little cynical, probably from having an alcoholic mother who neglects her duties much of the time. She is also somewhat interested in flower language, though she isn't exactly interested in horticulture.

Sato Yumi 17
Akane's best friend. Can sometimes be quite annoying. She is interested in Sumi, and makes you want to smack her sometimes.

Yuhara Satoru 17
The manager's son at Akane's part time job. He has quite a rude character, and doesn't seem to like you at all. Pretty much your typical tsundere.

Tsukikage Sumi 18
The boy that works in the cafe next door to the pet store. He happens to go to the same school as Akane. Sumi is quite a pushover (No, a complete pushover and sadly real easy to bully), but for the most part a really nice guy.

Aramaki Hokuto 17

An underclassman that goes to Akane's school. Your typical sports crazed guy, except he doesn't seem to be "into" girls very much.

Miyahara Nanase 17
A student in Akane's class, but goes unnoticed for some time. He is extremely shy and unnoticeable apparently, and seems to be a weirdo. He likes the main character, but his actions make him seem a bit like a stalker. Akane hasn't really gotten a chance to see his face, as its always covered by his hair or something. Somewhat like a special character, since he appears mid game.

Screenshots: Everything is very simple :)

Features:
-CG gallery
-A good and bad ending for each bachelor, plus 3 additional special endings.
-Original art

Progress:
Story 15%
Script 10%
Sprites 100%
CGs 1%
Music 70% it seems like im backtracking

yep i am totally backtracking.

Team:
Me (Story/Art/crappy writing/everything else If this game sucks I'm to blame OTL)
Capale (Proofreader) Back on track :D!

Currently working on planning out the story and bgs. anddddd school sucks ; _ ;
Last edited by kiirome on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 26 times in total.

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

Re: Kiirome's Game [BxG][BxB][Otome, School Life]

#2 Post by Kato »

Love the art! :)

Edit: May I also point out your tag's seem to be wrong. The [BxG] and [BxB] should be [GXB] and [GxG] if the main character is a girl, shouldn't they?
Last edited by Kato on Wed May 22, 2013 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#3 Post by merdeamour »

Those sprites are beautiful! I'm interested to know how the story goes, though...
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by try10 »

The art and the plot are good , but BxB? The main character is Akane, right? So, how is this BxG or BXB? Isn't this supossed to be an otome game ( Girl pursuing Boy). I'm confused.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#5 Post by SilverxBlue »

The art is so cute and very colourful... It reminds me of a certain shoujo anime that I liked to watch when I was in my pre-teen years. I just can't remember what it was.

I originally thought the main character was a trap due to the BxG/B tags, but then I saw you referring to the MC with female pronouns and then I notice the otome tag at the title. /brick'd
Miyahara is so adorable, by the way. ;A;
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Harusha
Projects: Bloody Kiss
Organization: Working alone

#6 Post by Harusha »

It looks so wonderful ><
I'm really waiting for this ^^
Hope you can finish it soon :D

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#7 Post by pickle131 »

This looks really cute c:
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

kiirome

Re: Kiirome's Game [BxG][Otome, School Life]

#8 Post by kiirome »

try10 wrote:The art and the plot are good , but BxB? The main character is Akane, right? So, how is this BxG or BXB? Isn't this supossed to be an otome game ( Girl pursuing Boy). I'm confused.
Well, there is one route that leads to a bad end where the main character doesn't get with any of the guys, but rather happens to kind of watch as two of the guys get together with each other rather than with her, so that part is BxB. Is the tag wrong/uneeded? I'm not too sure D: Please correct me if I'm wrong, just thought I needed to note that in case bxb puts anyone off :O

I'm happy to hear you all like the art :D Hopefully I'll finish this as soon as possible and not put it on hold or something OTL
Last edited by kiirome on Thu May 23, 2013 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: Kiirome's Game [GxB][BxB][Otome, School Life]

#9 Post by Googaboga »

Well maybe you could put [NPC BxB] instead of [BxB]. That way it will be a little more clear that the BxB element is not with the MC.

Aaaanyways I agree that the art is really cute. I look forward to seeing more about the game.
Also I don't know why but I love those types of glasses where you can't see through the glass.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

kiirome

#10 Post by kiirome »

merdeamour wrote:Those sprites are beautiful! I'm interested to know how the story goes, though...
Thanks :3 Added a bit about the plot. :D I'm not sure though. It's still subject to change OTL

FoxyYoko
Regular

Re: Forget Me Not [GxB][NPC BxB][Otome, School Life, Comedy]

#11 Post by FoxyYoko »

Oh god, this looks amazing - I'm so going to be stalking this project.
The plot seems interesting and the art is lovely - And Nanase is so cute asdfg

ShippoK
Veteran
Projects: Eyes of Gold (In-Progress)
Organization: (Red Moon)

#12 Post by ShippoK »

I just wanted to post that there is another game called Forget-Me-Not that's a BxB title.
Just so people don't get confused while it suddenly went from a Otome to a BL in a few posts.
Much Appreciated for those who took the Survey!

Image Image
Eyes of Gold [BL (Suspense) (+18)] IN-PROGRESS
Alternate Online [(Friendship) (+10)] ON-HOLD
DeviantART• •[Honest critique] - 'Honesty is its own reward.'

kiirome

#13 Post by kiirome »

ShippoK wrote:I just wanted to post that there is another game called Forget-Me-Not that's a BxB title.
Just so people don't get confused while it suddenly went from a Otome to a BL in a few posts.
Oh darn. I guess it goes back to being nameless again ; u ; OTL And now I am once again at loss. Suggestions for a name anyone? :O

ShippoK
Veteran
Projects: Eyes of Gold (In-Progress)
Organization: (Red Moon)

#14 Post by ShippoK »

kiirome wrote:
ShippoK wrote:I just wanted to post that there is another game called Forget-Me-Not that's a BxB title.
Oh darn. I guess it goes back to being nameless again ; u ; OTL And now I am once again at loss. Suggestions for a name anyone? :O
I thought of a few.

Remember me forever (For the Forget-met-nots meaning).
Flower Child/The Flower of a Child (A mixture of Akane Japanese name meaning and the word flower).
Petals of Love (Generic love story name)
Much Appreciated for those who took the Survey!

Image Image
Eyes of Gold [BL (Suspense) (+18)] IN-PROGRESS
Alternate Online [(Friendship) (+10)] ON-HOLD
DeviantART• •[Honest critique] - 'Honesty is its own reward.'

kiirome

#15 Post by kiirome »

ShippoK wrote:
kiirome wrote:
I thought of a few.

Remember me forever (For the Forget-met-nots meaning).
Flower Child/The Flower of a Child (A mixture of Akane Japanese name meaning and the word flower).
Petals of Love (Generic love story name)

hmm nice :D But I was thinking of something a lot more mellow. Thanks anyways! :)