Lilly Moon - VN/RPG [Modern, Comedy, Fantasy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Jaxgamecreations
Projects: Lilly Moon

Lilly Moon - VN/RPG [Modern, Comedy, Fantasy]

#1 Post by Jaxgamecreations »

Hello all, This is Jay from Jaxgamecreations and I'd like to introduce my project. It is called Lilly Moon and it is set in modern times wherein a group of girls gain some unexpected powers. These powers arrive in the form of being transformed into werewolves and are given to them to combat against dark forces that threaten humanity. I know, it sounds pretty cliche but that's the gist of the story.The mechanics of my project will be combining aspects of visual novels, such as story lines and multiple paths, with those of classic turn-based RPGs.
The thing is, while I'm working on the game, I am also running a Kickstarter to help fund it. I already have most of the assets I need and have already put together the first "chapter" of my game. The purpose of the Kickstarter is so I can commission a proper artist to give it a more clean and professional look as well as getting a hold of some music rights and other legal stuff. I am also working on a personal forum page exclusively for the game but that is pretty barren at the moment. So here I am, asking you all to have a look and help out in some way. Either by donating or spreading the word. I am in no way trying to solicit. I'm just trying to get out there and show what I can do with my passion for VNs and the like. I am also not ashamed to say this is my first attempt at such a project. So along the way an criticism will be accepted with open arms. I'd like to make something everyone can enjoy. And who wouldn't want that? Link to kickstarter below.

Admin Edit (sake-bento): Link temporarily removed.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Re: Lilly Moon - VN/RPG [Modern, Comedy, Fantasy]

#2 Post by sake-bento »

Hey there! Your project looks promising, and we're happy to have you with us. However, we do have a rule here - all crowdfunding links must be accompanied by a non-trivial demo of the game. Basically, we want to people to have a good idea of how the game plays before pledging any money. It's not a common rule around the web, so you're not in trouble or anything for breaking it. I've taken the link down for the moment, but please feel free to put it back up once you have a demo that people can check out. The completed first chapter you mentioned sounds perfect (or whatever you think the demo for your final game will be).

In addition, I'm sure members would be happy to give you feedback on any art, videos, music, story, or other things that you post in this thread.

Jaxgamecreations

#3 Post by Jaxgamecreations »

Oh. I'm sorry about that. Guess I didn't read through all the rules. It might be a day or so til I can get it all together for a trial download but I'll be sure to do that. Once again, my apologies.

Jaxgamecreations

#4 Post by Jaxgamecreations »

Here are the first two girls you meet in the game
Lily
Age 18
Smart mouth, free thinker, does what she wants
The so-called "leader" of the group

Sara
Age 18
Hot headed, stubborn, logical thinker
Lily's best friend since a young age. Keeps Lily in check.

Here a few screenshots from the VN perspective as they look now.

AxemRed
Veteran

#5 Post by AxemRed »

Am I correct in my assumption that those character sprites were pasted together from copyrighted images and then upscaled considerably?

Jaxgamecreations

#6 Post by Jaxgamecreations »

The character sprites were made from a free-use character generator and then cleaned up a bit through gimp. And at the moment they are placeholders. As stated in my original post I will be looking for an artist to commission better artwork. As for backgrounds, they were taken from a few free-use image sites as well as some pay-per-image sites. (Which I did pay for btw.) The game is being made on RPG Maker VX Ace.
Back on the character sprites, I can provide a link to the generator I used if you would like to have a look at it yourself.

Jaxgamecreations

#7 Post by Jaxgamecreations »

Also, just to clarify, in no way what-so-ever am I using copyrighted material without consent of the original owner. And with permission of said owners, they will be clearly and properly credited within the finished product. I'm no sleeze. I want to make this game fair and square.

Blutkristall
Regular
Projects: Memento Vivere, Knife Point Horror
Organization: Lastrail

#8 Post by Blutkristall »

Jaxgamecreations wrote: So along the way an criticism will be accepted with open arms. I'd like to make something everyone can enjoy. And who wouldn't want that?
Who wouldn't indeed.
Now, my main criticism is simply the following: We know way too little to actually have anything to properly criticize, praise or mercilessly pull apart. The information you've given is mainly about the largely unfinished status of the game and your need for funds but those aren't things that will actually matter should you actually manage to roll out something of note.
Perhaps be a little more forthcoming with information? I promise that I won't steal your ideas.

Welcome to the fora, and enjoy your stay.
Everyone has their favorite blind spot.