in Delinquency, Discipline, and Disorder [Sim]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
kairunotabi
Regular

Re: Delicatessen [GXB] [Slice of Life]

#46 Post by kairunotabi »

You forgot to put my name on the credit as one of your artist. If you do not remember me, send me a PM.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#47 Post by curry nochi rice »

kairunotabi wrote:You forgot to put my name on the credit as one of your artist. If you do not remember me, send me a PM.
Oh Vk, I remember you as vividly as a year ago. :lol: Let me reflect it in a bit... and might as well review attribution.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

kairunotabi
Regular

#48 Post by kairunotabi »

Anyway, looks like a lot of progress has been put on the game since then :P giving the demo a shot!

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Delicatessen [Slice of Life]

#49 Post by curry nochi rice »

Okay just a quick update...

All first-year students' sprites have been delivered. @.@ I can't believe Aqua blitzed the last three within 36 hours of notice.

Screenshot features Helma (already introduced in the alpha if you got to day 60) and a new character, Nina Tuazon. Changes to the UI have been started as evident in the new Day/Time indicator. I also brought back the icon/imagebutton based menu to access the relationships/status screen. I still don't plan on anything fancy though.

The quick menu is up next.

Next update would include updates to the first page and the project's blog page. @.@ I'll dish out a new battle system too.. and maybe remove more CC-BY-NC-SA assets from the project in-general.
I wanna be done.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: in Delinquency, Discipline, and Disorder [Sim]

#50 Post by curry nochi rice »

Small but rather important update:

Aside from the CC assets clean-up, secondary characters will be receiving their own set of sprites. This is to be done over a period of 12-16 months. Demo release is pushed back as usual (might as well not release a demo lol). The UI did get updated from straight-angled to a simple, rounded rectangle appearance. Backgrounds, well... we got the minimap done but the colorist hasn't returned yet so... We managed to recolor 14 out of 26 backgrounds before the colorist took his leave. Music hasn't changed that much. I'm thinking of commissioning a few tracks but it's gonna take a while to mass the resources needed.

Script and proofreading is as dead as ever. No new additions were made since the last post. Welp even my grammar is getting worse. I also need to update some parts of the script since this is an alternate history story. I'll need to reflect Brexit lol (as I did with the annexation of Crimea).

Recent progress as follows:
New designs for Claire and Clara:

The minimap showcasing the story's locale:

Exactly the point the background coloring stalled,
this has made me consider switching back to using filtered photos:

Updated the stats screen to use the latest radar chart code. I should consider updating the UI design as well (for the nth time). Elisa might get a new sprite set featuring a new pose.

And then I realized I still need to fork sheepstorm specifically for this project.
I wanna be done.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran

#51 Post by curry nochi rice »

First 4 of the kouhais' redesign is finally complete. Expressions soon to follow. For comparison, the above image was taken a year ago.
Seeing the new designs makes me wanna cry. There are 7 characters left to be redesigned, plus more outfits. I'm also thinking of replacing the previous and current set of BG art with newly commission ones. The first set was actually done manually then photographed (didn't even think of scanning), the second and current set was done manually, but lined and colored digitally. It's sad news that the colorist probably won't be coming back anytime soon so...
I wanna be done.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran

#52 Post by curry nochi rice »

Update 32 was posted at IndieDB: 32nd Update
Out of the 11 original kouhais, me and my team have decided to retain only 8 of them for the club management gameplay. Also, since the art styles have evolved compared to the original character's sprites, we will updating all of them one by one, slowly over the next several months. 8)

And I'm still skipping further work on the battle system for more lines of script. :lol: All is well indeed.
I wanna be done.