Corpse Prince

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
redpandastudio
Regular
Completed: Curse of Slate Rock Manor, The Host Holic, Nowhere Safe 1 & 2
Projects: Harvest Festival: All Signs
Organization: VisualNovelGames.com

Corpse Prince

#1 Post by redpandastudio »

Hey guys!

I'm working on a book right now which I plan on converting into a visual novel. I'm first testing the story on Wattpad, and it is rated R, so if you want to read it, you'll have to log-in with facebook or register to verify that you're 18. It's not that racy; I just restricted it to make sure that I wouldn't get banned.

http://www.wattpad.com/story/5897343-corpse-prince

Anyway, if you're on Wattpad, please follow my story. The novella is finished, but I'm hoping to expand it and come up with additional endings. I will be releasing the chapters every few days.

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

Re: Corpse Prince

#2 Post by merdeamour »

I got to read it even when I didn't log on to my wattpad profile (and even then, I can read it even when my age at wattpad is below 18). Although I don't think you'd get banned for this story if you didn't rate it as 'R'--there are minors posting stories that should be censored without rating them correctly.

I'm interested about how you're going to make this into a VN--you have a lot of narration going on (since it IS from the first-person POV). Some stuff read like infodumps to me, like the stuff about Aryanne's origins, and the information about their house (it kinda struck me as weird because she was panicking about the 'spasms' Sven supposedly had, and then she's talking about the house).
Aryanne's behavior is, um, weird. I was wondering whether that's the first time she's done that, because she doesn't seem to be having enough second-thinking about what she's going to do when she's with Sven.

Overall, though, the story's premise is pretty interesting, and I'm adding it to my wattpad library because I want to find out what happens next (especially after that cliff-hanger).
I can't wait to see how the characters look like in a VN :D I'm also wondering what the choices would be...
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

redpandastudio
Regular

#3 Post by redpandastudio »

It's been kind of weird about logging in. I think you have to now.

I didn't really think about her talking about the house at an inappropriate time, so I'll probably need to move that. I could get away with it in third person, but yeah... That won't really work with this POV.

Thanks!

I wrote my other visual novel in first person, and it turned out fine, so I think it would work for this as well.

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#4 Post by merdeamour »

redpandastudio wrote:It's been kind of weird about logging in. I think you have to now.

I didn't really think about her talking about the house at an inappropriate time, so I'll probably need to move that. I could get away with it in third person, but yeah... That won't really work with this POV.

Thanks!

I wrote my other visual novel in first person, and it turned out fine, so I think it would work for this as well.
I'm interested to see how you pull this off, then :D And I love the story. I'm stalking following it on wattpad (:
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

redpandastudio
Regular

#5 Post by redpandastudio »

LOL! Yes, I saw you on there. Thanks so much for your support!