The Taleweaver's Curse [Otome][Fantasy] DEMO UP 07/30

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

Re: The Taleweaver's Curse [Otome][Fantasy] UPDATE 06/10

#46 Post by merdeamour »

Chrizine wrote: As for the guys... I really don't know which one I'll go after first... They seem all interesting to me, which is very good!

Really? That's great! :D I think Basil isn't very popular because he doesn't look special compared to the others... I'm so glad that I've managed to pique you with all of them~! Just, um... could you... um... just pick one whose description intrigues you the most? ((: I'd really love to hear people's opinions on them xD
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

Dawnfire
Regular

#47 Post by Dawnfire »

This looks fantastic! The art is great, the premise is really great, and I'm so psyched for it to come out. (Please make the main character badass, please make her badass~)
Writer/editor with native English skills and a bachelor's. Back after a longtime hiatus. Message if interested.

merdeamour
Veteran

#48 Post by merdeamour »

Dawnfire wrote:This looks fantastic! The art is great, the premise is really great, and I'm so psyched for it to come out. (Please make the main character badass, please make her badass~)

Ah, thanks~! Looks like our target time to release it is held back as our background artist broke her (drawing) arm D: Anyway, I'm glad you like the premise and the art! :D
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

ayo
Projects: The Taleweaver's Curse

#49 Post by ayo »

I finally finished getting round to completing a short preview of the game. Bearing in mind, most of the graphics you see are from the internet so the final quality of the product is subjected to change. The only thing that's ours is the adv and nvl design, the main menu and sprites.

Right now, I'm just doing some finishing touches and getting things in the right place so I'll be releasing it some time today ^^

compositionc

#50 Post by compositionc »

The art is super adorable and I love the concept a lot! It's really original and refreshing. Looking forward to it. ^_^

ayo
Projects: The Taleweaver's Curse

#51 Post by ayo »

I finally finished getting round to completing a short preview of the game. Bearing in mind, most of the graphics you see are from the internet so the final quality of the product is subjected to change. The only thing that's ours is the adv and nvl design, the main menu and sprites.

Right now, I'm just doing some finishing touches and getting things in the right place so I'll be releasing it some time today ^^
Sorry for the delay, I was just adding some minor stuffs to the preview. As you already know, the BGs and SFXs are not ours but the sprites, GUI/UI are from us ^^

Anyway, please enjoy the short preview of the game and please leave some feedbacks once you finish playing it, thanks! :D

1. Linux Download
2. Mac Download
3. Windows Download

merdeamour
Veteran

#52 Post by merdeamour »

compositionc wrote:The art is super adorable and I love the concept a lot! It's really original and refreshing. Looking forward to it. ^_^
Anta, the sprite artist, thanks you! Also, I, as the writer, am glad that you find the concept refreshing :D

Also, the demo's up, guys!
-Vincent van Gogh

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

Re: The Taleweaver's Curse [Otome][Fantasy] DEMO UP 07/30

#53 Post by Anne »

The sprites are very nice. Is there any chance of you changing the text color? White against yellow is really hard to read

nankaimo
Regular
Completed: Lolita Dress up Game, Feather Promises
IRC Nick: Ems

#54 Post by nankaimo »

Yayy the demo is up :DD I can't wait to play it!! I'm downloading it now ^u^

shiho14
Regular

#55 Post by shiho14 »

I admit, I’m guilty that I fell in love with Alcin’s sprite before I even read his character’s description..lol. But now, I love him even more! Even though he’s quiet most of the time, it still shows he cares for Siran a lot. He’s like this awkward boy who can’t express his feelings which makes him even more lovable for me xD

I really love the art and the plot of your story..plus I’m a sucker for fantasy/fairytale stories ^^ Siran looks really adorable and I love her personality. From what I have seen in the demo, I like the fact that she does things on what she thinks what’s best for her kingdom and despite being a princess she’s still thoughtful for the well being of her servants. I’m looking forward on how she will handle all the obstacles that would be coming on her way as the story progresses. I love the music in the main screen, it really suits the theme of the game, I can’t wait to hear what other music you would be using in the other parts of your game. So after playing your demo, I got even more excited for the full release of your game :)

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#56 Post by try10 »

Played the demo. Although it was short, I really liked everything except for the music ( I just felt that most of the game had no sound at all). When I play a game if the soundtrack is good, I get absorbed in the story and even forget that I'm playing a game ( I wasn't able to do this playing The Taleweaver's Curse because I felt that the music wasn't compatible with this game).

I'm waiting for the full version.

Good luck! :D

merdeamour
Veteran

#57 Post by merdeamour »

nankaimo wrote:Yayy the demo is up :DD I can't wait to play it!! I'm downloading it now ^u^
Thanks! We'd love to know what you think of it (:
Anne wrote:The sprites are very nice. Is there any chance of you changing the text color? White against yellow is really hard to read
We have Anta to thank for the sprites xD Yup, I've talked about that with ayo. Thanks for playing the demo!
shiho14 wrote:I admit, I’m guilty that I fell in love with Alcin’s sprite before I even read his character’s description..lol. But now, I love him even more! Even though he’s quiet most of the time, it still shows he cares for Siran a lot. He’s like this awkward boy who can’t express his feelings which makes him even more lovable for me xD
I'm glad I didn't let you down with Alcin! I usually veer away from blonde boys in VNs because I feel like it's their good looks that attract players to them, and I'm usually disappointed by their personalities... So I'm really happy that you liked the actual Alcin (not just the sprite).
shiho14 wrote: I really love the art and the plot of your story..plus I’m a sucker for fantasy/fairytale stories ^^ Siran looks really adorable and I love her personality. From what I have seen in the demo, I like the fact that she does things on what she thinks what’s best for her kingdom and despite being a princess she’s still thoughtful for the well being of her servants. I’m looking forward on how she will handle all the obstacles that would be coming on her way as the story progresses. I love the music in the main screen, it really suits the theme of the game, I can’t wait to hear what other music you would be using in the other parts of your game. So after playing your demo, I got even more excited for the full release of your game :)
Anta thanks you for the praise of her art, and I'm happy that you like the plot, too (: And I'm glad I portrayed Siran in a favorable light.
The music isn't our own, unfortunately, but the person in charge of our music is working really hard on producing tracks of our own to use.
Thank you so much for the support! >//<
try10 wrote:Played the demo. Although it was short, I really liked everything except for the music ( I just felt that most of the game had no sound at all). When I play a game if the soundtrack is good, I get absorbed in the story and even forget that I'm playing a game ( I wasn't able to do this playing The Taleweaver's Curse because I felt that the music wasn't compatible with this game).

I'm waiting for the full version.

Good luck! :D
Thanks for playing the demo!

The game's soundtrack isn't compatible with it because... there isn't a soundtrack. Sorry about that! Our music guy is working hard to make tracks for the game, though. Again, thank you for playing the demo, and thanks for expressing interest in the full version! (:
Last edited by merdeamour on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Vincent van Gogh

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#58 Post by AntiquedFae »

I've been following this for quite awhile now, and I'm looking super forward to it! The first thing that really drew me to it was a protagonist whose power came from her imagination. (Hmm, I wonder why...?) I shed a mental tear when I read that her ability to imagine thoughts into being is dying/is nearly dead as she is growing older and seems to be losing her spirit. -sniffle- I think pretty much instantly you have anyone who has either been melancholic about the reality of becoming an adult and/or has been told they have an overactive imagination on more than one occasion supporting Siran strongly after reading this.

I played the demo, and though it was short, it made me even more excited about the full game! It also raised rather a lot of questions about the world in your VN, but I think every single one of them would require major spoilers so I will just have to wait for the full game. :) I'm eagerly anticipating seeing Siran develop as a character, I think she has the potential to be an entirely amazing character! She is definitely drawing me to this VN. As much as I am yearning to ask about the setting and world logic, I'll be a good girl and wait until it is released. ;D

The guys I am most drawn to would have to be Alcin(he seems very insightful and caring in a kind of emotionally detached way) and Eriond(you had me at FAERIE! *.* I love faeries!) I actually like Eriond's design the best out of all the guys, I think it is the most fantasy/magical themed of them all so I think that is probably why I'm most drawn to him. I really like his hairstyle. And his ears! (I have a serious thing for guys with pointy ears. I think it may be a problem.) And his adornments. And his skintone. And his wings... Basically I really like his design.

This sounds like an amazing world with interesting characters, and I'm very excited to be able to explore it! I wish you the best!

VoodooVista

#59 Post by VoodooVista »

Hello, I played the demo. I like the concept and characters so far. I think Siran and her friends are adorable. I do have one criticism: the white text on a transparent and light gold background makes the text kind of hard to see, especially with white or light colors in the background. I noticed one typo: "avoide" instead of "avoids" when it talks about Alcin avoiding looking at Siran after she decides to call Siri (not sure typos are really the main concern at this point but I figured I'd mention it). There's not much else I have to offer at this point, but pretty good considering there's still work to be done. I send get well wishes to your background artist and I'm looking forward to what you guys have in store. :)

enkasai

#60 Post by enkasai »

I saw this a while back and thought the concept and premise were really interesting. :3 God knows how many imaginary friends I have. I even name all of my gadgets, haha.

Art looks great, though the GUI seems kinda plain... Maybe some more detail to spice/liven it up? And yeah, white on yellow was kinda hard to read, but someone already addressed that. Siran's sprite is too adorable I want to hug heeeeeeeer. ≧(´▽`)≦ There's not much to go on from the demo yet, but, all in all, it seems very promising. At this point, I'm feeling like the bulk of the story might focus more on the adventure and that it'll largely be event-driven, but I'd just like to say that based on what descriptions there are so far, there's a lot of potential for the plot to be character-driven, especially with the dynamics between Siran and Siri and Alcin. There's some internal reflection scenes stewing in there, and it would be a shame not to tap into it, and it could work great with Alcin's path. (Unless I'm completely wrong about this being event-driven, orz. Then feel free to disregard this comment.)

On a side note, I would love to read it as a novel. @u@ Or is the novel version going to end up as a true path or something?

Anyways, I'll be looking forward to your final release! Good luck.