The Taleweaver's Curse [Otome][Fantasy] DEMO UP 07/30

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

Re: The Taleweaver's Curse [Otome][Fantasy] UPDATE 06/10

#31 Post by merdeamour »

Pencey wrote:That is so A++ omfg Can't wait to see the it all finished and fancy!
Thanks, bro! xD
Katty16 wrote:I like the story, and the art is really cute!!! x3

Good luck with it!! Can't wait to see more of it :3
Thank you so much! The BG maker is on hiatus for a while, but since all the sprites have been completed along with a bit of the story, we might release a demo with placeholder backgrounds soon (: Hope you like it! :D
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

TheOneTwo
Regular

#32 Post by TheOneTwo »

What an amazing concept. The story is so pretty! Good luck with this. *bookmarks thread* :wink:
Bish please, I'm fab.

merdeamour
Veteran

#33 Post by merdeamour »

TheOneTwo wrote:What an amazing concept. The story is so pretty! Good luck with this. *bookmarks thread* :wink:
Thank you for those words! You don't know how happy that makes me >//< We really appreciate it... and, as the writer, really, I'm happy that a lot of people like the concept :D

And you bookmarked this... (': Thank you so much (again)!
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#34 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I'm really interested to know what Rivan, the prince the heroine's suppose to marry, looks like! It makes me wonder as he's not a obtainable male and those always make me wonder in Otome games ^^ Otherwise great project and can't wait to see it completed!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

merdeamour
Veteran

#35 Post by merdeamour »

Hazel-Bun wrote:I'm really interested to know what Rivan, the prince the heroine's suppose to marry, looks like! It makes me wonder as he's not a obtainable male and those always make me wonder in Otome games ^^ Otherwise great project and can't wait to see it completed!
Er, the prince isn't named Rivan, it's his nationality (he comes from Riva). I guess you have to play the game to see what he looks like/why he isn't obtainable xD

Thank you! The team's working hard to complete this, and we're glad to know that there are people supporting this :D
-Vincent van Gogh

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#36 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Oh, my mistake haha! And, you have no worries in that department if all the comments of encouragement and praise don't already show that you guys have a lot of supporters 8D
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#37 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

The art is really pretty and the story is interesting. I 'm looking forward to playing this! :D

Kessie
Regular

#38 Post by Kessie »

My favourite character right now is Illace! :3
I know she's the witch but her design is so pretty *-* which I suppose contradicts the usual stereotype of witches being quite the opposite.

The art, GUI and story premise look good.
I am also pretty fascinated with the process of how her imagining things into being works but I'll wait for the visual novel release to show that maybe (?)

Keep up the good work guys. :)

merdeamour
Veteran

#39 Post by merdeamour »

Hazel-Bun wrote:Oh, my mistake haha! And, you have no worries in that department if all the comments of encouragement and praise don't already show that you guys have a lot of supporters 8D
Oh, yeah xD Thanks for the encouragement too! (:
VocaloidsRCool wrote:The art is really pretty and the story is interesting. I 'm looking forward to playing this! :D
Thank you! We really appreciate your words of support >//<
Kessie wrote:My favourite character right now is Illace! :3
I know she's the witch but her design is so pretty *-* which I suppose contradicts the usual stereotype of witches being quite the opposite.

The art, GUI and story premise look good.
I am also pretty fascinated with the process of how her imagining things into being works but I'll wait for the visual novel release to show that maybe (?)

Keep up the good work guys. :)
Illace? Actually, her color scheme is my favorite one (black and red) xD

Thanks! Those are thanks to Ant-san, ayo... and I'm glad you liked the story (:

Hm. As for that, it's just narrated in the story. We won't really have fancy stuff in the game to make her look like she's creating things.

Thanks, Kess! :D
-Vincent van Gogh

Chrizine
Regular
Projects: Perios - Chained Sorceress (WIP), Sword vs. Staff (WIP)
Organization: Motdl Productions

#40 Post by Chrizine »

This sounds really interesting, I like the story and I'm looking forward to playing this!
merdeamour wrote: I guess you have to play the game to see what he looks like/why he isn't obtainable xD
Now I'm really curious why he isn't obtainable... This sounds like there's more to it than "she just meets him too late in the game"...

Edit: An imaginary friend called Siri? Hope Apple never finds out and sues you :P ;)
Last edited by Chrizine on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take a look at Perios - Chained Sorceress!
And also on Sword vs. Staff, my short new project...
And, of course, our blog!
Honest Critique

merdeamour
Veteran

#41 Post by merdeamour »

Chrizine wrote:This sounds really interesting, I like the story and I'm looking forward to playing this!
Thank you for that! (:
merdeamour wrote: I guess you have to play the game to see what he looks like/why he isn't obtainable xD
Chrizine wrote: Edit: An imaginary friend called Siri? Hope Apple never finds out and sues you :P ;)
Er... I'm kinda new to this forum, so I don't know who Apple is D: Do we have the same character?
-Vincent van Gogh

Chrizine
Regular

#42 Post by Chrizine »

merdeamour wrote:
Chrizine wrote: Edit: An imaginary friend called Siri? Hope Apple never finds out and sues you :P ;)
Er... I'm kinda new to this forum, so I don't know who Apple is D: Do we have the same character?
No, no, it was just a joke... I was referring to the company Apple, because they named their voice control Siri... And this thing might be like an imaginary friend to some people too ;)
Honest Critique

nankaimo
Regular
Completed: Lolita Dress up Game, Feather Promises
IRC Nick: Ems

#43 Post by nankaimo »

Wow! This looks great C: keep up the good work!! I can't wait to play this when you are finished!! I Like Eriond the best C: he's a cutie! I may just have to do a little fan art of him e//w//e

merdeamour
Veteran

#44 Post by merdeamour »

Chrizine wrote: No, no, it was just a joke... I was referring to the company Apple, because they named their voice control Siri... And this thing might be like an imaginary friend to some people too ;)

OHHH. //facedesk I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT GETTING THAT TT_TT

nankaimo wrote:Wow! This looks great C: keep up the good work!! I can't wait to play this when you are finished!!
Why thank you, kind madam! :D Seriously, though, thank you so much for the support <3
nankaimo wrote: I Like Eriond the best C: he's a cutie! I may just have to do a little fan art of him e//w//e
Oh my gosh, an Eriond fan at last! <3 A lot of people seem to like Alcin at first sight ((:

...Poor Basil TT_TT
-Vincent van Gogh

Chrizine
Regular

#45 Post by Chrizine »

merdeamour wrote:
Chrizine wrote: No, no, it was just a joke... I was referring to the company Apple, because they named their voice control Siri... And this thing might be like an imaginary friend to some people too ;)

OHHH. //facedesk I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT GETTING THAT TT_TT
Haha, no problem :D Maybe it wasn't as obvious as I thought it was...

As for the guys... I really don't know which one I'll go after first... They seem all interesting to me, which is very good!
Honest Critique