Sunrider [Out of date]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Re: Sunrider [Sci-Fi][Mecha][BxG][Bishojo][Free] < SECOND BE

#121 Post by Samu-kun »

Our battle engine is now mostly operational. This single battle alone probably has more assets than half of Homeward, heh.

We've broken renpy a few times over and had dropped a few tears along the way, but damn, I can't believe all that actually works in renpy. You can get the source code here: https://github.com/vaendryl/Sunrider

We're also selling some dakis and posters on our website. I'll probably open a StoreEnvy soon too, so that you can get some extra discounts on shipping. See if anything interests you. =w=
http://sunrider-vn.com/goods/ [NSFW]

Also, the indie band which made us our OP song is going to launch a Kickstarter too, so we'll be helping them advertise. :D

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#122 Post by LVUER »

I've watched the movie, man, it's awesome. So now it has become a full fledged grid-based turn-based strategy game like SRW, nice. The previous system resembles Infinite Space (RPG game) which is simpler and fast paced since there are plenty of encounters.

I only have one complain though, Asaga's voice is not cute (T__T) Seeing her personality, I have impression her voice will be high-pitched small-kid-like moe voice. The rest are awesome though, good job (^_^)/b
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#123 Post by Samu-kun »

Mr. Keita Takanashi of Iced Blade has launched a Kickstarter for his Japanese indie band, Iced Blade! For his Kickstarter debut, he'll be releasing the official Sunrider vocal album, SORA NO SENRITSU. (The Melody of the Cosmos) And of course, we're helping out by providing a US account and handing out beta codes like crazy to all backers.

This is your chance to purchase lossless versions of all the vocal tracks in Sunrider. Also, this will help the game by increasing our beta pool. Let's add another 1000 testers and share Sunrider across the planet!

CloudiDust

#124 Post by CloudiDust »

Hello Samu-kun!

As a mecha anime/space opera/visual novel fan (whose first experience with story-branching hybrid-genre visual novel series went to Galaxy Angels, no less), I've always fantasized about making a game like Sunrider and you beat me to it. I downloaded and played the demo of Sunrider and I'd say overall it's Good Work! Still the opening did feel a bit generic and the game can use more polishing. I believe there was a Venator-class Star Destroyer hiding beneath the armor plates of Sunrider right? ;) (Ya I like SW and ST too, haven't played ME though.)

Looking forward to the final product!
Samu-kun wrote:I don't know the exact name of the license, but you can use everything in Sunrider for your own works, as long as you provide credit (Love in Space) and you don't sell any work including Sunrider assets for money.

I'm using Google Sketchup for the 3D models, Kerkythea for the renders, and post processing in Photoshop. The character artist uses Sai for the character art.
I believe what you are referring to may be the CC-BY-NC license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/

EDIT: And I found in the last section of the opening post that the license used is actually CC-BY-NC-SA, but the LICENSE file in the github repo says "GPL 2.0". They are not the same. Particularly, the GPL doesn't prohibit commercial redistribution of the licensed content. So I believe that CC-BY-NC-SA is the better license for your case. And, is the Share-Alike part intentional? Please consider clarification. Thanks :)

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#125 Post by Samu-kun »

Under Creative Commons, the specific license for Sunrider is Attribution-Noncommercial-Sharealike. If you use any Sunrider assets, then you can't sell your work.

The license in github might just be a boilerplate license that's there by default, because I don't think anyone actually put that there.

Vaendryl
Regular
Projects: Sunrider
Organization: Love in Space
IRC Nick: vaendryl

#126 Post by Vaendryl »

Samu-kun wrote:Under Creative Commons, the specific license for Sunrider is Attribution-Noncommercial-Sharealike. If you use any Sunrider assets, then you can't sell your work.

The license in github might just be a boilerplate license that's there by default, because I don't think anyone actually put that there.
github aksed me to pick a licence and that one seemed closest to what it should be, as I had no idea. seemed better than nothing, i.a.c.