★Remembrance [Fantasy|Adventure?|Otome] - [ DEMO DL ] - QP5

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
lemonscent
Regular
Projects: Remembrance:)

★Remembrance [Fantasy|Adventure?|Otome] - [ DEMO DL ] - QP5

#1 Post by lemonscent »

... misleading title is misleading.

Soul eaters are evil. They're vicious. At least, that's what everyone has been told.
And Lisette Lucien is out to exterminate them with her beloved scythe.
But if, by some terrible twist in fate, Lisette becomes a soul eater herself... what will she do? What can she do?

It should be obvious by now that somebody's going to turn into a soul eater in this VN, and that somebody ain't me.

[ DOWNLOAD | MIRROR ]
[Demo Notes]: First off, there are new questions! It would be really helpful if you could answer them. But please don't look at them until after you finish the demo so that the questions don't bias you lol. Also, the demo doesn't really have... a plot... so you might find it a bit boring;;. For the most part, the demo just sets the scene, introduces the characters, and provides some not-so-subtle instances of foreshadowing. The actual story begins once you enter a route! x) The choices you make only change which route you get, but once you enter a route, some choices will affect the overall story. Also, I'd like everyone to know that the demo isn't finalized. I made some major changes last-minute that probably aren't written as solidly as they could be. In any case, I'd like to thank everyone who helped proofread!

[Introduction]: Hello! LemonScent here. The pictures may not load right away, and sorry about that. Anyway, because I'm a horrible, horrible artist (and it doesn't help that my scanner broke/I don't have a tablet), I'm currently using stock sprites and backgrounds. Fortunately, Kairunotabi offered to draw both the sprites and CGs! Yay! So the sprites should change... eventually. However, don't let this dissuade you from playing ★Remembrance once it's finished! The VN will be 100% free, so it's not like playing it will cost anything... aside from time, anyway. But since you're obviously on these forums, you'll hopefully have some time to kill, right? It's my first VN, so wish me luck:)

[Genre]: First off, ★Remembrance will be an otome game with three "obtainable guys", so romance is obviously present. You might be wondering why the heck there's a question mark next to "adventure" in the title. That's because some routes have adventure, while others don't! There will be three main routes, depending on the guy you go for, and each route is sadly quite different. Spoilers (sort of) below, but you can still look:
Minho's route is the most adventure-heavy, as it focuses on Minho and Lisette as they go on a journey to turn her back into a human.
Jay's route focuses on the effect and aftermath of the fight between the humans and the soul eaters.
Sunny's route focuses on Lisette and Sunny as they attempt to learn more about the mysterious star in the legends.
[Main Characters]:

✖ Eighteen years old
✖ Playful, but can be thoughtful
✖ Skilled with a sword
✖ Lisette's partner for exterminating soul eaters
✖ Seventeen years old
✖ A bit insensitive and unthoughtful
✖ Handy with a battle scythe
✖ Obsessive about her pride

✖ Sixteen years old
✖ Kind and cheerful
✖ Helps manage the royal library
✖ Lisette's childhood friend
✖ Eighteen years old
✖ Cold demeanor
✖ A prodigy at healing
✖ Scarily intuitive

[Progress]:
✓ STORY → 100%
✖ SCRIPT → 20%
✖ SPRITES → 0%
✖ GUI→ 30%
✖ CGS→ 0%
✓ BACKGROUNDS → 100%
✖ BGM / SFX → 30%

[Thanks to]:
TOKUDAYA → The sprites
NUXILL → Dialogue box
REN'PY → Platform (no duh LOL)
Kairunotabi → CGs/Sprites
OokamiKasumi → Backgrounds
Arachni42 → Proofreading
Mimirose → Proofreading
Malgagliati → Proofreading
Jghibiki → Proofreading
Kokoro Hane → Proofreading

[Miscellaneous]:In case you're wondering, there's a reason for the star in front of 'remembrance' in the title. However, the star will only truly be explained in Sunny's route, although it will be mentioned briefly in Minho's route as well. Eek! Sorry. But anyway, I mentioned before that the star in front of Remembrance in the title is gratuitous/silent. I changed my mind. The VN is now pronounced Star Remembrance! Yay! Please find it in your hearts to forgive--- /shot

[New Questions4You]:
✖ Was the info-dump too much, esp. at the prologue?
✖ Was Lisette's angst believable? I've heard multiple opinions on this.
✖ Any suggestions for the full VN?
✖ What are your thoughts on the demo?
✖ Anything else?

I'm currently looking for a [free or very cheap] GUI artist, and possibly a colorist. Thanks:)
Last edited by lemonscent on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:07 am, edited 29 times in total.
★Remembrance - a WIP
소중했던 내 사람아 이젠 안녕❣ (안녕 안녕 이젠 안녕)

nankaimo
Regular
Completed: Lolita Dress up Game, Feather Promises
IRC Nick: Ems

Re: ★Remembrance [Fantasy|Adventure?|Otome|GxB]

#2 Post by nankaimo »

✖ Will you play the demo once it's out? - Yes C:
✖ Will you play the actual VN once it's out? - ABSOLUTELY YESS
✖ Does the concept of the VN (not that I really went over it, but still) interest you? - It does C: I love the concept of a demon fighter (who becomes a demon?) It sounds great
✖ If I set up an IndieGoGo to help me buy CGs, will you donate a dollar or two? /shot - Gah I'm really tight with money right now : / I'm actually is trying to get commissions right now.
✖ Lisette will probably be a personality-based MC (although there will be lots and lots of choices to help decide the ending). Would you prefer a self-insert MC? - I think whatever you choose is for the best C: I don't mind either way!
✖ If you read the "spoiler" (shame on you for reading it, but shame on me for providing it), which route interests you the most? - LOL I DIDN"T READ THE SPOILERRRR @v@ //okaymabieIglancedatit

Ah I would love to contribute to your CGs ;v;; but I'm pinched on time and I suck at backgrounds. I have a feeling this game is going to turn out great though!! The art of the characters is wonderful C: and the guys all look so hot *u*! Good luck it looks awesome so far!

lemonscent
Regular

#3 Post by lemonscent »

nankaimo wrote:✖ Will you play the demo once it's out? - Yes C:
✖ Will you play the actual VN once it's out? - ABSOLUTELY YESS
✖ Does the concept of the VN (not that I really went over it, but still) interest you? - It does C: I love the concept of a demon fighter (who becomes a demon?) It sounds great
✖ If I set up an IndieGoGo to help me buy CGs, will you donate a dollar or two? /shot - Gah I'm really tight with money right now : / I'm actually is trying to get commissions right now.
✖ Lisette will probably be a personality-based MC (although there will be lots and lots of choices to help decide the ending). Would you prefer a self-insert MC? - I think whatever you choose is for the best C: I don't mind either way!
✖ If you read the "spoiler" (shame on you for reading it, but shame on me for providing it), which route interests you the most? - LOL I DIDN"T READ THE SPOILERRRR @v@ //okaymabieIglancedatit

Ah I would love to contribute to your CGs ;v;; but I'm pinched on time and I suck at backgrounds. I have a feeling this game is going to turn out great though!! The art of the characters is wonderful C: and the guys all look so hot *u*! Good luck it looks awesome so far!
Thank youu:) And it's okay about the CGs xD A lot of artists are really busy and stuff. And lol oh the spoiler isn't that... spoilery? (idk the word Q_Q) in the first place.
★Remembrance - a WIP

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#4 Post by Kato »

I don't know what it is about a scythe wielding heroine that sounds so appealing. Gods knows that may be the only reason I managed to sit through all of Soul Eater when I watched it :lol: Anyway, this has caught my attention!

You may want to put the indiegogo idea on the back burner for now though. The reason being, with not only a fully planned story but a working demo (eventually), you may find that there are artists that may offer to draw you unique sprites and CGs.

Anyway, ill be looking forward to the demo coming out! :)
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

nankaimo
Regular

#5 Post by nankaimo »

Thank youu:) And it's okay about the CGs xD A lot of artists are really busy and stuff. And lol oh the spoiler isn't that... spoilery? (idk the word Q_Q) in the first place.
;v;; I read the spoiler and I have to say I LOVE how each of their story lines are different and each focus on something different
I can't decide if I like Minho or Sunny better
I think I like Minho//drools *v*
Is that your original art?

I'd love to help though if you need any opinions on anything or anything let me know C: !

lemonscent
Regular

#6 Post by lemonscent »

Kato wrote:I don't know what it is about a scythe wielding heroine that sounds so appealing. Gods knows that may be the only reason I managed to sit through all of Soul Eater when I watched it :lol: Anyway, this has caught my attention!

You may want to put the indiegogo idea on the back burner for now though. The reason being, with not only a fully planned story but a working demo (eventually), you may find that there are artists that may offer to draw you unique sprites and CGs.

Anyway, ill be looking forward to the demo coming out! :)
Haha, thanks a lot! xD Somehow the scythe is my favorite weapon (even though people have told me a scythe would be worthless in IRL combat). Whenever I see a scythe-wielder class in an MMO, it's usually the first class I go for.

And as for the Indiegogo idea, it's just something I was half considering since I know a lot of artists are busy and all, but I probably won't make an IGG campaign unless I get really, really desperate.
nankaimo wrote:;v;; I read the spoiler and I have to say I LOVE how each of their story lines are different and each focus on something different
I can't decide if I like Minho or Sunny better
I think I like Minho//drools *v*
Is that your original art?

I'd love to help though if you need any opinions on anything or anything let me know C: !
Again, thanks! And omg no, I wish Q~Q. I think I mentioned somewhere up there that those sprites are from a stock sprite site called Tokudaya. You see sprites from that site somewhat often in these forums, although most people are pro enough at drawing that they can draw their own.
★Remembrance - a WIP

nankaimo
Regular

#7 Post by nankaimo »

Again, thanks! And omg no, I wish Q~Q. I think I mentioned somewhere up there that those sprites are from a stock sprite site called Tokudaya. You see sprites from that site somewhat often in these forums, although most people are pro enough at drawing that they can draw their own.
Oh yeah I've heard of that site before XD but I can't read Japanese so I don't know my way around it haha.

lemonscent
Regular

#8 Post by lemonscent »

nankaimo wrote:
Oh yeah I've heard of that site before XD but I can't read Japanese so I don't know my way around it haha.
Oh I used the chrome translator thing to find the sprites. I don't know Japanese, either. The sprites are under the "sozai" circle button.
★Remembrance - a WIP

nankaimo
Regular

#9 Post by nankaimo »

Oh I used the chrome translator thing to find the sprites. I don't know Japanese, either. The sprites are under the "sozai" circle button.
Mwahaha Now I'm going to go and do that CX

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#10 Post by Kato »

lemonscent wrote:Haha, thanks a lot! xD Somehow the scythe is my favorite weapon (even though people have told me a scythe would be worthless in IRL combat). Whenever I see a scythe-wielder class in an MMO, it's usually the first class I go for.

And as for the Indiegogo idea, it's just something I was half considering since I know a lot of artists are busy and all, but I probably won't make an IGG campaign unless I get really, really desperate.
I do the exact same thing, haha. If you get to the point of releasing a full demo and still need sprites/CGs/BGs/audio/ect, I can probably help you out with it. I might give Accountant-San a heart attack if she learns i've commited to funding another project just yet though :lol:

But yeah, either way the projects caught my eye, ill be looking forward to it!
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Moon20
Regular

#11 Post by Moon20 »

[Questions4You]:
✖ Will you play the demo once it's out?
Yes i whould play the demo When is comes out
✖ Will you play the actual VN once it's out?
Yes i whould play the game When is out
✖ Does the concept of the VN (not that I really went over it, but still) interest you?
Yes this game so awasome out,so i cant wait to play this game
✖ If I set up an IndieGoGo to help me buy CGs, will you donate a dollar or two? /shot
I whis i could but i cant, since this game so awasome out
✖ Lisette will probably be a personality-based MC (although there will be lots and lots of choices to help decide the ending). Would you prefer a self-insert MC?
No Lisette as personality-base MC sound good to me
✖ If you read the "spoiler" (shame on you for reading it, but shame on me for providing it), which route interests you the most? The adventure rute

lemonscent
Regular

#12 Post by lemonscent »

Kato wrote:
lemonscent wrote:Haha, thanks a lot! xD Somehow the scythe is my favorite weapon (even though people have told me a scythe would be worthless in IRL combat). Whenever I see a scythe-wielder class in an MMO, it's usually the first class I go for.

I do the exact same thing, haha. If you get to the point of releasing a full demo and still need sprites/CGs/BGs/audio/ect, I can probably help you out with it. I might give Accountant-San a heart attack if she learns i've commited to funding another project just yet though :lol:

But yeah, either way the projects caught my eye, ill be looking forward to it!
Lol oh thanks! XD
Moon20 wrote:[Questions4You]:
Yes i whould play the demo When is comes out
Yes i whould play the game When is out
✖ Does the concept of the VN (not that I really went over it, but still) interest you?
Yes this game so awasome out,so i cant wait to play this game
✖ If I set up an IndieGoGo to help me buy CGs, will you donate a dollar or two? /shot
I whis i could but i cant, since this game so awasome out
✖ Lisette will probably be a personality-based MC (although there will be lots and lots of choices to help decide the ending). Would you prefer a self-insert MC?
No Lisette as personality-base MC sound good to me
✖ If you read the "spoiler" (shame on you for reading it, but shame on me for providing it), which route interests you the most? The adventure rute
Oh thanks for the comment! :) Hope you enjoy the demo&game once I manage to finish them ;o
★Remembrance - a WIP

Moon20
Regular

#13 Post by Moon20 »

Your very welcome lemonscent, I'm big fan of your game now and I'm cheering for you to finish this game

Mimrose
Regular
Projects: Bitter Honey (Writer)

#14 Post by Mimrose »

✖ Will you play the demo once it's out? Definitely! I really think it looks interesting!
✖ Will you play the actual VN once it's out? Yes!~
✖ Does the concept of the VN (not that I really went over it, but still) interest you? I like games with a fantasy/adventure component, so it does sound interesting to me! (Even though some of the routes may not have adventure, I still am excited to check it out!)
✖ If I set up an IndieGoGo to help me buy CGs, will you donate a dollar or two? /shot Depends on the quality of the CG, as well as the number of CGs
✖ Lisette will probably be a personality-based MC (although there will be lots and lots of choices to help decide the ending). Would you prefer a self-insert MC? I normally like when you can insert your own name, but it's not an extremely big point for me. (With or without the choice, I'd still happily try it out!)
✖ If you read the "spoiler" (shame on you for reading it, but shame on me for providing it), which route interests you the most? I glanced at the spoiler, but I think I will be interested in all of the routes based on their personalities that you described :D

Need a writer or editor? Check out my recruitment page here! (Currently accepting short edit jobs, but closed as a writer)

Visit my tumblr for reviews about otome games, smexy pixel men, random reblogs, and fanfics! :D [/color]

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#15 Post by merdeamour »

-Oh yeah :D Romance with adventure? Count me in (:
-If I like the demo enough, I will.
-One word-- adventure. Of course it interests me <3
✖ If I set up an IndieGoGo to help me buy CGs, will you donate a dollar or two?
-I don't have the means to, sadly ):
-Not really. How you write the story and make it out to be something that will intrigue me will be the main point on which I'll be judging it xD
✖ If you read the "spoiler" (shame on you for reading it, but shame on me for providing it), which route interests you the most?
-All of them look interesting, although Sunny's sounds the most... intimidating to play. I'll definitely be playing his route first.

And, good luck with this! I'll be cheering you on (:
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!