---------------------

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Re: Sierra Ops [Space Theme][BxG][Semi-action RPG]

#16 Post by Samu-kun »

So it sounds kinda like Gratuitous Space Battles mixed with FTL seen from a horizontal scrolling perspective. I like the idea of controlling a massive battleship in real time battles. Reroute all power to main cannon!

So, I guess another important question now that you have heroines is, are there gonna be sexy CGs?

Jason
Regular
Completed: Sierra Ops Episode 1 and 2, Rising Angels: Reborn (Some CGs)
Projects: Sierra Ops, Muv-Luv Kickstarter
Organization: Innomen Team

Re: Sierra Ops [Space][War][BxG][Gameplay + VN]

#17 Post by Jason »

Samu-kun wrote:So it sounds kinda like Gratuitous Space Battles mixed with FTL seen from a horizontal scrolling perspective. I like the idea of controlling a massive battleship in real time battles. Reroute all power to main cannon!

So, I guess another important question now that you have heroines is, are there gonna be sexy CGs?
Hi Samu-kun,

It depends on the beta testers' feedback to the story;
if they see no harm adding them(and is still fine after adding them), why not?

However, since we're submitting it to Steam, we should consider avoiding potential risks.
Adding the CGs is quite a decisive matter, as it might prevent the game from getting accepted.*

But if we go for the Amagami style romance (where the majority is light romance, and there are just special scenes that "imply" something did happen or about to happen), might be acceptable.**

We'll look up to the legal matters with Steam/Desura.
We may have to find ways like hosting patches only available to our site if there's no other choice.

As the game producer, it's really hard to decide for now.

But this is my piece of mind, me alone, excluding my team:
In my opinion, Space theme's audience are mostly male,
so I believe it's really natural to add decent romance for a satisfying experience.
I just think that it's not a harmful element to integrate to a space game at all.
I mean, several western RPGs did it and they even involve different races,
why can't we?
I really believe it just boils down to discrimination against anime if this got rejected.

For others, TL;DR:
We'll see as we finish the game.

*The community there's pretty much like Dota2/FPS gamers or /v/ in general after all...

**For those who are concerned, we didn't add the girls for the sake of having girls.
They're all useful, and plays a vital role to help ensure the missions' success.
You also have to build interest otherwise they'll likely ignore you for the rest of the game.
Innomen Team Presents: Sierra Ops

We're a very small team of developers from all over the world, with most of the founding members in Philippines.

Jason
Regular

Re: Sierra Ops [Space Theme][BxG][Semi-action RPG]

#18 Post by Jason »

pickle131 wrote:I haven't played the original, but wow the art looks incredible!
Thanks, your songs are awesome by the way! :)

We're a very small team of developers from all over the world, with most of the founding members in Philippines.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Re: Sierra Ops[Space][War][BxG][Game x VN]

#19 Post by Samu-kun »

You know, it's pretty easy to have two versions if Steam doesn't approve it. ;)

Jason
Regular

#20 Post by Jason »

Samu-kun wrote:You know, it's pretty easy to have two versions if Steam doesn't approve it. ;)
Well damn if they rejected it.
I'll have to convince my team to submit to
dlsite
if that happens :D

edit:I'm just kidding by the way. The game's semi-voiced and I don't want to be killed by the female VAs and their boyfriends lol.
Last edited by Jason on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

G3rman

#21 Post by G3rman »

Those beta testers are lucky people. The game is looking great! Excited to hear more about what kind of characters we are looking at, specifically the heroines.

Talann
Regular
Projects: Shooting Stars, REBORN

#22 Post by Talann »

The art is beautiful and the plot is interesting. Can't wait.

Jason
Regular

#23 Post by Jason »

Mini Update:
The bridge design of Sierra.
I'm coloring it at the moment along with the final stage for the demo/alpha.

We're finally done with the four stages and another one that's in progress,
Then it's all what we need for the stage artwork for demo/alpha.
I will proceed to CGing next.
G3rman wrote:Those beta testers are lucky people. The game is looking great! Excited to hear more about what kind of characters we are looking at, specifically the heroines.
Thanks! :)

The character profiles will most likely be up by the time the alpha/demo is released,
hopefully by the end of the month.
The Beta phase will take a while til we get there,
but we'll keep pushing through!

Jason
Regular

#24 Post by Jason »

Update:
The last stage background for our demo, the Mondshire Headquarters located at the Earth's Moon. (Click for larger size)
This is a collaboration between me and our ship/concept artist.
With this, we're now working on the remaining interiors and CGs left for the demo.

"Fleet Command, we're happy to announce that we'll have Tina Kim as our new voice actor for one of the characters."
"She will also be singing for our opening song, and the admins at InnoMen Productions are really excited with this development."
"I believe Colin will do a good job with Tina in producing awesome music." :)
"Claine, out."
Last edited by Jason on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

megatuga
Regular
Projects: 6 days (name subject to change)

#25 Post by megatuga »

Oh wow. I have to worship whoever did those backgrounds and the ship designs.
I am not much of a sucker for space battleship war genre but It's sci-fi... I can't be picky. Especially since one of my favorite games has the same genre and is one that I love although it's more of an horizontal shooter. Which is why I am having difficulty understanding the concept of how are we going to play the battles in this game. I better try out the demo. I just hope that it's not strategy-heavy like every single sci-fi MMO in the universe... orz

Anyway, I'm definitively going to follow this game and see how it goes. Looks fairly interesting to my tastes which is already an accomplishment in my book.

Jason
Regular

#26 Post by Jason »

megatuga wrote:Oh wow. I have to worship whoever did those backgrounds and the ship designs.
I am not much of a sucker for space battleship war genre but It's sci-fi... I can't be picky. Especially since one of my favorite games has the same genre and is one that I love although it's more of an horizontal shooter. Which is why I am having difficulty understanding the concept of how are we going to play the battles in this game. I better try out the demo. I just hope that it's not strategy-heavy like every single sci-fi MMO in the universe... orz

Anyway, I'm definitively going to follow this game and see how it goes. Looks fairly interesting to my tastes which is already an accomplishment in my book.
Thanks, we'll be releasing a trailer by the end of the month showing bits of the gameplay.

Also, we updated the character designs and story in our website. Please check it out! :)
http://innomenpro.com/story/
http://innomenpro.com/characters/

G3rman

Re: Sierra Ops[Space][War][BxG][Game x VN] 8/23/2013

#27 Post by G3rman »

So, does that mean Jean Brookes is a romance heroine? Any reason on the updated designs? Hers is particularly radical, but I like it!

Jason
Regular

#28 Post by Jason »

G3rman wrote:So, does that mean Jean Brookes is a romance heroine? Any reason on the updated designs? Hers is particularly radical, but I like it!
Yes, Major Brookes is one of the lead heroines and has her own route. The revisions are necessary since the previous designs didn't fit their personality and there were no consistencies for the United Terran Vanguard (UTV) color scheme for the uniforms.

I'm pretty glad that she looks a lot more in character now - A strict, respected leader.
I believe making her older and mature as well is the right thing to do. :D

Jason
Regular

#29 Post by Jason »

Hello, I've updated the thread description/giving it a bit more friendly feel xD, also, we're almost done with our trailer video.
I hope we can make it by the end of the month!

SHiNKiROU
Regular

#30 Post by SHiNKiROU »

Looks interesting. Looking forward to the trailer and demo. (I'm making a space sci fi in Unity too)