Re: Update!Sakura Blossoms-A Sacred Promise Cancelled?

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Re: Update!Sakura Blossoms-A Sacred Promise Cancelled?

#1 Post by Fenrir34 »

Update-Sakura Blossoms might be Cancelled. I was trying to upload another game from renpy in Build Distributions and I got a script error saying I had multiple files. I tried to find them but couldn't . I then thought that since I had at least two renpy systems that I should delete one. I did that and Sakura Blossoms was on it. So I'm sorry to anyone who wanted to play. I don't know if I can rewrite it :cry:

I'd like to actually think this is my first Novel. It's a Kinetic Novel. I took a break from my fantasy one and thought it would be better to practice with this one. I worked hard on this game and once I'm finished all I have to do is the editing. I really would like some CG'S but I would need someone to help me with that. I think about 2 or 3 three is all.

I don't know how interested people our in KN's but I hope that some would like to read this. It may not be perfect but it's the first one that I'm about to finish.

Anyway I'll update when I'm closer to my goal. For those that are interested in it, I will be grateful. If it does alright I might make an alternate version with more characters and romance options.

Plot-Sora has always been picked on by her high school delinquent Jun Ryuuga. When he suddenly confesses to her however she can't believe what he is saying and thinks it's just some joke. Sora however remembers that she must learn to forgive and decides to be his friend. But once Jun is in her life, things begin to change for her friends and family, and the horrible secret revolving around her parent's death comes to light

Characters
(Sora's Sprite thanks to harajukulolita)
Sora_very happy.png
Sora-The main character. A former fighter who took a oath never to fight again after fighting her enemy Naru. She has a rather defensive personality and doesn't have much faith in herself. She is afraid of love and at times doesn't open up to people. Despite that she tries to see the goodness in others and not judge.

jun_blushing .png
Jun-Our main hero. Jun is a delinquent at school and constantly pranks Sora. Though seemingly tough and distant, Jun is actually a nice guy who wishes that Sora would returned his feelings. He has something to do with her dark past and is afraid she'll remember it.

ayumi_happy.png
Ayumi-Sora's best friend. She is Sora's 'ray of hope' as Sora relies on her very much. This causes Ayumi to have some difficulty to truly express herself to Sora. Shy, kind, and smart, Ayumi tries to help others. She has some sort of connection with Kenichi.
kenichi_smiling.png
Kenichi-The popular boy in Sora's school who Sora greatly admires. Sora considers him a good friend and is aware of how Ayumi feels for him. Kenichi also has a past with Jun, and is on bad terms with him.

minori_blushing.png
Minori-Sora's eccentric sister who took care of Sora after their parents died. She has a rather big chest and at times embarrasses Sora, though not on purpose. Overall she is a caring and loving sister who wants Sora to find happiness.

Juichi_smiling.png
Juichi-Jun's Home Ec teacher. He is a very emotional man who loves all his students, though when it comes to women he can be kind of a jerk. He is madly in love with Minori.

naru smiling.png
Naru-Sora's enemy who hates Sora after the beat she gave her. She tries to make Sora's life a misery. She has a crush on Kenichi, though he never shows it back.

Screen Shots
screenshot0011.png
screenshot0010.png
screenshot0009.png

Credits
Story-Fenrir34
Script-Fenrir34
Pictures for characters- Blue Forest and tokudaya
Bg's-Mao Space

Current Progress:
Story: 100%
Script: 80%
BG's: 100%
CGs:About 2 or three are needed. If anyone is willing to help me with them then that would be nice. Please PM me if you are interested. If not, oh well.
Music:100
Game Length-TBA
Editing-Needs to be done.
Words-Right now the game has about 32,000
Last edited by Fenrir34 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:01 am, edited 7 times in total.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Sakura Blossoms-A Sacred Promise (GXB)(Romance/Drama)

#2 Post by fleet »

I wish you success in making your KN.
I can't help you with CGs as my choice of art medium doesn't match yours, but you might want to mention how many CGs you'll need.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Fenrir34 »

fleet wrote:I wish you success in making your KN.
I can't help you with CGs as my choice of art medium doesn't match yours, but you might want to mention how many CGs you'll need.

Thank you for being interested and thanks for the advice. :)

Kami
Regular
Deviantart: sevowen
Github: KamiShepard

#4 Post by Kami »

Sounds interesting, will it have voice covers?
Programming: C/C++, Java, PHP, SQL, Pyhon, JavaScrip, XHTML, CSS
AniVita Games | DeviantArt
Honest Critique

harajukulolita
Regular
Completed: None so far!
Projects: Currently working on... Starlight Wishes
Tumblr: loli-studio
Deviantart: harajukulolita

#5 Post by harajukulolita »

Nice, artwork. I guess it would be interesting doing the CG's but I would have to know how many you want and specifically what you want. You can check out some of my art on http://harajukulolita.deviantart.com. The problem is I haven't put up most of my anime or digital work but my style is versatile. Just PM if you're still interested :mrgreen:

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Fenrir34 »

Kami wrote:Sounds interesting, will it have voice covers?

Wish it would but I don't think so since it's my first game. Maybe it will but I'm not sure?

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Fenrir34 »

harajukulolita wrote:Nice, artwork. I guess it would be interesting doing the CG's but I would have to know how many you want and specifically what you want. You can check out some of my art on http://harajukulolita.deviantart.com. The problem is I haven't put up most of my anime or digital work but my style is versatile. Just PM if you're still interested :mrgreen:

It's alright right if the art work isn't like the art work in the game. I know it's hard to draw that style. I'm grateful that your even considering it :)

BrokenAngel75
Regular

#8 Post by BrokenAngel75 »

Sounds like a fun game. I hope you can get it out there

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#9 Post by Ran08 »

It looks nice. :) Jun's sprite is kinda common already but that's alright, he seems cute and interesting. Hahaha. ^^ I do have one question though. Is that the final look for the textbox? It doesn't seem to fit with the overall feel of the screen but... maybe that's just me. :))

Anyway, good luck on this! :)

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Fenrir34 »

Ran08 wrote:It looks nice. :) Jun's sprite is kinda common already but that's alright, he seems cute and interesting. Hahaha. ^^ I do have one question though. Is that the final look for the textbox? It doesn't seem to fit with the overall feel of the screen but... maybe that's just me. :))

Anyway, good luck on this! :)
I know. His sprite has been used quite a bit and since I can't draw it's hard for me to make different ones. I more of a coder and programmer. And now that I finally know how to change the text boxes it'll be different.
I understand what you mean by that . :D

MarineScripter
Regular
Projects: Modus Operandi
Organization: Oceanic Eden Productions

#11 Post by MarineScripter »

The art style for a lot of the sprites look a little BxG to me, but overall the game seems promising. The premise is simple, but I like it.
The text box, as I agree, does seem a little out of place. Perhaps a different color would suit better but as this is just a preview, it'll be interesting seeing the updates.

compositionc

#12 Post by compositionc »

It's a simple premise, I think, but it has a lot of promise and heart to it. I look forward to the completed game! If you ever need help with editing, I can do some.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Fenrir34 »

MarineScripter wrote:The art style for a lot of the sprites look a little BxG to me, but overall the game seems promising. The premise is simple, but I like it.
The text box, as I agree, does seem a little out of place. Perhaps a different color would suit better but as this is just a preview, it'll be interesting seeing the updates.

You're right. I need to find a good text box that fits the story and I think I have it. Thanks for being interested btw :)

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Fenrir34 »

An update for Sora

BrokenAngel75
Regular

#15 Post by BrokenAngel75 »

Fenrir34 wrote:An update for Sora
I must say that I like Sora's style :lol: