Triple the Fun: Discord X Twilight Sparkle x Spike Eng. VN

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

Triple the Fun: Discord X Twilight Sparkle x Spike Eng. VN

#1 Post by Watercolorheart »

This is an ongoing project in development and someone twisted my arm to be more active in its production so here we go again... RIDE NEVER ENDS

My pony got no business looking this hot!
Attachments
BCSexehascrashed.jpg
I'm not even the same person anymore

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Triple the Fun: Discord X Twilight Sparkle x Spike Eng.

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

One amusing aspect of fandom is looking for that One True Pairing, or that One True Threesome. Sometimes it's nearly impossible to justify it with canon events/characterization, and so it's necessary to invent a what if scenario or an alternate universe. (I say this having been active in a good number of fandoms, and having made foolish mistakes such as arguing about shipping...)

Anyway, I'm curious as to what you intend to do with your fan game.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

Re: Triple the Fun: Discord X Twilight Sparkle x Spike Eng.

#3 Post by Watercolorheart »

gekiganwing wrote:One amusing aspect of fandom is looking for that One True Pairing, or that One True Threesome. Sometimes it's nearly impossible to justify it with canon events/characterization, and so it's necessary to invent a what if scenario or an alternate universe. (I say this having been active in a good number of fandoms, and having made foolish mistakes such as arguing about shipping...)

Anyway, I'm curious as to what you intend to do with your fan game.
This one is a great breakdown from the HS fandom on "shipping": http://dizzy.pestermom.com/?p=trollquadrants

I need more ballasts in the pale quadrant in my life (Lauren Faust, Melanie Herring, Clayton Esau, Gleb Igolnikob, Elliott Belser, Zone and Natsume whose real names I didn't bother digging for, etc) http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004301 but going a bit less meta my plans for the game are going to take place in the Haunted Castle from the Crystal Empires episodes and Twilight Sparkle returns with Spike to the Nightmare room King Sombra made to discover what makes the dark magic work after she comes across a footnote in one of her older books on mind control.

In the room is Discord and things go from there. I still need to do things like remake the backgrounds from MLP, make the sprites, CGs, animations and background music and stuff. I have a huge folder of vectors ready to go but I just take more personal pleasure in doing it myself than tracing someone else's work.

The hardest part is digging deeper to find the passion and self-confidence to continue going when all I want to do is give up...
I'm not even the same person anymore