Rising Angels: Reborn [sci-fi]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

Re: Rising Angels: Reborn [GxG/GxB] [sci-fi]

#16 Post by KomiTsuku »

Fenrir34 wrote:Then I guess you don't have to update. I suppose the only thing to really update about is how close one is to finishing there game :lol:

And ok. That's a really awesome sketch of the ship. Did you do it?"
I'll find something to talk about. There is a plethora of backstory and character stuff to talk about.

Nope, all the background stuff is done by lordless and the character concepts and sprites are done by Fioricca. I'm just here for the food to do the writing.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#17 Post by Fenrir34 »

KomiTsuku wrote:
Fenrir34 wrote:Then I guess you don't have to update. I suppose the only thing to really update about is how close one is to finishing there game :lol:

I'll find something to talk about. There is a plethora of backstory and character stuff to talk about.

Nope, all the background stuff is done by lordless and the character concepts and sprites are done by Fioricca. I'm just here for the food to do the writing.

Oh ok. Well it's very good art and sprites. And as for you're writing, I love that to. That's actually why I like the First Rising angels so much :)

And I'd really like to here your characters back story. That's actually one of the best parts to writing them :lol:

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope

#18 Post by KomiTsuku »

Fenrir34 wrote:
KomiTsuku wrote:

Oh ok. Well it's very good art and sprites. And as for you're writing, I love that to. That's actually why I like the First Rising angels so much :)

And I'd really like to here your characters back story. That's actually one of the best parts to writing them :lol:
I'm glad you've enjoyed it. ^_^

I've been writing this series since before some of the forum members were born. XD I've got plenty of backstories, development tales, and trivia facts for the series to last until the end of time. There is a large number of "first time" characters in the cast, but I don't go into the adventure without knowing the heads of my cast. I'll just have to think which ones I'll have to tell during development.

---------------------------------
In other news, I currently have one editor on-board. I am still looking for a second one. One thing I've learned from the past is that two pairs of eyes are better than one because I'm horribly blind when it comes to my own work. So mine don't count..

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Fenrir34 »

No problem :D and that's cool.
How do you plan out you're story and paths? Do you write them down or just go with it?

I ask this because I'm having trouble with my Glass Heart Game. I just went with the flow in Sakura Blossoms because I already had the idea in my head well. But with Glass Heart, I can't really think of how to progress the story.

That's sadly been a problem all my life when I write :(

Einherjar

#20 Post by Einherjar »

After Rising Angels, I'm really excited for this one, definitely. I'm really curious about what happened to everyone between then and now. I guess more so Sol, considering his love got taken from him, haha.

Are there any certain requirements you want/need for the second editor?

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#21 Post by KomiTsuku »

Fenrir34 wrote:No problem :D and that's cool.
How do you plan out you're story and paths? Do you write them down or just go with it?

I ask this because I'm having trouble with my Glass Heart Game. I just went with the flow in Sakura Blossoms because I already had the idea in my head well. But with Glass Heart, I can't really think of how to progress the story.

That's sadly been a problem all my life when I write :(
Let me be the first to tell you I am not a role model when it comes to planning. I rarely write outlines, I tend to let random ideas run rampant, and I let the story guide me instead of the other way. I start out with a core concept ("I want to have a space epic"). Then I decide what sorts of characters I want. I'll think up a couple events and then let the story run loose with the characters deciding what they will do. My knowledge of future events rarely gets more than two scenes ahead of the script. This way I am still interested in the script and I don't miss potential good ideas because I'm married to the outline. This way is dangerous though. You can easily get off-track and end up with a mess of a story. That's how we ended up with RA's very subpar ending. It wasn't supposed to end that way, but I let it get there without stopping it.

RAR has a seven page outline because I was trying to be more detailed for the sake of the other developers. I'm already going off-track from it for the minor scenes. I think it is for the better, but...
Einherjar wrote:After Rising Angels, I'm really excited for this one, definitely. I'm really curious about what happened to everyone between then and now. I guess more so Sol, considering his love got taken from him, haha.

Are there any certain requirements you want/need for the second editor?
While some of the mysteries of what happened in those remaining few months at the academy will be answered, the focus isn't going to be on that. There was a lot I wanted to do with the original RA involving a more dynamic plot, so this is my sedation before I get back into writing school slice of life. XD That, and I'm going into a hiatus for a bit soon because of my job and there was no way I could get a full RA sequel done in time without it being incredibly rushed. That's why this is a very hard deadline.

Know English to a strong enough degree to be able to catch when I end up missing some hyphens or end a sentence midway. I'd also need that person to be able to give me feedback on the plot, characters, and development of the storyline. If there was one single massive amateur mistake I made in RA, it was not having someone look over the script.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Fenrir34 »

Then you are just like me in that sense. For now, for example, I was able to get Daichi's path without to much worry about if it was going to be a mess. But Hiroki's path has already hit that wall and now I'm having some serious trouble about what to do with his story :(

I mean I have it planned out in my head but when it comes to paper, or computer, it feels like all my ideas get jumbled into a big glob of mess. That's one things about writing that is really hard. Your could have all of these ideas but when you go to write them down they feel strange.

I hope that I can finish what I'm doing without having that happen. Still, even if it does, I'm having loads of fun :lol:

Einherjar

#23 Post by Einherjar »

Haha, I understand that writing style completely, sometimes you get some really good writing done that way. And then others...not so much, and it kind of gets away from you at points, more than you originally had planned for it to do. xD
I have so many backed up things I want to write, but so many ideas to go along with the original outline, so you're stuck trying to decide where to start on some of it or even stop on others. Or it tends to sometimes go down this route when I'm writing, because I can't help myself sometimes, lol. :'D

Ah, I see, still excited for it though, even if not everything will end up answered in this one. Good luck with getting everything done!

Unnngh, really tempted to say I would help, but that would sort of kill the surprise of what happens in this one. xD

cladinpink
Regular

#24 Post by cladinpink »

Looks good so far! Kinda sad that you can't romance Azaia though :p

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#25 Post by KomiTsuku »

I can give the tutorial on proper story planning if you really want it. Just because I don't follow the rules doesn't mean I don't know them. If you want to stick with the messy strategy, one tip that would really help you is to just let things flow for a while. Don't try to reshape things or ponder all of the potential routes until all you have are "what ifs". If you let things naturally evolve, you'll learn over time when to step in and adjust the river of plot. It's a tricky mistress, but you'll learn to work with it with time and experience.
cladinpink wrote:Looks good so far! Kinda sad that you can't romance Azaia though :p
Everyone is making poor Komi think he picked the wrong protagonists. XD Why does everybody hate Zuri? I think my little "real warrior" is the most emotionally deep of the bunch. Sadly, Azaia is the one character I didn't consider having a route. Like Maj. Brumford from the first one, I see Azaia married to her rank and dedication. A Vice Commander may be associates, but it would be considered poor discipline to allow such a relationship. Azaia is very hard set with the Force's code on fraternization. Stan, on the other hand, doesn't hold such beliefs, which is why I considered him having a route. And he'll still have one if I can get my writing schedule moving at speed.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#26 Post by Googaboga »

Well if it helps I like Zuri the most out of all the girls ;v;. I haven't played the other game though so I'm just going by the bios and their appearance.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by Fenrir34 »

That's good advice you gave on the writing part. I'll try and see how it goes. I think it'll help me. Thanks and good luck with the game :D

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#28 Post by KomiTsuku »

Googaboga wrote:Well if it helps I like Zuri the most out of all the girls ;v;. I haven't played the other game though so I'm just going by the bios and their appearance.
Only a few characters came from the first one (Faye, Kika, and Sol). Still, I guess that bio doesn't do Zuri much justice.
Fenrir34 wrote:That's good advice you gave on the writing part. I'll try and see how it goes. I think it'll help me. Thanks and good luck with the game :D
If you ever want advice on story development, just ask.

wererat42
Regular

#29 Post by wererat42 »

Since Sol is apparently a love interest in this, could that be taken as an unintentional spoiler that
Faye and Lenna eventually end up together?

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#30 Post by KomiTsuku »

wererat42 wrote:Since Sol is apparently a love interest in this, could that be taken as an unintentional spoiler that
Faye and Lenna eventually end up together?
I hate to be the bad news bear, but the real spoiler is that doesn't happen. Existing canon of the series meant Faye and Lenna were doomed from the start. As fast and loose as I am with my existing canon, certain events still had to happen.