Rising Angels: Reborn [sci-fi]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Einherjar

Re: Rising Angels: Reborn [GxG/GxB] [sci-fi]

#61 Post by Einherjar »

I blame my love for characters like that, honestly. I just have to see how they tick and such, haha. And now I'm really curious as to how it all plays out when you wonder how many will still be Team Stan. xD

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

Re: Rising Angels: Reborn [GxG/GxB] [sci-fi]

#62 Post by KomiTsuku »

Einherjar wrote:I blame my love for characters like that, honestly. I just have to see how they tick and such, haha. And now I'm really curious as to how it all plays out when you wonder how many will still be Team Stan. xD
Any time you leave me alone with the plot, you should be curious.

---------------------------------

Weekly update:

Word count: We had an inspection this week at work. Between the long hours and the constant exaustion, nothing got done. Yeah... I'd apologize for not getting anything done on the script, but my day job pays for all of this. It gets priority.

Sprites: All of the sprites are now done!

CG: No updates on the CGs

Music: We've added a few more tracks. They're pretty good, I think you all will enjoy them.

...yeah. Not a whole lot to update today. I've got a few things I need to look into after getting back a few reviews of the script, but overall things are going quite well.

...so. Yeah. Not sure what else to say here. Stay tuned next week when I have something substantial to say. Until then, here is a piece of pretty art with the two route characters so you won't burn my house down for such a paltry update.
Attachments
RtChars.jpg

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope

Re: Rising Angels: Reborn [GxB] [sci-fi]

#63 Post by KomiTsuku »

It's Sunday again, folks! You know what that means... You don't? Neither do I. Anyway, let's get cracking on that weekly update.

Wordcount: 51,000; I actually got no writing done until today. I think I did roughly 300 of the 5,000 in the first six days of the week. My plan is to finish writing Zuri's route this week and knock out Sol's next week.

Plot: So... remember when I said that we were going to have a yuri route? Well, as I was getting further and further in the route... I just didn't feel it. They are making good friends, but that spark of romance just doesn't seem to be developing between them. Unlike last time when I kept trying to shoehorn it in with a sledgehammer, I'm going to go ahead and let them be friends. Zuri's route is now a friendship route and the game can put on its otome frock now...

Music: We've been licensing a few new songs to help make things sound a little more epic.

CG: There has been a new addition to our CG artist lineup. I want to take a moment and welcome Jason to the project.

Sprites: ...what? They were all done last week.

Coding: I've begun the long and arduous process of adding in all of the music and sprites to the game. Wish my poor brain luck with this dull task.

Misc: Once I finish up Zuri's route and getting the sprites added, I will be looking for testers and proofreaders once again. Expect to see that request next week.

That's it for now. No pretty art update this week. Stay tuned for more excitement and whatnot as we are roughly a month from release.

wererat42
Regular

#64 Post by wererat42 »

Well, I can't imagine many people will be very excited to hear that you've dropped the yuri route.

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#65 Post by Didules »

Well, about Zuri's route being only friendship, I trust your judgement: it's no use putting romance if it feels odd because they seem better as friends. Don't worry too much about that!
Good luck for writing and coding (seems long)
About musics, my only thought would be: "Yay! More epicness!!" :D
Congratulation for getting a new artist in the project!

Well, then, good luck for everything (and see you next week for the next weekly updates :) )

Ophelia
Regular
Completed: tobag
Projects: Kajima

#66 Post by Ophelia »

Well, just having a GxG route just for the sake of having one isn't really better. I would definitely prefer a friendship route instead.

This looks really amazing, I'm looking forward to it!

wererat42
Regular

#67 Post by wererat42 »

@KomiTsuku: It seemed like you were posting on /u/ the other day about Zuri not being completely written off as a love interest. Just wanted to confirm that was really you.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#68 Post by KomiTsuku »

wererat42 wrote:@KomiTsuku: It seemed like you were posting on /u/ the other day about Zuri not being completely written off as a love interest. Just wanted to confirm that was really you.
I confirm nothing that is not released in either this thread or the website. However, I will state that the information stated in said thread is correct. Since day 1 back in 2011, Rising Angels is a primarily yuri series. I know a lot of people are laughing at that statement right now, but I stick to it. Sol (and the secret route) are the only planned GxB routes in the remake. Sol's relationship with Natalie is strong prior to the work, it's already evolved, so I was able to put it into a budding romance early on in the series. Zuri still needs that build-up, so a strong friendship with romantic undertones is the plan for this story. I don't want to force it because...

This is not a romance game with some plot elements, it is an adventure with romance to spice up the plot! Wooing the girl and boy is not my sole focus.

Anyway, I'm busting my butt to make everything flow right. After investing hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars into this, I'm doing everything to make this a good story. I know there is a lot of upset people that Sol is the male romance and Zuri's route is going slower romantically, but I ask that everyone trust me. Contrary to popular belief, I don't make decisions arbitrarily; there is method to my madness. I'm building up to more yuri romances in the follow-up as well. As I keep saying this story was only supposed to be a 20k kinetic novel. I'm sticking with it and growing it out because I see a lot of potential here.

I think everyone is going to be pleasantly surprised.

And if not, it wouldn't be a day in my life if I didn't get hate mail.

Sayashiro
Regular
Projects: Freak-Quency, Cafe Memoria, Amplitude, Spring Breeze, Escape from Puzzlegate, Project Aivisu, All the Pretty Flowers

#69 Post by Sayashiro »

This looks amazing. I really love the art style.
/ Sayaka Mashiro / Voice-Over Artist / Casting Director /
l Website l http://sayashiro.wix.com/sayakamashiro l

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#70 Post by Kyra10 »

I'm really looking forward to this!
I've been stalking this for awhile, but I haven't decided to post a comment until now. ^////^
Good luck!

LliiraAnna
Regular

#71 Post by LliiraAnna »

I don't think you should force the characters to do something they don't want to; it will just feel unnatural. So if you feel that they are better off as friends, it's ok ^^
Good luck with the game~

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

#72 Post by Duskylli »

I agree with LliiraAnna I'd prefer not read a forced relationship so I'm fine with your decision. The spark between Zuri and Natalie wasn't there for me. But I'm more excited the adventure aspect of the story anyways. Can't wait to find out what happens next.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#73 Post by KomiTsuku »

Duskylli wrote:I agree with LliiraAnna I'd prefer not read a forced relationship so I'm fine with your decision. The spark between Zuri and Natalie wasn't there for me. But I'm more excited the adventure aspect of the story anyways. Can't wait to find out what happens next.
It is finally starting to glow as I get closer to the end, but... well, you've read it. Speaking of which, I completely forgot to send my response to your PM. >.<; I've been thinking I was forgetting something.

-------------------------------------------------------
It's time for the weekly report! I bet you all thought I forgot. Well, you'd be right. I'm still here on-time, so it doesn't matter!

Wordcount: 58,000; we are one day's worth of writing from making this longer than Rising Angels: The Red Rose. I don't know if that counts as a success at tenacity or a failure of sticking to development plans on making this short.

Plot: Wrote the second "bad" end for Zuri's route. I don't think it is a bad ending, but it certainly is sad. I should be done with Zuri in the next day or two. Then we move on to Sol.

Music: Just doing all of the conversions to .OGG.

CG: We are 2.5/10 completed.

Sprites: I really need to remove this section from the update... Concept design on the next IDHAS game has been started. Doesn't really relate to this update, but I'm bored and figured that I should add something in this completed category.

Coding: We're over 5.5k lines of dialog. This is a long, bloody death march of coding. Progress is being made and we are growing closer to the end.

Misc: Since Zuri's route is almost completed, I am now looking for reviewers/proofreaders to look at and review the story so far.

There will be a voiced version of the story released a few weeks after the unvoiced version. I want to give a special thanks to Annie Quinn for volunteering to help us with this!

And that concludes my weekly update. Nine weekly updates in a row... Whoooooooo...

To wrap everything up, here's the second ever piece of fan art I've ever received! Thanks, propanoll!
14035009v3.png

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

#74 Post by Duskylli »

KomiTsuku wrote: It is finally starting to glow as I get closer to the end, but... well, you've read it. Speaking of which, I completely forgot to send my response to your PM. >.<; I've been thinking I was forgetting something.
Its ok because I totally forgot about it too- I went on vacation soon after I replied to your pm and was busy doing other things xD

Nice art propano!!

khfan12
Regular
Completed: Clarity, a MH KN
Projects: "With You", Truculence

#75 Post by khfan12 »

KomiTsuku wrote:Misc: Since Zuri's route is almost completed, I am now looking for reviewers/proofreaders to look at and review the story so far.
*raises hand* I volunteer! :D
KomiTsuku wrote:There will be a voiced version of the story released a few weeks after the unvoiced version. I want to give a special thanks to Annie Quinn for volunteering to help us with this!
Cool! :D I'll look forward to that after going through the unvoiced version c:
Image <<My DeviantArt

Kinetic/Visual Novels:
Complete:
Clarity - MH KN- Solo Project
Projects:
With You (working title) - Lead Writer/Concept/ETC
Truculence- Concept Artist, Proofreader