Haruka to Hakuou (HtH) [Horror][Romance][Mystery]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kari-Chan
Projects: The Culprit [On hold]
IRC Nick: Kari-Chan

Re: Haruka to Hakuou (HtH) [Horror][Romance][Mystery]

#16 Post by Kari-Chan »

I could do some programming and voice acting, if you need me.
Katsu!

SONICPHENG

#17 Post by SONICPHENG »

[CLOSED PROJECT]
Last edited by SONICPHENG on Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#18 Post by Ran08 »

I honestly find the story very interesting and I would definitely play this when this comes out, but there is one thing that bothers me. Haruka's age. If these boys are all romance-able characters, then most of them are just way too old for her.

For a 20 year old woman and a 28 year old man, it's alright, but with children, the gap just seems a lot bigger-- huge, even-- because they grow up so fast. A 10 and 12 year old for example have very different ways of thinking. I know because, like all of us, I've been through that stage. Hahaha. At age 11 all I wanted was to play videogames and write stories and draw pictures. Yeah, I know Haruka's different. Still, 3 of these guys aren't even minors anymore! If I get to play this, I think I'm going for the 14-year-old. Hahaha.

Just my two cents.

As for the story and the art though, they're quite beautiful. I am really in love with Japan's culture (looking from the outside haha) and their myths and folklore fascinate me to no end.

I wish you the best of luck in this project. :)

SONICPHENG

#19 Post by SONICPHENG »

[CLOSED PROJECT]
Last edited by SONICPHENG on Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#20 Post by Ran08 »

@SONICPHENG I know. Haha. And I hope you won't take offense at what I said. :) I just find her age too disturbing, and not in an okay-ish sort of way, haha. My personal opinion, that's all. But... I suppose that won't stop me from trying this game out. Even though the story's 50 shades of messed up. And that, I don't mean in a bad way. Hahaha.

Goodluck. :)

Sora-Kuroi
Regular

#21 Post by Sora-Kuroi »

The story is really interesting, and the art is cute! I'll be waiting for this VN! >w<

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#22 Post by silverpikachu99 »

I can't even express how excited I am for this release! Keep up the good work!
i'll cry if you yell at me

aeiou2626

#23 Post by aeiou2626 »

So I've decided to stop lurking for a while to put my thoughts down, haha. First of all, the art is captivating! I'm not sure what it is that I like so much, but bottom line is it's beautiful! Also I had no idea what HALF of these demon types were, so yay for learning! Um, is it bad that I kinda like how she's young...? I'm sorry, it just makes sense! Like, honestly, assuming that either A) youkai have different "rules," for lack of a better term, and that age doesn't really matter (say you have a female who's 1000 years old and a male that's 400, technically the male is a baby compared to the female) or B) this takes place a while back in history. Girls were marriageable at around 12 or 13 and would often be wedded to guys older than them. Or maybe you just decided to make her young, hahaha.

TL;DR I'm super excited for this game! Based off the info given, I think a lot of thought has been put into this. You've got yourself another fan!

SONICPHENG

#24 Post by SONICPHENG »

[CLOSED PROJECT]