Winter Bliss~meeting you~ [KN][RELEASED!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
CatyCats
Regular

Re: Winter Bliss~meeting you~ [KN] [UPDATE PV page 3]

#46 Post by CatyCats »

ooh the pv (i don't know what it stands for ) is really nice! I thought the voice would be different of salju, but i like the voice of Ann <3
the music is so sad :c it fits! Sad story :c kind Ann <3 can't wait for it (i hope it won't be in 9 december or later, exams for me :c)
anyway have fun on releasing it, i wanna play when it releases! :d
Question: Will you do this the same with Black rosette? if yes, i would totally have a faster heartbeat! But its your time <3

TheHappyAsylum
Regular
Projects: Paranormal Detective

#47 Post by TheHappyAsylum »

OmO I have silently watched this for awhile (even before making an account!) and I must say, the pv has me excited to play the game!!

shilkefair
Regular
Completed: Winter Bliss~meeting you~
Projects: Black rosette [VN], Selene

#48 Post by shilkefair »

CatyCats wrote:ooh the pv (i don't know what it stands for ) is really nice! I thought the voice would be different of salju, but i like the voice of Ann <3
the music is so sad :c it fits! Sad story :c kind Ann <3 can't wait for it (i hope it won't be in 9 december or later, exams for me :c)
anyway have fun on releasing it, i wanna play when it releases! :d
PV stands for 'Promotional Video' :D
haha, thank you :D
i think salju voice already fits him well XD
well i guess i'll be releasing it near the end of december if there is no other delay :D
CatyCats wrote:Question: Will you do this the same with Black rosette? if yes, i would totally have a faster heartbeat! But its your time <3
you mean make a PV for Black Rosette? then the answer is...maybe :D

TheHappyAsylum wrote:OmO I have silently watched this for awhile (even before making an account!) and I must say, the pv has me excited to play the game!!
Thank you very much! :D

shilkefair
Regular

#49 Post by shilkefair »

Okay, guys you know that i’ve been developing winter bliss since august and it’s in it’s final stages and i wanted to ask you guys a question what would you do if you have a story and found out that it’s similar to other stories that you just watched?

Because you see, today i just watched Frozen from disney(and it’s a really awesome movie by the way) and as i watched it i notice that winter bliss have some similar aspects like say, in Winter bliss my character name is ANN and in frozen the heroine name is ANNA(how did that happened!?) and ANNA wear braids like ANN(just when ann is little) and they both have similar hair color and it’s about winter as well and there's even some similar dialogues i think.
Well i can’t really tell anymore than this it will spoil the story and what should i do? I don’t want people to (maybe) compare it or say it’s similar to frozen in anyway==” i’m not saying that my story is similar to frozen because it’s not it's different, and mine isn't as awesome as frozenXD they just have a few similarities though, a few.

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#50 Post by Alera »

Aw, I hate when that happens to me! QAQ

I'm not sure what to advise you to do though, I hope someone will have good suggestions ;v;
No matter what you decide, I'm sure your story will be wonderful anyway and I can't wait to read it~
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

shilkefair
Regular

#51 Post by shilkefair »

so it happened to you too?
yeah, thank you though ;v;

oh yeah i almost forgot to say that i don't think i will be able to finish winter bliss in time, so i will delay the release. it's not because of this problem though, i was thinking of delaying the release sometime ago and i forgot to post it here. so i guess it will be release early 2014.

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#52 Post by Didules »

I'll make an honest answer:
I don't like it as well when I find out that something has some similarities with, clearly I don't like it because I'm not happy with myself ("so someone had the same idea, it wasn't that original"). But this is a personnal feeling, maybe you don't feel this disappointed ^^
Besides, when I realize that, generally speaking there are only 3 options:
-to give it up, but it's a shame now that the project has advanced so far...
-to release it as it is, but if you don't feel proud of it, you may lose some of your confidence or just despise it later....
-to rework on it again, but...err.... It takes some time!

Well, then, as a player:
I usually don't mind playing something When I've already seen something a like, because in our world, almost everything has been done, what matters is how you use the clichés/éléments that looks a like in your own way, how you interpret it and what feelings you give to it. If you feel like your story is still your own, I guess that's okay as long as you feel alright with us possibly seeing some similarities.

Good luck for your projects, it's okay to delay the release, many people will still wait for it :)
Have a good day!

CatyCats
Regular

#53 Post by CatyCats »

I haven't watched Frozen yet, seen trailers and covers only, but it never occurred me that she looks like Ann and the name is Anna
but now that you mentioned it she does kinda look like it. But you never heard Frozen in august,and you got your story all sorted out. Your story is original! Its just coincidence that frozen kinda have the same similarities. Besides your story is a background story off that king and their story is a sorta story like of the Bad Icequeen (or something...)
And if you still feel uncomfortable, write it in the Credits that you're story is made in august and released in 2014 ? idk

shilkefair
Regular

#54 Post by shilkefair »

Didules wrote:I'll make an honest answer:
I don't like it as well when I find out that something has some similarities with, clearly I don't like it because I'm not happy with myself ("so someone had the same idea, it wasn't that original"). But this is a personnal feeling, maybe you don't feel this disappointed ^^
Besides, when I realize that, generally speaking there are only 3 options:
-to give it up, but it's a shame now that the project has advanced so far...
-to release it as it is, but if you don't feel proud of it, you may lose some of your confidence or just despise it later....
-to rework on it again, but...err.... It takes some time!

Well, then, as a player:
I usually don't mind playing something When I've already seen something a like, because in our world, almost everything has been done, what matters is how you use the clichés/éléments that looks a like in your own way, how you interpret it and what feelings you give to it. If you feel like your story is still your own, I guess that's okay as long as you feel alright with us possibly seeing some similarities.

Good luck for your projects, it's okay to delay the release, many people will still wait for it :)
Have a good day!
"what matters is how you use the clichés/éléments that looks a like in your own way, how you interpret it and what feelings you give to it."
This is a word of wisdom! Thank you very much for the advise!:D
well, i don't really mind at all after thinking about it more, like you said it's how i interpret it and what feelings i give to it. :D i was just shocked that day i guess, and btw i enjoy watching fozen, it's a good movie to watch with your sister (random):D
thanks again thoug!
CatyCats wrote:I haven't watched Frozen yet, seen trailers and covers only, but it never occurred me that she looks like Ann and the name is Anna
but now that you mentioned it she does kinda look like it. But you never heard Frozen in august,and you got your story all sorted out. Your story is original! Its just coincidence that frozen kinda have the same similarities. Besides your story is a background story off that king and their story is a sorta story like of the Bad Icequeen (or something...)
And if you still feel uncomfortable, write it in the Credits that you're story is made in august and released in 2014 ? idk
yeah, i just realize that Ann look like Anna in forzen when i watched with my sister XD it's a really good movie btw you should watch it, i recommend it!:D (watch with your sister if you have one) because the theme of the story about sisters, and the movie was surprisingly funny and sad at the same time :)

thanks, yeah i guess i will continue it and go through what i started with pride! lol :D

Aseret
Regular

#55 Post by Aseret »

Can't wait til early next year! Your art is absolutely gorgeous and the PV was so enchanting! I really loved it <3 The voice acting was incredible as well! So excited for the release ^^

P.S. Don't worry about it being similar to Frozen. You didn't know and tbh, no story is truly unique. I've seen so many similarities between other stories/games/movies, that it's really common. If you didn't know, it's totally not your fault. The game's your own and I'm sure many would love to play it. I sure would! :)

P.P.S. I followed you on tumblr as aseriaa. After all, I'm a huge fan of yours <3
Last edited by Aseret on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#56 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

I don't think it matters if your game is similar to the movie Frozen. It is something that you worked hard on, and you shouldn't worry about it having similar aspects to Frozen. The ideas for Winter Bliss are yours and you should be proud of your creativity and originality. Before you watched Frozen, you did not know that it was like your game. Nothing should change now, bec

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#57 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

I don't think it matters if your game is similar to the movie Frozen. It is something that you worked hard on, and you shouldn't worry about it having similar aspects to Frozen. The ideas for Winter Bliss are yours and you should be proud of your creativity and originality. Before you watched Frozen, you did not know that it was like your game. Nothing should change now, because you know that your game is your own.

Um, sorry about the similar, unfinished message, just delete it. My keyboard is acting up right now. Sigh.

shilkefair
Regular

#58 Post by shilkefair »

UPDATE 1/27/2014

hey, guys. It's been so long since i've update something, it's progressing slowly.
-The script is done being proofread all thanks to Samantha-chan :D thank you very much for your help!
-In the process of scripting and putting in the fixed script
-Adding a few mini CG
-remake the background
and here are a few screenshot for you guys, enjoy :D
Attachments
screenshot0008.png
screenshot0004.png
screenshot0003.png

Michiyo6918
Veteran
Projects: ╮(╯▽╰)╭

#59 Post by Michiyo6918 »

OMG So excited dnsjkad the art is so gorgeous I can't //leeches to this thread

The PV hit my right into the feel sndjka overall the game gives me such a beautiful and sad at the same time impression ;; 7 ;;

Lemme just stop being a silent stalker and show my face to show you my support HAHa OTL
Tumblr | DA | Honest Critique
“如果那个人是神。
他想渎神。
——【黑匣子】”

shilkefair
Regular

Re: Winter Bliss~meeting you~ [KN] [UP 1/27/2014 pg.5]

#60 Post by shilkefair »

@Michiyo6918
haha, glad you like the PV :)