Stained with Magic - Volume One Released!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Daarkess
Regular
Completed: University Projects (Political Vikings; Hexa Wars; ImaginAlien; Cubo)
Projects: Stained with Magic; Magnicity
Organization: Hikage Studios

Re: Stained with Magic - Playable Prologue+Demo!

#46 Post by Daarkess »

News Updates: 13 February 2016
"So a ghoul walks into a bar...
Bartender says, 'We don't serve ghouls here.'
Ghoul says, 'That's fine. Is the human fresh?' " - Hancock, Fallout 4

Rakugo and Code...
This is actually less important than the next blog post, which will be this upcoming Monday.
But do give it a read to learn our programming methods and about a new interest.
Link: http://stainedwithmagic.hikagestudios.c ... -and-code/
Stained with Magic - Chasing Shadows - - A magic/sci-fi fusion epic split across multiple chapters.

Daarkess
Regular
Completed: University Projects (Political Vikings; Hexa Wars; ImaginAlien; Cubo)

Re: Stained with Magic - Brand New Demo!

#47 Post by Daarkess »

Stained with New Content! Brand New Demo!
With the beta testing not quite ready to go, we feel it's a good time to release a new demo!

The interactive demo is newer than ever, as it contains updates to previously-previewed scenes and also about doubles the amount of content featured.

Download the demo via our website: http://stainedwithmagic.hikagestudios.c ... w-content/
Stained with Magic - Chasing Shadows - - A magic/sci-fi fusion epic split across multiple chapters.

YzzaPizzaIsCheezy
Regular
Completed: Best Friends
Projects: Sweet and Spices (NaNo'16)
Organization: Pastelle Studios, Classical Projects

#48 Post by YzzaPizzaIsCheezy »

1. What are your thoughts about the game’s story and narrative?
- The synopsis is so cool! Like an anime :D
2. Do the main characters interest you?
- Yes! Totally! (Especially Kiyoshi Amaya!)
3. How do you feel about the game’s artwork?
- I feel about the artwork? Looks good though.
4. How do you feel after playing the demo and/or prologue?
- Haven't played yet! XD
5. Are there any additional gameplay elements you think would benefit the game’s appeal?
- Nothing, i guess. :3

Fully support you guys! ^^

Daarkess
Regular

#49 Post by Daarkess »

YzzaPizzaIsCheezy wrote:1. What are your thoughts about the game’s story and narrative?
- The synopsis is so cool! Like an anime :D
- Yes! Totally! (Especially Kiyoshi Amaya!)
- I feel about the artwork? Looks good though.
4. How do you feel after playing the demo and/or prologue?
- Haven't played yet! XD
5. Are there any additional gameplay elements you think would benefit the game’s appeal?
- Nothing, i guess. :3

Fully support you guys! ^^
A big thanks for the support!
Can't wait to hear your opinion once you have played the demo.
(Kiyoshi Amaya is my second favourite character.)

Daarkess
Regular

#50 Post by Daarkess »

News Updates: 27 February 2016
Update Chat!
"It's difficult to change the world on your own, but twisting it a little might not be all that hard." - Oshino Shinobu, Monogatari Series
A quick ‪#‎gamedev‬ update and more chatting about programming.
http://stainedwithmagic.hikagestudios.com/

Daarkess
Regular

#51 Post by Daarkess »

News Updates: 13 March 2016
Mistakes, Beta, and Answers
"People can say what they like about you, but you're a good man. More people should say that. And someone should be willing to defend it." - Captain Flint, Black Sails
A slight error we have overlooked regarding our website, the introduction of our beta, and to answer a fan's question.

mysticichigo
Regular

#52 Post by mysticichigo »

I haven't played the demo yet so these are my initial impressions just from reading the first post. I'll probably make a new post once I've completed the demo.

This seems really cool! I wish I had more to say on that as feedback or something, but I can't think of anything to really critique here.

If by the 'main characters' you mean just the playable ones, hate to say, but I find the NPCs a lot more interesting. That's not to say Ryota or Sophie seem dull: I just find characters like The Listener or the Whispering Shadow to be interesting because there's a lot of mystery surrounding them. I think Alexa seems cool for a similar reason.

You did an awesome coloring job. I have massive issues with actually coloring my line-art without ruining it, so anyone who colors well has my admiration by default. :lol:

I can't answer 4 or 5 without having given it a play-through, so I'm going to start on the demo right now and get back to answer the rest

Daarkess
Regular

#53 Post by Daarkess »

mysticichigo wrote:I haven't played the demo yet so these are my initial impressions just from reading the first post. I'll probably make a new post once I've completed the demo.

This seems really cool! I wish I had more to say on that as feedback or something, but I can't think of anything to really critique here.

If by the 'main characters' you mean just the playable ones, hate to say, but I find the NPCs a lot more interesting. That's not to say Ryota or Sophie seem dull: I just find characters like The Listener or the Whispering Shadow to be interesting because there's a lot of mystery surrounding them. I think Alexa seems cool for a similar reason.

You did an awesome coloring job. I have massive issues with actually coloring my line-art without ruining it, so anyone who colors well has my admiration by default. :lol:

I can't answer 4 or 5 without having given it a play-through, so I'm going to start on the demo right now and get back to answer the rest

Thank you for the feedback thus far! Can't wait to hear what you have to say about the demo.
We went far trying to capture the best of our characters. Glad a few of them have stood out to you. We really wanted our villains to stand out.
And as the person who did a lot of the art, thank you. Always good to see my hard-work pay off.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Daarkess
Regular

#54 Post by Daarkess »

News Updates: 26 March 2016
Khana, and Beta.
"Problems are just opportunities that haven't presented themselves." - Fisk, Daredevil

Today, fan-art, lots of fan-art!

Daarkess
Regular

#55 Post by Daarkess »

News Updates: 24 April 2016
Beta Robots!
"Now you'll face the full might of the Mechanist! Come my robots, let's finish this." - The Mechanist, Fallout 4

I'm back again to draw focus back onto Stained with Magic as we come to the very last push.

Hoosha
Regular

#56 Post by Hoosha »

is there yaoi..

Daarkess
Regular

#57 Post by Daarkess »

Hoosha wrote:is there yaoi..
Officially in the story, not really. But if you read between the lines, there is a bit bro-love between Ryota and Tadou....

(image by Khana)

Daarkess
Regular

#58 Post by Daarkess »

News Updates: 7 May 2016
A fine day for the Witcher...
[Upon discovering a vampire sleeping in a sarcophagus]
Professor: "Bloede glewynn!" [Bloody Hell!]
Geralt: "Vampire. Probably regenerates here."
Vampire: 'Just five more minutes... Is it 1358 yet?"
Geralt: "No..."
Vampire: "Then fuck off." - Witcher III, The Wild Hunt

Other than some brief discussion about the beta and what our final tasks are, this post contains some major news. Our release plans and date!!

Daarkess
Regular

#59 Post by Daarkess »

News Updates: 28 May 2016
A fine day for the Witcher...
Graden: "I thought your mutations cleansed you of your humanity, stripped you of your emotions."
Geralt: "You don't mutations to strip men of their humanity. I've seen plenty of examples." - Witcher III: Wild Hunt

Here we are, the final blog post before release! The team has been getting pumped for the release of our game, which will be on this Tuesday, the 31st.
Art by Khana

Daarkess
Regular

Re: Stained with Magic - Volume One Released!

#60 Post by Daarkess »

News Updates: 16 July 2016
What the Future May Hold...
"Listen to me - if I get in trouble down there, you make every shot count. Yeah?" - Joel, The Last of Us

Download updates, new technology for the game, and Japan!
Stained with Magic Has Been Released
The interactive game is newer than ever, as it contains updates to almost having all of our planned content for the game.

Download the game via our website: http://stainedwithmagic.hikagestudios.com/download/