Full Circle [BxG][School][Romance][Slice of Life][Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: nanaki254's game [BxG][School][Romance][Slice of Life]

#16 Post by Ran08 »

From what I understand in your first post, this will just be like a dating sim? I mean, not exactly a dating sim per se, but... is looking for "the one" the only thing you have to do? Until the third act of course. Haha. :) That's what I'm looking forward to the most.

Ahh, the art is really pretty! <3 Kawaii. Yeah. Haha. They're so cute. They remind me of Japanese art found in mugs and notebooks. Cuuuuuute. :")

Goodluck on this! :)

nanaki254
Regular

#17 Post by nanaki254 »

Ran08 wrote:From what I understand in your first post, this will just be like a dating sim? I mean, not exactly a dating sim per se, but... is looking for "the one" the only thing you have to do? Until the third act of course. Haha. :) That's what I'm looking forward to the most.

Ahh, the art is really pretty! <3 Kawaii. Yeah. Haha. They're so cute. They remind me of Japanese art found in mugs and notebooks. Cuuuuuute. :")

Goodluck on this! :)
And to answer your question, yeah it's like a dating sim. The first act you will get to know the characters, and by selecting how you want to go about (for example, being curious and listen to the music, or go to class), you will end up in different paths.

The demo has been fully coded, so that you will get to experience only one arc (I made it so that no matter what you chose, you will end up with her mainly because the other routes haven't been written out yet). The demo is also going to be released before the thorough edits are done, so there might be awkwardness and such. I plan on releasing that to the public once the art and *hopefully* the music will be done (assuming i can find a composer quickly :| )

The way I structured it, is that in Act 1 you will get an introduction to the main heroines, and in act 2, as you develop an interest in one of them, you will get to learn more as daily life progresses. The third act will focus on the convention, and it won't have much in terms of options - it's all based on how you acted prior.

The one route I could see that would take me a long time to complete would be the online friend. I could get that part done, if everything would be scripted in the online game, but if I plan on making that game unlockable, then it might take a while for me to code it xD

nanaki254
Regular

#18 Post by nanaki254 »

I apologize for not updating this thread as much as I have my facebook page or my blog.

Things are going pretty well, albeit slowly. I plan to have a demo out by Sakuracon (2 weeks).

My friend that's editing and I have been discussing on how we want the demo to look like.

I originally wanted one route, with all possible endings, however this would be done with the unedited script.

My friend suggested that the demo be one route with the good end, but with a more polished script, since a major aspect of a vn is the script.

So now I'm just waiting on that and the art to be done so I can program it so everyone can try out the demo.

The one downside is that I still don't have a composer yet. Anyone I asked never got back to me so I will probably end up using royalty free stuff if I can't get someone on board.

The university will be called Slate University, and the convention is currently called "GAC-Con" (Games / Anime / Comics). I want to mention the staff / enforcers of the con as "GacPo" (referring to the GackPo vocaloid) but that currently is not in the script xD

Here are some background drafts in the meantime!
Convention hall draft
Convention hall draft
Cafe Draft
Cafe Draft
Stadium Draft
Stadium Draft
Park Draft
Park Draft

nanaki254
Regular

#19 Post by nanaki254 »

So it turns out that we finally have a table for Sakuracon...only we were notified about it 5 days prior :(

We are currently trying to create something demo-able as soon as possible, and probably port it to android so people at the con can test it out as well (since there are no outlets for artist alley members)

So far we have buttons for people willing to test it xD
10264437_2281385790670_187841074_n.jpg
10264437_2281385790670_187841074_n.jpg (21.22 KiB) Viewed 2507 times
We finally named the best friend, "Rachel," the musician, "April," and the main character, "Michael."
We also are calling the game "Full Circle."

nanaki254
Regular

Re: Full Circle [BxG][School][Romance][Slice of Life]

#20 Post by nanaki254 »

Sakuracon just finished!
It was really fun and people seemed to have a positive look on the demo I had them test out :)

After a few slight changes to the code, I will plan on releasing it to the public for more feedback :D

The demo will be the majority of Rachel's route, leading up to the good end. I say majority, because some scenes will be omitted (house mate scenes, other classes, etc.). There are not as many options compared to the full route due to the demo being one straight route.

As such, the art is not complete as well. There are only 2 sprites in the demo for Rachel (more will be added in), and there are some temporary backgrounds.
We plan on changing the resolution to make it wide screen to fit the entirety of phones/tablets later on once more content has been put in the visual novel.

nanaki254
Regular

Re: Full Circle [BxG][School][Romance][Slice of Life]

#21 Post by nanaki254 »

Demo thread has been created!

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 45&t=26313

I will still post here for updates on the visual novel and will update that thread for things related to the demo.

juggalojohn
Completed: Escape from the Ronin
Projects: Photo Circle,Game of Life
Organization: Box Studios
Github: juggalojohn

Re: Full Circle [BxG][School][Romance][Slice of Life][Demo]

#22 Post by juggalojohn »

on the android release girl A's house and room dont render( just a white screen)

nanaki254
Regular

#23 Post by nanaki254 »

juggalojohn wrote:on the android release girl A's house and room dont render( just a white screen)
Oh! There are a few temp holders since we were kind of rushed for Sakuracon. Because of that, we couldn't get all the art done for it. The backgrounds for Rachel's place are just temporary holders until we get the art done :)

Sorry about that!

Once I get more edits back, the updated demo will have the backgrounds, and all 3 endings for Rachel.

Thanks for the information and thanks for playing :)

JimG
Regular

#24 Post by JimG »

Hello, I have been playing the demo and find that it is enjoyable so far. The overall quality seems like it will be very good. Please note that I do not create VN or RPG but only play/enjoy them so my comments are not technical in nature. I see that you have dropped the biology lab partner and even then have a fair number of characters participating. One thing I have noticed is that the total number of characters is best kept to a minimum, unless it is a creation with significant resources, in order to keep the VN from becoming way too big. However I really think your outline is good and would like to suggest that you combine the characters in order to take full advantage of your ideas while keeping the game within reasonable limits.
Combine girl A and Girl B , both characters seem kind of similar and it would be a neat twist plus allow double the time for the characters interaction. likewise combine the musician with the Biology lab partner (she has to take a science credit and picked biology at random - both the musician and the main character are shy and thus would end up as lab partners by default). Megan can be the programming student/TA and also is the waitress - this leads to many chances for interaction

My thought is that the pairing would increase the pace of the story. reduce the number of characters by one , and also add opportunities for interactions that could be interesting. Or Not.

Best Regards
Jim

nanaki254
Regular

#25 Post by nanaki254 »

A small update:
We have taken new pictures for backgrounds to be redone. Every background used in the demo, with the exception of the building with the cherry blossoms, was stock photo so this way we can add more of a personal touch rather than relying on other images for backgrounds.

Edits are going slowly due to the editor being busy with her real job.

The next planned demo release will have bug fixes and all the endings for Rachel, but the release date will depend on the editor. Ideally it would have more backgrounds done as well.

On a good note, I might have a composer! He said he will be free starting summer so I can't wait!

My friend said i should start a thread up on 4chan's /v/ though I am kind of hesitant for that.

nanaki254
Regular

#26 Post by nanaki254 »

Just thought I would pop in and give everyone a heads up on my status.

I have finished the entire route of Rachel (with all endings) and it has been edited and programmed. I would like to release it as a demo update, however I have not gotten new art and I am waiting for some sample pieces from the composer.

It wouldn't feel right to update the demo the way it is now, with full text, but not the art or some of the music to back it up, and I hope everyone understands :(

nanaki254
Regular

#27 Post by nanaki254 »

Quick Update:

All of the background art has been done for Rachel's route and I have started to write the musician's (April's) route.

All that needs to be done are sprites and music. If the sprites get done before I get any music I'll release an updated demo then, since it seems like the composer is really busy.

Unless should I wait for the music? He really hasn't told me when he will finish even a track due to school and his job. I think if I don't hear within a month I'll look for someone else.

nanaki254
Regular

#28 Post by nanaki254 »

A little bit of a big update, for those that don't follow my studio's facebook page.
I have started writing the script for the musician, while adding some more parts to Rachel's route.
We have also decided to redesign Rachel to fit her personality as we thought that the prior design did not really reflect it that well.

The redesign:
https://www.facebook.com/the.ing.Studio ... 219117107/

nanaki254
Regular

#29 Post by nanaki254 »

I apologize for the late update on here - I have been updating my progress weekly on my blog and a lot of things happened.

On the positive note, we made some rough concept art on what the musician is going to look like!

https://www.facebook.com/the.ing.Studio ... 396631089/

I really like the design for her :)

I am currently writing her route and I plan to get it done within a month so it can be fully edited and playable at the upcoming Sakuracon.

nanaki254
Regular

#30 Post by nanaki254 »

Sakuracon is this weekend!
I'll be promoting there, but I will have a shorter demo that ends at the end of act 1, but it goes through both the musician and the best friend routes. The musician route is mostly completed, but I shortened the demo for the sake of the con-goers. I will also upload this demo onto the demo thread for this game.

As far as progress goes, I feel like Act 1 doesn't really show the musician as much as the best friend, but I think it makes sense this way - a person might randomly pass by each other a few times before getting to really know them, and the 'getting to know them' part was planned to be in act 2 (for the musician anyways, the reader gets to know the best friend more-so in act 1).

I would like any opinions on this method. Realistically, it makes sense to me, but it also might mean that some paths won't be as ventured upon as other paths.