The Curse [GxB] [VN] [Magic School life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Nayara NightRoo
Regular
Projects: The Curse

The Curse [GxB] [VN] [Magic School life]

#1 Post by Nayara NightRoo »

The Curse

Plot
C.A.S. (Cast A Spell) is an academy for young future witches and wizards. Not everybody can be accepted: only the firstborn of each family inherits magic, and they have to demostrate they deserve it; if they do, magic guides them to their true love before they became sixteen, and if they don't, magic and the knowledge they have of it abandon them and go with the second child.
But there are two families whose firstborns suffer a worse punishment: if they don't kiss their true love before their sixteenth birthday, they die... Why's that? Well, that's a long story...
Madeleine is the firstborn of one of that unlucky families, and she is almost sixteen. Will she be able to find her true love? Or will she die?

Characters
--------Main---------------
Madeleine: Heroine. Almost sixteen. Student at C.A.S. Family emblem: mermaid.
Intelligent, clumsy, introverted. Good painter. Cursed.
Alexander: Obtainable boy. Step-brother of Maddy. Almost sixteen. Student at C.A.S. Family emblem: phoenix.
Extroverted, charismatic, happy, energetic. Filmmaker into practice.
Drake: Obtainable boy. Ghost. Old student at C.A.S. Sixteen when he was alive, but about twenty-six dead. Family emblem: dragon.
Mean, harsh, kind of violent... apparently. Used to play the guitar and sing. Cursed.
Valentine: Obtainable boy. Classmate of Maddy. Almost sixteen. Student at C.A.S. Family emblem: owl.
Introverted, calmed, sweet, studious. Loves reading.
--------Secundary---------
Ginna: Best friend of Maddy. Almost sixteen. Student at C.A.S. Family emblem: dolphin.
Flirtatious, happy, extroverted, unshamed. Good singer.
Mom: Mother of Maddy. Witch. Used to be a magic history teacher; now is a housewife. Family emblem: mermaid.
(Doesn't appear physycally.)
Elmer: Step-dad of Maddy, father of Alexander. Wizard. Has a position in the magic government. Family emblem: phoenix.

Screenshots

Progress
Sprites: 100%.
Backgrounds: 100%.
Writing: 37%.
Scripting: 88%.
Coding: 96% (?).

Notices
08/31/2013: Project started.
09/3/2013:First screenshots added.
09/4/2013:WARNING: I'll be without Internet for about a week... so I won't update this page until I'm able to do so. Sorry guys. But I'll be still working on the VN, so don't worry.
09/18/2013:WARNING: Unfortunately, I'm still without Internet. I'm updating this page in the library, but I can't post screenshots or anything else which I have in my computer... Just a week more or so to be able to do it! I'm working hard in the VN, though (almost all the scripting and coding, and a great progress with the writing).
Last edited by Nayara NightRoo on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
If you can't do anything, why do you worry? And if you can do something... why do you worry?
The Curse | Honest Critique

facadepapergirl
Regular
Projects: Pokemon: Final Evolution; Galactic Lust Crisis

Re: The Curse [GxB] [VN] [Magic School life]

#2 Post by facadepapergirl »

Ah, I wish you did the writing and coding first, so that you could have a demo sooner. It looks pretty fun, and I'm looking forward to what you come up with. Is most of it in class, where you get to do all sorts of magical things? Or is the magic just a premise and background for a pure romance?

Nayara NightRoo
Regular

#3 Post by Nayara NightRoo »

facadepapergirl wrote:Ah, I wish you did the writing and coding first, so that you could have a demo sooner. It looks pretty fun, and I'm looking forward to what you come up with. Is most of it in class, where you get to do all sorts of magical things? Or is the magic just a premise and background for a pure romance?
Thank you! I'm looking forward to finish it. :wink: Well, in principle magic was just a background, but I'm interested in your opinion about the matter. Do you think I should include magical scenes in class?

Oh, and I'll be without Internet for about a week... so I won't update this page until I'm able to do so. Sorry guys. But I'll be still working on the VN, so don't worry.
If you can't do anything, why do you worry? And if you can do something... why do you worry?

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#4 Post by Kyra10 »

I like the characters and the plot~
I can't wait to see how it turns out. ^_^

shiho14
Regular

#5 Post by shiho14 »

This looks interesting ^^ Just curious though does the family emblem in the character profiles got anything to do with their magic? Or will this be explain in the story?

Looking forward on your progress on the game:D

Lyyli
Regular

#6 Post by Lyyli »

Sounds cute and I do love magic! Good luck with the game :)
Meep.

Nayara NightRoo
Regular

#7 Post by Nayara NightRoo »

Kyra10 wrote:I like the characters and the plot~
I can't wait to see how it turns out. ^_^
And I'm grateful for your interest. :D
shiho14 wrote:This looks interesting ^^ Just curious though does the family emblem in the character profiles got anything to do with their magic? Or will this be explain in the story?

Looking forward on your progress on the game:D
Well, someway, the family emblem represent their power and their special spells... it'll be explained more widely in the story, anyway. :wink:
Lyyli wrote:Sounds cute and I do love magic! Good luck with the game :)
Thank you! :)

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#8 Post by distorsion »

Oooo magic school life! I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

Nayara NightRoo
Regular

#9 Post by Nayara NightRoo »

distorsion wrote:Oooo magic school life! I'll be keeping an eye on this.
I hope so. ;)

Oh, by the way... Look, updates!!! Up there!!! ⇑

Golden.Fleece
Regular
Projects: Maienzauber
Organization: Golden Fleece Creative Productions

#10 Post by Golden.Fleece »

The sprite seems to be a shared resource, I suppose?

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by try10 »

This seems interesting. I'll be keeping an eye on this project. Wish there were more guys. :D

Nayara NightRoo
Regular

#12 Post by Nayara NightRoo »

Golden.Fleece wrote:The sprite seems to be a shared resource, I suppose?
It is, for sure. I'm not skilled enough to do my own art, and I didn't want to wait until someone offered me help. Maybe in the next VN.
try10 wrote:This seems interesting. I'll be keeping an eye on this project. Wish there were more guys. :D
Thank you!! Well, it's my first VN, so I wanted to keep it... "easy", someway. ;)