All the Pretty Flowers [VN] [Apocalyptic] [Sci-Fi] [Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

All the Pretty Flowers [VN] [Apocalyptic] [Sci-Fi] [Slice of Life]

#1 Post by Hazel-Bun »

"Hey, mister?"
. . .

"Yes, my child?"

. . .

"Have you ever killed a man, before...?"

✧✧✧ G E N R E S ✧✧✧
Apocalyptic / Science Fiction / Slice of Life

✧✧✧ S Y N O P S I S ✧✧✧

The year is 2081, and on the outskirts of Paradigm City, a young refugee meets a dying man. The wealthy have fled to interstellar colonies as the rest of humanity waits for the end of time itself. The stranger has the key to freedom. But, as the child soon discovers, some secrets are best left buried under the Ashar Desert.

All the Pretty Flowers is a short, commercial visual novel about loss, longing, and unconditional love.

✧✧✧ C H A R A C T E R S ✧✧✧

Patch, the Child
An eight-year-old refugee who stumbles upon an underground bunker, Patch finds themselves captivated by Melchior.

Melchior, the Man
A mysterious vagabond who protects a field of blue roses that bloom in the desert, Melchior leaves his underground bunker to follow Patch home.

Benjamin, the Scholar
A rebel leader with a grudge against the elites, Benjamin is Patch's godfather.

Lumeria, the Warrior
The only child of a decorated military family, Lumeria was left behind on earth after being injured in war.

Genesis, the Light
A metallic voice within Melchior's mind, Genesis guides him to the truth.

✧✧✧ F E A T U R E S ✧✧✧

Point-n-Click
Partial Voice Acting

✧✧✧ S P E C I F I C A T I O N S✧✧✧

1920 x 1080 Resolution
PC, MAC, Linux, IOS & Android Support
Approximately three (3) hours of gameplay (30,000+ words in total)

✧✧✧ R A T I N G ✧✧✧

Rating: PG-13

✧✧✧ W A R N I N G ✧✧✧

Trigger Warnings: None at the moment.

✧✧✧ T E A M ✧✧✧

Writer: Zelda Knight (@AureliaLeoS)

Programmer: Kain Oborin (@Plutos__Heart)

Character Artist: euphorics

OST: Michael Chait and Danny Chait

Logo Design: Luce Gamble

Cartographer: TBA

GUI Designer: Kathaeris

Background Artist: Closz

Voice Talent/Character Voices:
TBA

Video Editor: TBA

Beta-Tester(s): TBA

Quality Assurance: TBA

Proofreader/s: TBA

Editor/s: TBA

✧✧✧ B U Y H E R E ✧✧✧

Website
itch.io

✧✧✧ Q U E S T I O N S ✧✧✧

Any questions or comments?
Attachments
Melchior's headshot
Melchior's headshot
AHHHHHH--! euphorics birthday gift/their first white Christmas
AHHHHHH--! euphorics birthday gift/their first white Christmas
Settings Screen Ver. 2
Settings Screen Ver. 2
Settings Screen Ver. 1
Settings Screen Ver. 1
Preference Screen
Preference Screen
Main Menu
Main Menu
Game Icon
Game Icon
Logo Ver. 2.2
Logo Ver. 2.2
Logo Ver. 1.1
Logo Ver. 1.1
The Child Full Body Sprite
The Child Full Body Sprite
Mock Screenshot
Mock Screenshot
BG Version 2
BG Version 2
The Child Headshot
The Child Headshot
Last edited by Hazel-Bun on Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 190 times in total.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

Re: All The Pretty Flowers [KN] [Friendship, Life-Themes]

#2 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Super cute art!
i'll cry if you yell at me

Golden.Fleece
Regular
Projects: Maienzauber
Organization: Golden Fleece Creative Productions

#3 Post by Golden.Fleece »

I like the sprite art style. Kudos to you!

euphorics
Regular
Tumblr: niraniranegi
Deviantart: euphorics

#4 Post by euphorics »

Oh gosh, thank you so much for the compliments on the art!! ;___;
SO EXCITED FOR THISSSS
bring on the shotas
tumblr devart

Armee
Veteran

#5 Post by Armee »

Hehe I expected you two to make a KN when I saw Bun posted in Senpai's recruitment thread :D It's nice to see this! The story seem light and nice. Really looking forward to see one of my fellows's story
Your art is kawaii-desu Phorics-senpai ˋωˊ

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#6 Post by Haze »

This seems like it'll be a wonderful story, if a bit bittersweet. The art is absolutely lovely, too. Got a question, though.
A short musing on life themes between a machine and hatchling trying to solve life's biggest questions.
I figure that the kid is probably the hatchling, but what do you mean by "machine"? Is the mysterious man a cyborg, or a robot? I'm really curious. :D
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

euphorics
Regular

#7 Post by euphorics »

I'll leave questions about the story and such to Hazel-Bun, because I'm afraid I'll accidentally spoil things, haha. > v > It's definitely a story to look forward to though, I can promise that much!

@Armee: Eheheh, I hope you'll enjoy it when it comes out, man!! u v u thanks for commenting ahhhh<33
bring on the shotas
tumblr devart

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Hazel-Bun »

UPDATES
Golden.Fleece wrote:I like the sprite art style. Kudos to you!
silverpikachu99 wrote:Super cute art!
Thanks guys :> I'm glad the art is being well received so far!
Armee wrote:Hehe I expected you two to make a KN when I saw Bun posted in Senpai's recruitment thread :D It's nice to see this! The story seem light and nice. Really looking forward to see one of my fellows's story
Your art is kawaii-desu Phorics-senpai ˋωˊ
Physic--! Hope it doesn't disappoint and I know, right? It makes my heart squeeze from an overload of cuteness!
Haze wrote:This seems like it'll be a wonderful story, if a bit bittersweet. The art is absolutely lovely, too. Got a question, though.
A short musing on life themes between a machine and hatchling trying to solve life's biggest questions.
I figure that the kid is probably the hatchling, but what do you mean by "machine"? Is the mysterious man a cyborg, or a robot? I'm really curious. :D
Glad you're feeling it as of now! *applauds euphorics* You'll just have to find out xD *throws super contrived reply to dodge the question* No, I can't reveal much as this is a KN and relies heavily on the story being told, so can't reveal much about it's most mysterious character. I will say that you have the hatchling part spot on though!

@euphorics Look at all that praise *V* Bask in it, bask!
Last edited by Hazel-Bun on Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Starshine
Veteran
Completed: http://berry-melon.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... -2016.html
Projects: Pancake Surprise (2016)
Tumblr: http://bettybooplover.tumblr.com
Deviantart: berry-melon
Soundcloud: sweepea-1

#9 Post by Starshine »

Very interesting, are the characters re-nameable? I'm assuming he main characters name is
"Patch"
although i could be wrong. The story is pretty interesting and unique. The story doesn't turn me away, it lures me towards your project, i would call the story more or less heartwarming, reminds me of a few games or films i've seen where someone takes someone who is in need of help under their wing and makes them into their apprentice or sidekick.
http://berry-melon.blogspot.com
I'm not resting until I find
What would make your eyes
Glisten like mine
With loves divine!

Boo-Boo I couldn't aspire....to anything...
Higher...than to fill that one desire to make it
My own....Bop-Bop-a-Dop-Boop-Oop-a-Doop honey?

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Starshine wrote:Very interesting, are the characters re-nameable? I'm assuming he main characters name is
"Patch"
although i could be wrong. The story is pretty interesting and unique. The story doesn't turn me away, it lures me towards your project, i would call the story more or less heartwarming, reminds me of a few games or films i've seen where someone takes someone who is in need of help under their wing and makes them into their apprentice or sidekick.
No, their names will be revealed during the course of the story, though! Good guess ^^
Good eye ehhhh Really should have renamed the file but it's nothing major so~
Thank you so much, glad it's giving off this impression! I hope it lives up to your expectations!

In other news, the sole BG is about 80% at the moment! We are also, defiantly, getting two commissioned pieces thanks to ROCKYIII. Word count is keeping up as well. Expect a big update this weekend or the next in terms or art and story count.

euphorics
Regular

Re: All the Pretty Flowers [KN] [Friendship, Life-Themes][Ne

#11 Post by euphorics »

Just posting to draw people's attention to the first post! u v u We're working steadily and making tons of progress, hoho~
And in reference to the latest update- art critique would be amazing and happily welcomed!! I'm always looking to improve, so any kind of comments, etc. would be super helpful ;_; Please be brutally honest!
bring on the shotas
tumblr devart

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

#12 Post by chocojax »

Uhh, I hope this helps you out a bit. :)
The background: The coloring style would fit right in with the sprites. :>
The three objects in the back look a little bit too detailed compared to things in the foreground. Try making it "fade out" by having a light blue glaze over it? (Very much like how mountains look like from far away.)
I'm not too entirely sure what that strange rock formation is. It looks a little bit strange near the end, though. (If it's not supposed to be entirely curvy, it would be nice if the rocks had a non-uniform pattern, rather than a straight line as if they were perfectly aligned.)

Boy sprite: It's very colorful and saturated, which I'm quite jealous of. :P
His neck-shoulders look a little bit strange. It could be because they're so small, but then again, I have no idea how old he is, haha.
The neck does seem a little bit too long, though. Try shifting his head down a bit and seeing if it looks better or more strange. :/
Now that I'm looking at his mouth, it disturbs me slightly. Does... he have two rows of teeth, and then his tounge is underneath...? I-I can't tell.
The hat looks a little bit flat, but then again, the style seems generally flat. Just pointing it out, though.
Outlining the shade on his eyelid makes it stand out and also makes me think of it as some sort of strange mole? You should probably un-outline it.

euphorics
Regular

#13 Post by euphorics »

@chocojax:

dYING A LITTLE INSIDEkdlfkd-
To be completely honest after reading this I ran around the house going "NOOOOOOOO-" for a while before composing myself to answer this, haha otl otl;; This was really, really helpful though - thank you so much!!!
Ugh, tbh I made a terrible mistake and spent forever detailing the objects in the back - until I realized I had to make them fade out but didn't want to because I'd spent so long on it ;_; I actually did paint over them a bit with light blue, but I guess it wasn't enough arghhhh;;
Hahahaha- It was actually somewhat referenced from a photo, but yeah, it was bothering me a lot too and I couldn't quite figure out why! When you say end, do you mean the bottom of the rock formation, or the edges, or..?
His age was a bit ambiguous from the start, so I guess that accidentally carried over into the drawing, ack otl;;
I've also always had a problem with long necks whyyyyyy-
AND THAT MOUTH. DANG IT ALL- that was another thing that was bothering me for forever ;___; OHGOSH I WILL FIX THAT IMMEDIATELY, THANK YOU.
I didn't understand what you meant by the style being flat at first, but I think I get what you mean!! @@ It was half a stylistic thing and half laziness, haha...;; Still need to fix that hat though, thank you!
Ohgosh, the outline thing made me a little sad otl Cannot unsee the mole now omg- I'll change that immediately too!!

TL;DR I WILL FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE, THANK YOU SO MUCH. <333
bring on the shotas
tumblr devart

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#14 Post by Katta »

This background is super awesome, I like it so much) I like the sprite too, but the bg is just so beautiful I'm looking at it again and again)

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

#15 Post by chocojax »

To be completely honest after reading this I ran around the house going "NOOOOOOOO-" for a while before composing myself to answer this
Haha, that happens to me too! Although, my reactions have calmed down after a while, haha.
"Hahahaha- It was actually somewhat referenced from a photo, but yeah, it was bothering me a lot too and I couldn't quite figure out why! When you say end, do you mean the bottom of the rock formation, or the edges, or..?"
Umm, here's a really bad example, but an example nonetheless. (link)

"I've also always had a problem with long necks whyyyyyy-"
Haha, I have a problem with long necks too.

"TL;DR I WILL FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE, THANK YOU SO MUCH. <333"
You're welcome! Glad I could help. :>>