All the Pretty Flowers [VN] [Apocalyptic] [Sci-Fi] [Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: All the Pretty Flowers [KN] [Friendship, Life-Themes][Ne

#16 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Katta wrote:This background is super awesome, I like it so much) I like the sprite too, but the bg is just so beautiful I'm looking at it again and again)
Glad! It got a little revamp after...
chocojax wrote:Uhh, I hope this helps you out a bit. :)
Chocojax's very helpful critques ^^ Much appreciated! Our artist has done some revamping of the BG and sprite so hopefully it looks even better! I've put up a mockup of a what a screenshot would look like and one of our commissioned pieces is all but finished!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Armee
Veteran

Re: All the Pretty Flowers [KN] [Friendship, Life-Themes] [9

#17 Post by Armee »

How did things go senpai and Bun??? Do you need help? I would gladly you help you with graphics user interface( orz beginner...//crais) SENPAI'S ENVIROMENT ART! though I agree with other, it look a bit distracting to me. (The smile of the boy...)

euphorics
Regular
Tumblr: niraniranegi
Deviantart: euphorics

#18 Post by euphorics »

@thread in general: First post updated! Cherubim Scribes has a tumblr now hoho~ There isn't much on there yet except for some CG previews and a lovely commissioned music piece, but feel free to check it out!! CGs are currently well (?) underway, lineart done for one, waiting for retouching + coloring, and a concept sketch for another done! There will be around 3-4 CGs total, along with a few variations. :'^D
Armee wrote:How did things go senpai and Bun??? Do you need help? I would gladly you help you with graphics user interface( orz beginner...//crais) SENPAI'S ENVIROMENT ART! though I agree with other, it look a bit distracting to me. (The smile of the boy...)
toYOOO I AM DYING- jkjk, we're both getting swamped with stuff lol, but still chugging away (~ = v = )~
Bun probably contacted you already, BUT YES IF YOU COULD HELP WITH GUI THAT WOULD BE WONDERFUL. :'^( Thank you so much!! I'm going to try to work on the logo in my spare time, but I'm also doing the CGs so can't even try the GUI, hahha...;; (you are a wonderful beginner u v u~~) THANK YOU! Is the background still too detailed? ;_; And ugh, I might redo all of the sprites later (much.. much later) but as of now going to focus on the CGs otl;;
Thank you so much for checking up on us though ahhH ; 3 ; <33 I hope your projects are going well too!!
bring on the shotas
tumblr devart

Dazed
Completed: Katawa Shoujo, The Dolls' Stories
Projects: Fish & Chicks

#19 Post by Dazed »

Loving the sprite style. Great background too!

euphorics
Regular

#20 Post by euphorics »

Dazed wrote:Loving the sprite style. Great background too!
Ahhh, thank you so much!! ;_; <3

@thread: SUPER LAME LOGO UPDATE. Instead of packing for uni I revived my ultra-rusty photoshop skillz to work on the new logo, wooo~
/please see attachment because I'm a noob and don't know how to post thumbnails arghh;;
Will clean up the rose part a bit later, but feel free to tell me what you think! Looking at these, what kind of genre would you guess the game to be? Which do you like better?
Any suggestions would be super great!! ; v ;
Attachments
I don't even know...
I don't even know...
OTL
OTL
bring on the shotas
tumblr devart

Armee
Veteran

#21 Post by Armee »

Yes Senpai and thank you; A: You're a wonderful person. I hope things will work and wish you best luck. Yes, Bun-sama contacted me: 3
<( ̄︶ ̄)> []~( ̄▽ ̄)~* ( ̄﹏ ̄) ( ̄ˇ ̄) Senpai ... the logo is nice. And from my POV, this will be a mystery, romance(?), something not heartwarming: 3 May be tragic, non? I Llike the first one because the letters in the 2nd one seem idle compare to the flower.

shilkefair
Regular
Completed: Winter Bliss~meeting you~
Projects: Black rosette [VN], Selene

#22 Post by shilkefair »

This looks really nice=D
already in love with the sprite and the background!! XD
and the story is quite interesting too!!=D

and for the logo i like both of them but i like the first one better simply because the flower didn't get in the way of the text so it's easy to read,
for the second logo maybe you can add white lines around the 'flower' text so that it doesn't blend with the flower image.

and i think that this will be a heartwarming story? just a guess haha, i like heartwarming stories..=D
Good luck with the project!=D

--------------------------
*Deviantart

work in progress
Image Image

euphorics
Regular

#23 Post by euphorics »

Armee wrote:Yes Senpai and thank you; A: You're a wonderful person. I hope things will work and wish you best luck. Yes, Bun-sama contacted me: 3
<( ̄︶ ̄)> []~( ̄▽ ̄)~* ( ̄﹏ ̄) ( ̄ˇ ̄) Senpai ... the logo is nice. And from my POV, this will be a mystery, romance(?), something not heartwarming: 3 May be tragic, non? I Llike the first one because the letters in the 2nd one seem idle compare to the flower.
no kouhai, the wonderful person is you (~ ; 3 ; )~~~ and if i read the first post correctly- ahHH THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP<33 i look forward to your godly GUI amg ;____;
ohohoho, this is interesting~ i'll take this into consideration, thanks!! u v u and yeah, most people seem to like that one better too; it's slightly more creative, maybe?
also i will respond to your messages soon arghhhh school sucks
shilkefair wrote:This looks really nice=D
already in love with the sprite and the background!! XD
and the story is quite interesting too!!=D

and for the logo i like both of them but i like the first one better simply because the flower didn't get in the way of the text so it's easy to read,
for the second logo maybe you can add white lines around the 'flower' text so that it doesn't blend with the flower image.

and i think that this will be a heartwarming story? just a guess haha, i like heartwarming stories..=D
Good luck with the project!=D
ahHH A PRO--- kfdsl h-hello there!! ;_; THANK YOU SO MUCH AHH, I'm super glad!! (and I'm glad you think the story's interesting too hoho, Hazel-Bun is basically a genius writer/game developer~) I've lurked on your threads a bit before, and goshhh your GUI and artwork and everything is so amazing!! Looking forward to your games being finished ; 3 ;!! <3

aaack yeah, I was worried about that! the white outline is actually a super great suggestion -- I hadn't thought of it before for some reason, haha otl;; Will go and try that out now, thank you so much for the feedback!!

and hoho, interesting~ > v > I see I see! Thank you so much!! <33
bring on the shotas
tumblr devart

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#24 Post by pickle131 »

I really want to try this when it's out ;u;
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#25 Post by Haze »

Will clean up the rose part a bit later, but feel free to tell me what you think! Looking at these, what kind of genre would you guess the game to be? Which do you like better?
I saw the new logos, and I personally like the second one better. One thing, though: the flower makes the word "pretty" a bit hard to read. Maybe you should make the font color a little darker?

As for the genre, based on just the logos, I'd think a slice-of-life story. I guess that's just what comes across to me.

By the way, I saw the new BG, it's so pretty!
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Hey guys! Will be and have been very busy >> Things are chugging along as usual though! euphorics has tried to implement some of your critques for the logo(s)! Once I get to a desktop (has yet to all day) I'll sit down and make a more indepth update ^^ Check out the front page for more art, etc., etc. in the mean time!
pickle131 wrote:I really want to try this when it's out ;u;
I really want you to play and like it when it does pickle UvU Rest assured we're all doing our very best to make it a good experience!
Haze wrote:
I saw the new logos, and I personally like the second one better. One thing, though: the flower makes the word "pretty" a bit hard to read. Maybe you should make the font color a little darker?

As for the genre, based on just the logos, I'd think a slice-of-life story. I guess that's just what comes across to me.

By the way, I saw the new BG, it's so pretty!
I'll reply to you because euphorics beat me to the others-- Thanks for the helpful pointers! Once I get them uploaded, do tell us if you find the text eaiser to read! Funny enough, I liked the big flower as well so kept both logos ^^ Thanks about the BG too!! She worked hard to put chocojax's critques into good use!

I'm a little surprised but all togther okay with the wide range of responses to the logo by the way, guys. (Aside from the helpful stuff of course) eve I think it's cool and fitting that the logo gives off rather different expectations as that's what I think the game will deliver. A differnt story than what's expected... Anyway, thanks for the comments! It really drives us forward! Do check out the group tumblr for more frequent updates (when I'm not rebloging stupid stuff and pretty boys) and for a big update come Friday of next week if everything goes as planned!

Here's some pictures and revisions(some more minor than others) until then!

Two Questions(will also be on Page 1):
1). Even if it was very short and contained the bare bones of the overall game, would you play a sort of demo if realased publicly?
2). Some debate has gone on and we were wondering your thoughts about AtPF being changed into a VN as opposed to an episodic KN? It would stay episodic but, depending on your choices, your end would carry over and affect the telling of the next story? It wouldn't be anything huge script/CG wise (minimum text change and locked CGs for 'wrong' answers) but would result in vastly differnt endings for the player. Thoughts?
Attachments
Logo Ver. 1.1
Logo Ver. 1.1
Logo Ver. 2.2
Logo Ver. 2.2
CG Preview
CG Preview
image.jpg (11.36 KiB) Viewed 1797 times
CG Preview
CG Preview
image.jpg (33.76 KiB) Viewed 1797 times
Last edited by Hazel-Bun on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by 15385bic »

the logo is pretty and so is the art~
looking forward to seeing more *A*

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#28 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Ahhhh! *clears thoart* After that little panic-spell, we're back in action ^^ I'll give a full update once I'm back home but things are chugging along nicely. A big dent has been made in the writing (have yet to update word count ugh--), euphorics has started coloring the CGs and general progress is being made! A small demo should also be finished by Sunday night so look out for that too!

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

Re: All the Pretty Flowers [KN] [Friendship, Life-Themes] [1

#29 Post by Haze »

Yes, it's me again... :lol:

Just wanted to answer the questions.
1). Even if it was very short and contained the bare bones of the overall game, would you play a sort of demo if realased publicly?
2). Some debate has gone on and we were wondering your thoughts about AtPF being changed into a VN as opposed to an episodic KN? It would stay episodic but, depending on your choices, your end would carry over and affect the telling of the next story? It wouldn't be anything huge script/CG wise (minimum text change and locked CGs for 'wrong' answers) but would result in vastly differnt endings for the player. Thoughts?
1.A demo? Definitely! This game sounds like it'll be quite good, so a sneak peek of the final product would be great! Can't wait until Sunday!

2.Personally, if you guys see multiple endings in your game, then I think you should go ahead and do it. Multiple endings and new CGs to unlock can add to replay value, too.

Edit: Also, just wanted to say that changing logo 2 by making the flower lighter and in little more to the right was a good choice. I personally like it a lot better now.
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: All the Pretty Flowers [KN] [Friendship, Life-Themes] [1

#30 Post by Hazel-Bun »

15385bic wrote:the logo is pretty and so is the art~
looking forward to seeing more *A*
Thanks so much bic ^^ euphorics really appreciates it as well as me! I'm looking forward to Halloween Otome as well and can't wait to capture see Mr.B in action <3!
Haze wrote:Yes, it's me again... :lol:

Just wanted to answer the questions.
1.A demo? Definitely! This game sounds like it'll be quite good, so a sneak peek of the final product would be great! Can't wait until Sunday!

2.Personally, if you guys see multiple endings in your game, then I think you should go ahead and do it. Multiple endings and new CGs to unlock can add to replay value, too.

Edit: Also, just wanted to say that changing logo 2 by making the flower lighter and in little more to the right was a good choice. I personally like it a lot better now.
Come back anytime o>o--!

Coolbeans! I'll work hard towards that demo then! Most of it is just inserting the proofread first scene and fixing the placement of things. I'm not the groups programmer though so do forgive if the final product is a bit... rough around the edges haha...!

Okay, that's good advice. I tend to have a set format for my games before it goes into production, but new influences, etc. can change them over time. I envision ends now so I think I just might add'em!

P.S Good, good! It's gotten mixed reviews when it comes to overall theme it conveys, but I personally like logo 2 and the logos in general so will probably stick with it.