All the Pretty Flowers [VN] [Apocalyptic] [Sci-Fi] [Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: All the Pretty Flowers [KN] [Friendship, Life-Themes] [1

#31 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Just wanted to post up the lint report and also report that the demo is near completion! It'll contain a mixture of finalized and not finalized assets, along with the first scene completely edited and hopefully without error ^^ That and a little "bonus" afterwards.

~~~

Statistics:

The game contains 100 dialogue blocks, containing 1,159 words and 6,374
characters, for an average of 11.6 words and 64 characters per block.

The game contains 0 menus, 11 images, and 12 screens.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

#32 Post by Duskylli »

I'll definitely check out the demo when its ready. No pressure :3

I'm intrigued with the premise and the art is so warm and beautiful. The teaser CG looks really sweet too.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#33 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Duskylli wrote:I'll definitely check out the demo when its ready. No pressure :3

I'm intrigued with the premise and the art is so warm and beautiful. The teaser CG looks really sweet too.
Glad you will and thanks ^^ I hope it's to your liking!

~~~

In other news~ *drumroll* the demo is now complete! Hopefully it doesn't crash once opened and doesn't take too, too long to upload uvu'' The links and survey are located on the first page!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

Re: All the Pretty Flowers [KN] [Friendship, Life-Themes] [D

#34 Post by Akitsuki »

Waa, it looks nice! Not only the art is pretty, I find the story is interesting too! I want to try the demo but somehow I can't download it ^^"
Maybe I should try later!

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#35 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Akitsuki wrote:Waa, it looks nice! Not only the art is pretty, I find the story is interesting too! I want to try the demo but somehow I can't download it ^^"
I'm glad!! But what is this about not being able to download D8? Is the link broken or are you getting an error message?

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

#36 Post by Duskylli »

o.O
O.o
O.O
WHYYYYYYYY?!

Not what I was expecting but I like where this is going. I'll send you more thoughts via pm (may be delayed as this website keeps timing out on me grrr )

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#37 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Duskylli wrote:o.O
O.o
O.O
WHYYYYYYYY?!

Not what I was expecting but I like where this is going. I'll send you more thoughts via pm (may be delayed as this website keeps timing out on me grrr )
Haha! uvu" Was expecting this sort of reaction! Hope it was still a somewhat enjoyable read though! I'll await your PM. I've already gotten some feedback from euphorics about things I can fix (sprite size is off so it jumps a bit, used an old version for the angry sprite, typos after the first scene and the last SFX going on for too long), so will try to polish that up sooner rather than later.
~~~

In other news, I've just gotten word that the second original piece is coming along nicely and the artist is working at those CGs! I'm about finished with the base story(won't update the word count till I've typed it into the doc) and am contemplating how choices, if added, would pan out.

Aside from things I will defiantly add one way or the other(GUI, etc.), I'm still looking into more ways to spice up the narrative. I don't want to go wild though even with a demo out rest assured haha! I tend to see projects dumped after a demo release after all. But I was thinking about maybe partial voice-acting and or a bonus section after all the ends are tied together and finalized. More on that when I'm not half sleep and actually have a game plan/a definite vision. Till then!

Armee
Veteran

#38 Post by Armee »

Ugh...Have been busy lately ==; I will working on the GUI once I'm finally free from the writing.
It's nice to see the demo is out. I will checking it once I have my computer. XD Good luck!

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#39 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Armee wrote:Ugh...Have been busy lately ==; I will working on the GUI once I'm finally free from the writing.
It's nice to see the demo is out. I will checking it once I have my computer. XD Good luck!
Cool and I have some ideas but would love to know how to make GUI/get help. All the commonly cited tutorials confuse me and seemingly only me so all that trial and error doesn't look appealing.

Did you still want me to edit that chunk as I was under the impression you wanted to re-write it... (>~<)?

~~~
Here's some bad, mini-poetry till I have an actual update uvu

Ashes to Ashes
Dust to Dust
Dream in Peace Forever
My Love
My Child
Carnation, White
Last edited by Hazel-Bun on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#40 Post by Haze »

I played the demo and...argh! I want to see what happens! Seriously, you guys caught my interest; I'm definitely looking forward to the full version of the game now.

I saw something up there about downloading problems; I have a Windows OS, and I didn't have any trouble running the game, just so you know.
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#41 Post by Akitsuki »

Hazel-Bun wrote:
Akitsuki wrote:Waa, it looks nice! Not only the art is pretty, I find the story is interesting too! I want to try the demo but somehow I can't download it ^^"
I'm glad!! But what is this about not being able to download D8? Is the link broken or are you getting an error message?
I tried but when it's finished there's a message telling it's not commonly downloaded and if I keep it it might be dangerous :s So I had no choice but to discard it. Or do you need me to screenshot it?

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#42 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Haze wrote:I played the demo and...argh! I want to see what happens! Seriously, you guys caught my interest; I'm definitely looking forward to the full version of the game now.

I saw something up there about downloading problems; I have a Windows OS, and I didn't have any trouble running the game, just so you know.
Tehe, thanks for being so supportive when we're being so mean! I'll be more than happy to get the finished product to ya' soon enough and then it's on to the next one... in the series. And our other games... *dies*

I see, thanks for telling me. I think i've found the answer to...
Akitsuki wrote: I tried but when it's finished there's a message telling it's not commonly downloaded and if I keep it it might be dangerous :s So I had no choice but to discard it. Or do you need me to screenshot it?
problem. Here's a link that should help ==> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/f ... ce8a293e92

I think it's because it's not commonly downloaded rather than it's full of viruses. If you still feel uncomfortable downloading, don't force yourself too! Haha, thanks for bringing this up to me too uvu

~~~

In other news, I've been given a little more feedback to share:
- Child loses their country twang at times
- 'Demo' is around 5~8 Minutes max to read, so extremely short
- Message seems to be getting across okay

I'll be starting major work on the script soon and should be done with a good portion (5/7 Scenes) by the end of the month at the latest. Word Count is hovering around 6,000~7,000 as of now.

Armee
Veteran

#43 Post by Armee »

Hazel-Bun wrote:Cool and I have some ideas but would love to know how to make GUI/get help. All the commonly cited tutorials confuse me and seemingly only me so all that trial and error doesn't look appealing.

Did you still want me to edit that chunk as I was under the impression you wanted to re-write it... (>~<)?
I'm a bad teacher orz I can't even make fine work myself so I don't think I get anywhere far if I teach someone. 0u0 Don't worry, it's simple once you're used to it. If you have a GUI idea in mind, just tell me, I'll design after your description anyway.

orz Probably not because I'm revamping the game. I'm still need to turn it to my own game first hehehe

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#44 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Armee wrote: I'm a bad teacher orz I can't even make fine work myself so I don't think I get anywhere far if I teach someone. 0u0 Don't worry, it's simple once you're used to it. If you have a GUI idea in mind, just tell me, I'll design after your description anyway.

orz Probably not because I'm revamping the game. I'm still need to turn it to my own game first hehehe
Alright, i'll get it to you this week uvu the ideas I mean. And that's alright, just send over what you need edited whenever ^^!

~~~

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz11 ... e0738b.jpg

"Huh?"
"Who are..."
"Oh! It's you! I'm so glad to see ya' again!"
Last edited by Hazel-Bun on Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shio_Fuu
Regular
Completed: Deadly attachment
Projects: My father's apprentice
Organization: Dotama Studio

Re: All the Pretty Flowers [VN] [Friendship, Life-Themes] 10

#45 Post by Shio_Fuu »

The premise sounds amazing! I love friendship stories, even bittersweet ones. And art is really beautiful! You've got a good combination!
Image Image Image