Hey all! We over here at CScribes (and by we I mean myself lol) are hitting the home stretch towards the next demo
Barring something that absolutely needs to be shown, I do believe this will be my last update to this thread until then.
I tend to update little bitty stuff anyway and with the new goal being before the end of December (didn't factor in finals starting before Christmas break this year and just general writing/programming eating up time), I think I should focus on getting the game nice and tested before updating anything else. That and I'm helping out on other projects/irl non-VN related things that will need some attention soon enough. I might change the front page but no comment updates or big screenshot spams, etc. till then.
Merry Christmas in case I don't get a chance to say it before then and Happy Holidays/New Years(worst case haha).
I'm still looking for an editor seeing as the other one disappeared ;v; (most likely my fault but eh), maybe one or two more beta testers preferably on a Mac or Linux and, if anyone's interested, a voice actor for the Man. Also looking for more feedback about the voice acting too so fire away if you want. Trina should start recording the few lines plus sounds for the demo next week!
So enough about me, let's get to what's important...
Here's the lint script containing the word count for half of the opening. The actual word count is 4,697 words so far in game with the opening plus two choices but, I didn't feel like coding that all in just yet so #'d it seeing as it's not proofed anyway lol The total demo word count is close to 10,000 as of right now so it's gotten much longer than the first already D: Play time through a single route shouldn't be that long though, I'd say ten minutes max.
The game contains 89 dialogue blocks, containing 675 words and 3,763
characters, for an average of 7.6 words and 42 characters per block.
The game contains 7 menus, 18 images, and 14 screens.
What's been added...
- CTC icon for when the Man is talking and scrolling credits thanks to ZEFK
- All the choices programmed in along with half of the opening text
- Images/transitions that go along with above
- Minor tweaks to the opening post
- Programmed but #'d for now as I don't know if I should keep it, a custom mouse pointer
- Intense abuse of the pixellate transition
What needs work...
- Rest of the text and programming of course
- Weird errors in general
- Making the extras screens work and unlock images/music properly
- Programming, programming, programming
- Writing, writing, proofing, writing
- Compressing all the files to .ogg and so on
- PV-esque mash up using windows movie maker
- Making the demo the best it can be so I can receive some helpful critique moving forward
Screenshots* and guest art by none other than Hapuki below ^^ Do follow Cherubim-Scribes on twitter and tumblr too for more updates!**
* Yes my background is still Cardcaptor Sakura, no I am not a twelve year old little girl ;v;"
**More so twitter as I don't pollute that with animal gifs, otome, nature/science pictures, and everything and anything but VNs, AtPF and VN creation ahahahahahaaaah...