Release your past (GxB, fantasy)[Cancelled]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sharane
Regular

Release your past (GxB, fantasy)[Cancelled]

#1 Post by Sharane »

A story about girl who must discover who she really is...
I´m sorry to say that project is cancelled because of the bug in the program :( It doesn´t work anymore...
Plot:
The heroine of the story, who was the niece of King Mayria, had just celebrated her eighteenth birthday. In prior to the celebration, there was also one thing that happened that day. She was kidnapped by a mysterious man, who didn't even know why he was hired, to take her to Syonim. It was just business, he said, so he didn't care for reasons. In Syonim, she found out it was a woman, who claimed to be her real mother, and planned her kidnapping. But her parents were both dead. Where was the truth? And why would the strange woman said that she was her mother? Was there something she should have known?

Many thanks to Writer16, who corrected the plot - finally without mistakes, yes! :lol:

- 3 boys to choose
- choices which affected your status in their eyes
- secret waiting for to be discovered

Main characters:
Image Image Image
Answers:
- is the title of the game attractive for you or uninteresting?
- would you like to play it or the plot didn´t catch your interest?

I will be glad for every comment, advice or honest critique :) Thanks.
Last edited by Sharane on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 22 times in total.

TheHappyAsylum
Regular
Projects: Paranormal Detective

Re: Secret of Golden Mines (GxB, fantasy)

#2 Post by TheHappyAsylum »

I like that there is some mystery in it :D I'll be watching this! :lol: (btw, I love the characters designs, they are adorable!!)

Sharane
Regular

Re: Secret of Golden Mines (GxB, fantasy)

#3 Post by Sharane »

Thank you :) I´ll try to finish it as soon as possible. Well, the drawing is kind of "child like style" but I wanted to try it :D
Last edited by Sharane on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sharane
Regular

Re: Release your past (GxB, fantasy)

#4 Post by Sharane »

I finally found a suitable title for the game - the one before (Secret of Golden Mines) was just a working title.
The next thing - I have added the main sprites - they are finished, also with face expressions and I´m going to work on the others soon. The story has already begun so I will add some more informations as soon as possible :)
Last edited by Sharane on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

TheHappyAsylum
Regular

#5 Post by TheHappyAsylum »

Sharane wrote:
I finally found a suitable title for the game - the one before (Secret of Golden Mines) was just a working title.
The next thing - I have added the main sprites - they are finnished, also with face expressions and I´m going to work on the others soon. The story has already begun so I will add some more informations as soon as possible :)
Awesome! I'm looking forward to it :) When do you think you will release your game? :D

Sharane
Regular

#6 Post by Sharane »

Well, it´s hard to say now. Today I finished two romantic scenes of three, hope you will like it ;) As for the story itself, I guess 3/4 are done so I just need to write the endings and finished a few other things.
But if I will work hard (and if I will have some free time for this :)), it could be released may be at the end of this month. At least I hope so :)
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

Sharane
Regular

#7 Post by Sharane »

Today, I added three screenshots for you to see how it will look like and I finished first ending. There is still some part of the game needed to be done but I think 80% is completed. Just need to add some face expressions to the last character and also one romantic scene waits for to be drawn. And then there is some writing and script left, of course.
I also think if I should make one path really difficult to get (I mean one love ending) because with the circumstances of the story it is not easy to find a way to each other, though these characters were very close. But we will see :)
Last edited by Sharane on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#8 Post by FatUnicornGames »

Hey there. This looks cute.

I wanted to tell you to good luck finishing this! Also: Not to be 'that girl' but you spelled "finish" wrong in several places in this thread. I just wanted to tell you in case you use the word in your VN too. :D
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

Sharane
Regular

#9 Post by Sharane »

Hey there. This looks cute.

I wanted to tell you to good luck finishing this! Also: Not to be 'that girl' but you spelled "finish" wrong in several places in this thread. I just wanted to tell you in case you use the word in your VN too. :D
Hey :) Thank you, I´m going to correct it right now. This is also one thing which makes me worried - I´m sure this game will not be without mistakes in english cause I´m not a native speaker so I hope people would not be discouraged from playing this because of the fact... But I enjoy creating my own VN, trying what I am able to make (and what not :D) and if somebody will play it and I will have some feedback, I will be content :)
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

Writer16
Regular
Projects: Shades (GXB/Romance/Short/Silly/Freeware)
Tumblr: my-allisondiamond-world
Deviantart: allisondiamond1

#10 Post by Writer16 »

This seems to be a very interesting game, but you should revise your post. I understand that English isn't your first language.

The tenses are mixed up, and also a few awkward sentences. At one time, you used, "women" which I assumed was supposed to be woman. Other than that, I'm interested; don't worry, you can always ask for a proofreader. Sorry if I sound a bit harsh.
"You can fix anything but a blank page." -- Nora Roberts.

"An intelligent person can rationalize anything, a wise person doesn't try." -- Jen Knox.

"Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition." -- Abraham Lincoln.

Sharane
Regular

#11 Post by Sharane »

This seems to be a very interesting game, but you should revise your post. I understand that English isn't your first language.

The tenses are mixed up, and also a few awkward sentences. At one time, you used, "women" which I assumed was supposed to be woman. Other than that, I'm interested; don't worry, you can always ask for a proofreader. Sorry if I sound a bit harsh.
Thank you for your opinion:) I corrected "women/woman" and I´ll take a look at my previous post and try to change it but it´s difficult to see my own mistakes. Concerning the tenses... I have a problems with this, I know.
The proofreader - is it possible to find someone here at this forum? Or to find someone for free (I mean just for credit)? I have no-one who could read it and point out the mistakes because my friends are not strong in english...
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

Writer16
Regular

#12 Post by Writer16 »

Sharane wrote:

Thank you for your opinion:) I corrected "women/woman" and I´ll take a look at my previous post and try to change it but it´s difficult to see my own mistakes. Concerning the tenses... I have a problems with this, I know.
The proofreader - is it possible to find someone here at this forum? Or to find someone for free (I mean just for credit)? I have no-one who could read it and point out the mistakes because my friends are not strong in english...
No problem.

There are proofreaders on this site, and yes, you can credit them.

Here's the correction in the past tense:

"Heroine of the story, niece of King Mayria, has just celebrated her 18th birthday." (I think the phrasing is awkward).

The heroine of the story, who was the niece of King Mayria, had just celebrated her eighteenth birthday.

"But except for the celebration, there is also one thing that happened that day." (This is kind of awkward).

In prior to the celebration, there was also one thing that happened that day.

"She is kidnapped by a mysterious man who doesn't even know why he was hired to get her to Syonim." (This is an awkward sentence and the tenses are off).

She was kidnapped by a mysterious man, who didn't even know why he was hired, to take her to Syonim. (The comma between man and who can be omit).

"It's just business, he says, so he doesn't care for reasons." (Not sure if this was a dialogue or not).

It was just business, he said, so he didn't care for reasons.

"In Syonim, she found out it was a woman who claims to be her real mother who planned her kidnap."

In Syonim, she found out it was a woman, who claimed to be her real mother, and planned her kidnapping.

"But her parents are both supposed to be death from her childhood."

But her parents were both dead.

"Where is the truth?"

Where was the truth?

"And why would the strange woman told her to be her mother?"

And why would the strange woman said that she was her mother?

"Is there something she should know?"

Was there something she should have known?

My editing might be wrong. I'll check it back. Also, it could be change back to present tense.

"An intelligent person can rationalize anything, a wise person doesn't try." -- Jen Knox.

"Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition." -- Abraham Lincoln.

TheHappyAsylum
Regular

#13 Post by TheHappyAsylum »

I'd be happy to help with proofreading, just for the credit :lol: No money needed!

Sharane
Regular

#14 Post by Sharane »

to Writer16:
Thanks for your correction, I rewrited the plot. In my previous text, I used present tense because I thought it will be "more attractive" style of writting :lol: That´s the way how it is in my language - it´s happening right now and it isn´t "just" a description of events so it´s more attractive for reader.

to TheHappyAsylum:
Really? It would be amazing but I´m afraid it would be boring for you...? :D
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

Writer16
Regular

#15 Post by Writer16 »

Sharane wrote:to Writer16:
Thanks for your correction, I rewrited the plot. In my previous text, I used present tense because I thought it will be "more attractive" style of writting :lol: That´s the way how it is in my language - it´s happening right now and it isn´t "just" a description of events so it´s more attractive for reader.

to TheHappyAsylum:
Really? It would be amazing but I´m afraid it would be boring for you...? :D

No problem. You can always change it back to the present tense; I just happen to prefer to write in the past tense.