The Reject Demon: Toko [GxG][RomCom]Feb.14th

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

Re: The Reject Demon: Toko [GxG][RomCom][NaNoWriMo]

#31 Post by Tag- »

Nadia <3

I'm so amazed to see all of the work you've done. Well and truly beyond the standard of a nanoreno game, I think, haha.
Can't wait to see the finished product!
PM me if needed

Taosym
Veteran
Projects: http://lupiesoft.com/
Organization: Lupiesoft

Re: The Reject Demon: Toko [GxG][RomCom][NaNoWriMo]

#32 Post by Taosym »

Thanks! I'm going to wait on release to let people see the rest of the art. Unfortunately this has become far beyond a regular Naniwrimo project and we've taken an equivalent 2 months of work to finish it. But I hope it's worth it in the end~

Taosym
Veteran

Re: The Reject Demon: Toko [GxG][RomCom]Feb.14th

#33 Post by Taosym »

We are undergoing final CG, UI and scripting stuff. We sent out an early beta and if you're following us on twitter you can use #TRDtoko to talk about the game and also look for announcements about it soon.

Toko launches in 4 days!

Taosym
Veteran

#34 Post by Taosym »

Toko launches in 2 days! Read more about that here!
http://taosym.tumblr.com/post/764684722 ... es-in-just

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#35 Post by Razz »

I am dying to play this, gaaaaah. >_< GxG~

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#36 Post by Laiska »

Me too, any news on this??

Ryuno
Regular
Completed: tuesday
Soundcloud: ryunocore

#37 Post by Ryuno »

http://lupiesoft.com/2014/02/15/the-rej ... o-release/
It's out, and has one track by yours truly!

Taosym
Veteran

#38 Post by Taosym »

Yep! it's out right now at the link above!

FjärilPrincess
Regular

#39 Post by FjärilPrincess »

Yay :'o.I'm not really one for GXG (More like,BXB) but I actually like your plot ^_^.Haha,I shall download this and play it later,along with the rest of my downloaded games <3.Happy Late Valentine's day! Most of all,Congratulations on the release! I will try to post how it was when I'm done.Ugh.Then again,I'm a procrastinator :cry: ..Anyway,thank you for this game :'3!
"Hey,stranger. I want you to catch me like a cold." - Panic! At The Disco,Hurricane.

wererat42
Regular

#40 Post by wererat42 »

Loved the story, but it seemed to be just a prologue to a bigger plot centered around the Rock Completion. It just left me wanting more.
I'm also just assuming from the way things turned out that that there will be no additional love interests for Toko in the future? I've got nothing against yurige that focus on one predetermined couple, but it seems like Hanabira has made it the standard.

Sanae
Regular

#41 Post by Sanae »

I'm happy to see more GxG works in the making, and was anticipating this release today. Overall, presentation wise, the game is very beautiful, especially the sprites. Even with exaggerated bust sizes, I like the faces and clothes and bodies for all your characters. The music is very pretty as well, almost reminds me a bit of Disgaea for some strange reason, haha. As someone who loves using demons in fiction, I already like the story in your world about souls and psychopomp demons, as well as the losing their history/emotions bit. The characters so far are likable, even if a lot of them don't seem to have too much screentime to really get to know them better.

On to the critical parts of this game:
As the person above me said, the game felt like it was intended to be an episodic story or at least an extended version. It felt more like a prologue for the actual plot involving the music competition. It's completely fine if you intend to make a sequel of some sorts, but I do think maybe you should mention it somewhere just to avoid confusion.

I felt like the romance between Nadia and Toko was too rushed. I understand that their love was a catalyst for her awakening Epiphany (cool character btw), but I wonder if maybe there was a way to spark this awakening without an anguished declaration of love. It's especially harder to believe when Toko supposedly is unused to emotional drives of human, so the sudden jump to realizing what love was, and that she definitely is sure about her feelings with Nadia was a bit unexpected. At the very least, perhaps she should have had more struggle understanding her feelings. If this supposedly has a sequel, it would be even neater to keep their relationship vague for now, since all the other potential love interests could be interesting as well. :P

Another thing that bothered me was the transition of images, some sprites and scenes would move rather abruptly, I think maybe having some slow dissolving would be easier for me.

Taosym
Veteran

#42 Post by Taosym »

Thanks Sanae
The sudden confession is a common criticism, we tweaked those scenes during beta. What I tried to convey was not that Toko had learned about love so suddenly, but that she had spent years around Nadia. There's some elements to the story that are more outright insinuated, like Toko's assignments, and her later confession she spent most of those assignments trying to tak Nadia's soul. It's a case of showing too much and not enough telling.
But yea, given the Naniwrimo-ness of the story, and my still ongoing DH work the game is short. The idea isn't so much to make the story episodic and have to make people wait forever for more parts. But yes the game is kind of a primer. If the interest is there in keeping Toko going, there will be a different, regularly updating medium I will continue it in. Alongside slow long-term projects like Dizzy Hearts.

Opus

#43 Post by Opus »

When I first saw Ginxhou I thought of this girl:

Taosym
Veteran

#44 Post by Taosym »

Opus wrote:When I first saw Ginxhou I thought of this girl:
Hoh? What's this from? I think the eyes are very similar.

Opus

#45 Post by Opus »

Murcielago, thought currently the chapters with her aren't translated yet.