Kendo Crush! [BxG][April 2014 Update - Demo/KickStarter]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
PixelFade
Regular

Re: Kendo Crush! [BxG][April 2014 Update - Demo/KickStarter]

#46 Post by PixelFade »

Hello,

We'll be hosting a DEV Livestream this upcoming Saturday (April 19th, 2014) starting from 8:00PM EDT (5:00PM PDT). Please feel free to join us where we will be having a QA session to answer any questions you may have. Additionally, we'll walk through the demo with commentary as we chat about what's in store for the future!

Please join us at:

http://www.twitch.tv/pixelfadestudio

Best Regards,

PixelFade Studio

PixelFade
Regular

#47 Post by PixelFade »

Hi LSF Community,

Just thought I'd provide an update. In addition to finishing our Kickstarter campaign and achieving two stretch goals, we've been successfully Greenlit by Steam! Thanks to everyone for your support and/or help. :)

Please do not hesitate if you have any questions!

Best Regards,
PixelFade Studio

LordOfFire321

#48 Post by LordOfFire321 »

I know, I'm EXTREMELY late to the party (due to amount of schoolwork in the recent few months), but I still want to give my thoughts about the demo.

What was your initial thoughts (within the first 2-5 minutes)?
I was like: "Wow, they surely put quite an effort into this! It looks great!"

What did you feel was done particularly well?
I know, it was posted many times here, but I loved how much control you have over MC's personality. It made me pause the game once in a while, make a save and then experiment a bit with different options. I also like the story so far - I actually felt kind of sad when demo ended. I want more now!

Did you feel the urge to have multiple playthroughs?
Yes, yes, yes. I already did one, actualy ^^.

Where would you like to see more improvements?
Well, the earlier posts pretty much pointed out every problem I had with the demo already xD

Which is your favourite character? (a why here would help!)
Judging only by story so far, I have to give you props for the way you pulled off Nikki - I myself would love to have a younger sister like this (I'm last-born, so... yeah xd). In a lot of mangas/VN's/etc which I've read, a younger sibling character is kinda annoying, but she's not only not annoying, and not only super cute, but also SO FUN to interact with! Hope she won't be too much out of focus in later point of the story.

Would you recommend this VN to your friends?
Definitely. I have some friends who like that kind of games and I'm sure they'll love it as much as I do. Going to spam someone on Skype right after finishing this post! XD

I'm really, REALLY sorry that I'm writing so late, but I simply couldn't do so earlier. :( Can't wait for full release, keep up the good work! Peace!

lath

#49 Post by lath »

Apologies.

Is this dead?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#50 Post by PyTom »

This got turned into ACE Academy, which is now on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/396650/
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

lath

#51 Post by lath »

Ah. I didn't realize that.
Thank you

DatYandereGirl

#52 Post by DatYandereGirl »

PyTom wrote:This got turned into ACE Academy, which is now on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/396650/
I really hate they did this. I am so glad I didn't back Kendo Crush at all or I'd be pissed a lot more than I am. Kendo Crush was a way better concept of a game than ACE Academy. The demo back then reeled me into Kendo Crush and enjoying Kendo itself.

I got ACE gifted to me by a friend, so can't complain very much. I just didn't really enjoy it as much as I expected. A lot of people backed for Kendo Crush, not ACE Academy. I think a lot of people should have made a bigger deal out of this dev changing the project to something different than they did.

This dev also has a new Kickstarter for another game too. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... novel-game

rahman

#53 Post by rahman »

really love this game, hope fixelfade will make it again, i mean not ace academy, but kendo crush