red & clover [KN - Drama - FOOD]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
khnachi
Veteran
Location: Somewhere in those 7,107 islands in the Philippines.

Re: red & clover [KN - Drama - FOOD]

#16 Post by khnachi »

wow the logo looks really amazing.
:mrgreen:

the visuals all looks so crisp and polished, and your choice of colors looks really nice too
though I'm a bit biased when saying this, since I'm fond of the colors red and black.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#17 Post by Coren »

The first thing that strikes is is the logo. It looks fantastic!

Maltagliati
Regular
Projects: Lotus, Driftwood

#18 Post by Maltagliati »

The art looks lovely, and, as others have said before me, the logo makes a great first impression. I can't wait to see what you'll come up with, because so far everything looks fantastic. :)

aphosphene
Regular
Projects: Between The Raindrops, red & clover

#19 Post by aphosphene »

Thank you all for your wonderful feedback. Unfortunately, my laptop had to be reformatted and I wasn't able
to save anything including the materials for this project, save for the 3D model of the cafe (it was in my usb).
Even the stuff from my other VN project, Between The Raindrops, are gone.

So I have to start all over again. *sigh* :(
Oh well, gotta re-install Photoshop again and start drawing.
MY PROJECTS

This isn't vengeance. It's justice. A life for a life
Yes. This is justice. I raise the .45 to his face.
And the rest will be vengeance.

serendipity: (n.) finding something beautiful
without looking for it

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#20 Post by AntiquedFae »

aphosphene wrote:Thank you all for your wonderful feedback. Unfortunately, my laptop had to be reformatted and I wasn't able
to save anything including the materials for this project, save for the 3D model of the cafe (it was in my usb).
Even the stuff from my other VN project, Between The Raindrops, are gone.

So I have to start all over again. *sigh* :(
Oh well, gotta re-install Photoshop again and start drawing.
Oh no!! That is horrible. Computer glitches are so disheartening. :( -pats shoulder- I'm glad you aren't letting it stop you though! I'm afraid I am a horrible digital artist, but maybe if you need any help with proofreading I could be of assistance? Otherwise, I will just cheer you on. :)
I wish you the best in starting anew!
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

aphosphene
Regular

#21 Post by aphosphene »

AntiquedFae wrote: Oh no!! That is horrible. Computer glitches are so disheartening. :( -pats shoulder- I'm glad you aren't letting it stop you though! I'm afraid I am a horrible digital artist, but maybe if you need any help with proofreading I could be of assistance? Otherwise, I will just cheer you on. :)
I wish you the best in starting anew!
Thank you for your support. It's so sweet of you to offer to proofread my work.
I'll still have to re-write the script though (if I can still remember most of what I've written before T_T)
but if I ever I get to the point I'll be needing a second opinion already, I'll drop you a message if it's okay :)

Thank you again.
MY PROJECTS

without looking for it

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#22 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Sucks man D: Make sure to back up your stuff externally but dang that's a real pain. Hope you're still trucking along with your projects and thanks for the update. I'm really looking forward to this, don't be afraid to ask for help ^^
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

aphosphene
Regular

#23 Post by aphosphene »

Hazel-Bun wrote:Sucks man D: Make sure to back up your stuff externally but dang that's a real pain. Hope you're still trucking along with your projects and thanks for the update. I'm really looking forward to this, don't be afraid to ask for help ^^
Yeah, it's really depressing. I was almost done with the script and two sprites. *sigh*
I do have an external hard drive but even that got snagged by whatever worm thing that got into my laptop.
This year isn't starting out well for me. New Year's resolution is to never lend my stuff to my classmates.

Thank you for your support and anticipation. It really lifts up my heart.
Don't worry, if I need any help I'll turn to you guys and the people here on lemmasoft :)
MY PROJECTS

without looking for it

Luce Jumble
Regular
Projects: By Angelic Invitation, ...

#24 Post by Luce Jumble »

This sounds really interesting! (and it's about food! ;o;) I can't wait to see how it pans out.
It's too bad about your laptop, though re-writing would probably make it 10x better? Good luck!
Sorry to re-iterate, but if you need any help with sprites or GUI stuff, all you need to do is ask. :)
Moved to Aurehan

khnachi
Veteran
Location: Somewhere in those 7,107 islands in the Philippines.

#25 Post by khnachi »

That sucks, but on the good side I guess you can
open yourself to improve your previous works for the game. :mrgreen:
I hope to see some fresh looking updates soon. Good Luck.

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#26 Post by AntiquedFae »

aphosphene wrote:
Thank you for your support. It's so sweet of you to offer to proofread my work.
I'll still have to re-write the script though (if I can still remember most of what I've written before T_T)
but if I ever I get to the point I'll be needing a second opinion already, I'll drop you a message if it's okay :)

Thank you again.
Oh, you're so sweet! I'm more than happy to help! ^_^ Do feel free to message me whenever you need it and I will do my very best to assist you! :)
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

coffin-tan

#27 Post by coffin-tan »

Aw shucks, I know that disheartening feeling when you've lost most of the data for a project.
That happened to me a few years ago so now I have back-up files for everything hehe. I guess it's gonna take a while until you rewrite/remake everything so all I can offer for you is good luck and a cheer. Ganbatte!!

thelovebat
Projects: Kendo Crush!

#28 Post by thelovebat »

aphosphene wrote:
Hazel-Bun wrote:Sucks man D: Make sure to back up your stuff externally but dang that's a real pain. Hope you're still trucking along with your projects and thanks for the update. I'm really looking forward to this, don't be afraid to ask for help ^^
Yeah, it's really depressing. I was almost done with the script and two sprites. *sigh*
I do have an external hard drive but even that got snagged by whatever worm thing that got into my laptop.
This year isn't starting out well for me. New Year's resolution is to never lend my stuff to my classmates.

Thank you for your support and anticipation. It really lifts up my heart.
Don't worry, if I need any help I'll turn to you guys and the people here on lemmasoft :)
Sorry to hear that. Generally one alternative way to back up your stuff is to have them saved on a file sharing website or in the cloud if possible, if you fear you might ever have to reformat your computer then at least the data will still be intact later if your external backups were affected as well. What I do for my backups of important stuff like my writing or art assets is to back up everything on my external hard drive immediately at first, then every month or so I get out my USB flash drive and back up stuff on there as additional things pile up every so often. This way I'm hardly ever having my flash drive connected to my comp, meaning at least the really really important stuff I have will not risk getting affected.

I do wish you the best in being able to restart on your project and see it through to the end. It does seem interesting and I'll keep tabs on this topic down the road to see how it turns out.

I apologize if this sounds blunt, but a friendly tip, it's not always the best idea to lend out things to people if it has important stuff on it. It's better to politely say no, it just isn't worth the risk especially with computers/laptops. Unless you have the best of the best anti-virus protection, you never know if your friends may end up surfing on questionable websites while they're borrowing your stuff which could land a virus on your computer. You simply never know. I've let people borrow things like DVDs or movies in the past sure, but only because I knew that person would not mistreat the discs and get them scratched or lose them or something.
How many fanboys does it take to change a lightbulb?

Ten. One to screw it in and nine to argue about how the old one was so much better.