Tokyo Crazy Paradise [GxB] [OTOME]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Val3rie
Projects: Tokyo Crazy Paradise

Re: Tokyo Crazy Paradise [GxB] [OTOME]

#16 Post by Val3rie »

KanukoBlue1236 wrote:~Is this worth playing?~
I think so since u have a nice plot and all

~When you're playing an otome game, what do u usually look for?~
This normally depends on the person but for me, i would be looking for a good and interesting plot, a good script, and of course, charming characters (i've still got a bit of girly in me XD)

*Other Questions
I hope i'm not being mean but did u write the script yet? if not, use this gmail address (icycoldfreeze1236@gmail.com) and i'll help u out with the script. i'm writing a book right now so i can probably help. If u have a script already u don't have to use the email but just tell me u have a script.
Arigato! ~Iki
Actually, im still in the planning process of things and should begin writing the script soon :) Thanks and ill definitely take you up on that offer in the future when i am stuck in the script :)

Val3rie

#17 Post by Val3rie »

Luce Jumble wrote:I have to say, the sprites are really cool! I love how you color!

-Is this game worth playing?
I'd say so! I'm honestly a big fan of stories that have anything to do with the police or the mafia, and the characters seem interesting. Aaand sticking in romance into all of that is like the cherry on top for me xD

-When you're playing an otome game, what do you usually look for?
I usually look for relationship development and engaging dialogue (as well as an underlying plot if there is one)! I'm not really picky about art as long as you have those down. It's also nice to see that characters have distinct personalities and remain consistent through the whole game.

Anyway, good luck with your game! ♥

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#18 Post by Ferdokki »

Omg, this game looks freaking awesome!!! *o*
I love playing mystery/investigation games, but I am disappointed that there aren't many of them out there. u_u
This would be perfect! :D

Well, to truly enjoy an otome, the first thing I look at is the male character designs. It's kind of hard to want to pursue a not-so-handsome male. ;) I also want to play a game with a good storyline. Just because the guys are good-looking, doesn't mean the game is worth playing.
Many people overlook this, but I think this part is important: the main character I am playing as needs to be likeable. If she's not likeable, I don't want to play as her, and I don't want to look at her world through her eyes.
Dialogue is also super important to me, because if the dialogue sucks, I will not be interested in playing the game.
And, last but not least, the endings are important. I don't mind good, bad, or neutral endings, but I hate games that have seemingly irrelevant endings. After playing for possibly hours, I don't want a mediocre or random ending.

...So, my answer is pretty long, but I was just trying to be helpful. >.< If you skim through, it won't hurt my feelings. >_>

P.S. Okuma is sexy. >______<

Val3rie

#19 Post by Val3rie »

Ferdokki wrote:Omg, this game looks freaking awesome!!! *o*
I love playing mystery/investigation games, but I am disappointed that there aren't many of them out there. u_u
This would be perfect! :D

Well, to truly enjoy an otome, the first thing I look at is the male character designs. It's kind of hard to want to pursue a not-so-handsome male. ;) I also want to play a game with a good storyline. Just because the guys are good-looking, doesn't mean the game is worth playing.
Many people overlook this, but I think this part is important: the main character I am playing as needs to be likeable. If she's not likeable, I don't want to play as her, and I don't want to look at her world through her eyes.
Dialogue is also super important to me, because if the dialogue sucks, I will not be interested in playing the game.
And, last but not least, the endings are important. I don't mind good, bad, or neutral endings, but I hate games that have seemingly irrelevant endings. After playing for possibly hours, I don't want a mediocre or random ending.

...So, my answer is pretty long, but I was just trying to be helpful. >.< If you skim through, it won't hurt my feelings. >_>

P.S. Okuma is sexy. >______<
lol dont worry ive actually read the whole paragraph because i should get the help and advice i can get! Haha thanks for writing super long and takig the time to answer these questions :) Yes Okuma is something ^ ^

Ferdokki
Veteran

#20 Post by Ferdokki »

Oh, in regards to my last section about "irrelevant endings", an example of this is in the Ren'Py game "a2".
I really enjoy playing that game, and I can replay over and over, even though there are only 3 endings, because I like it so much.

But the "bad" ending for the game isn't even "bad", it's just stupid and somewhat irrelevant. To read through the entire dialogue and play the game takes me about 2.5 hours, and so the first time I got the "bad" ending, I was so angry because it made me feel like I wasted my time playing the game.

Val3rie

#21 Post by Val3rie »

Ferdokki wrote:Oh, in regards to my last section about "irrelevant endings", an example of this is in the Ren'Py game "a2".
I really enjoy playing that game, and I can replay over and over, even though there are only 3 endings, because I like it so much.

But the "bad" ending for the game isn't even "bad", it's just stupid and somewhat irrelevant. To read through the entire dialogue and play the game takes me about 2.5 hours, and so the first time I got the "bad" ending, I was so angry because it made me feel like I wasted my time playing the game.
hmm i know what you mean :'( Sorry for asking you more questions but so would you think adding dead ends in my game would be terrible and what kind of bad ending would you prefer? How would you feel about a game without any bad endings but dead ends only...Wait, thats still a stupid bad ending then i guess...Argggg! I dont want to make the people who play the game angry but to simply ask, would you try a game with lots of dead ends and only one good ending? I think dead ends should be present, sucks but is needed for the investigation police theme which involves mystery, killers, etc.

Ferdokki
Veteran

#22 Post by Ferdokki »

No, I don't mind more questions. n__n (I guess you can tell that I talk a lot.)

No, I think dead ends are fine, especially for an investigation game. I just don't like excessive dead ends, like in "Ghost Trick". In case you haven't played that game, the game has lots of dead ends...so much to the point that it gets kinda tedious to play through the game.
I don't mind having some dead ends, as it only seems natural. However, if you're going to incorporate dead ends, I'd suggest you have some sort of "checkpoint", so that when the player fails, they don't have to start the game over all the way from the beginning. UNLESS, of course, the dead ends is one of the main endings. So, like, if the player misses some key evidence or answers with incorrect dialogue options, then they get that as a "bad ending". I think that's fine. =) Shame on the player for not being a better detective. ;)
As for bad ends, I don't have problems with anything, as long as it's relevant to the story. So I don't mind dead ends, tragic endings, sudden death, single for life, no romance, etc. I'm open to all. =)

For example, in "L.A. Noire", the main character dies in the end, but it's a conclusive ending, so it was fine. In "Jack French" the detective also dies, but it's more like a sudden death, and I remember when the game was released, the fans really liked it. Yes, some people were sad with the ending, but it was also shocking, so it stayed in your mind for days. *__*
The game "Heavy Rain" has 17 different endings, and the main character is affected in each ending depending on the player's actions and/or relations with the other characters.

Val3rie

#23 Post by Val3rie »

Ferdokki wrote:No, I don't mind more questions. n__n (I guess you can tell that I talk a lot.)

No, I think dead ends are fine, especially for an investigation game. I just don't like excessive dead ends, like in "Ghost Trick". In case you haven't played that game, the game has lots of dead ends...so much to the point that it gets kinda tedious to play through the game.
I don't mind having some dead ends, as it only seems natural. However, if you're going to incorporate dead ends, I'd suggest you have some sort of "checkpoint", so that when the player fails, they don't have to start the game over all the way from the beginning. UNLESS, of course, the dead ends is one of the main endings. So, like, if the player misses some key evidence or answers with incorrect dialogue options, then they get that as a "bad ending". I think that's fine. =) Shame on the player for not being a better detective. ;)
As for bad ends, I don't have problems with anything, as long as it's relevant to the story. So I don't mind dead ends, tragic endings, sudden death, single for life, no romance, etc. I'm open to all. =)

For example, in "L.A. Noire", the main character dies in the end, but it's a conclusive ending, so it was fine. In "Jack French" the detective also dies, but it's more like a sudden death, and I remember when the game was released, the fans really liked it. Yes, some people were sad with the ending, but it was also shocking, so it stayed in your mind for days. *__*
The game "Heavy Rain" has 17 different endings, and the main character is affected in each ending depending on the player's actions and/or relations with the other characters.
I've actually played ghost trick myself since i'm a huge fan of detective games and liked it but thought the overdone dead ends were a bit too much too! I'm thinking of keeping the dead ends to a minimum. That checkpoint thing is a brilliant idea, maybe I'll figure out some way to include that in but my gui is sort of poor haha, so I might just make it simple so I don't have to change anything. Wow, thanks for talking a lot lol, it really helped me think about improvements and choices to make when it comes to the endings/dead ends. Y.Y ...Thanks again!

Ferdokki
Veteran

#24 Post by Ferdokki »

I think keeping dead ends to a minimum is a fine idea. :)

Lol, glad you didn't get too irritated by my long comments. :mrgreen: I just happen to REALLY like mystery/detective games, so I tend to know a lot about the genre. :D

Good luck on the game! I can't wait to play it when it comes out!

Val3rie

#25 Post by Val3rie »

Thank you ^ ^

Val3rie

#26 Post by Val3rie »

The first linear art of Tetsuo's CG. Thanks to my wonderful artist ^ ^ I can't wait to see the full outcome!

Ferdokki
Veteran

#27 Post by Ferdokki »

Looks super great! <3

Val3rie

#28 Post by Val3rie »

Ferdokki wrote:Looks super great! <3
Thankyou!

soraibi
Regular

#29 Post by soraibi »

I've just finished the first cg. I think it wouldn't matter too much if the cgs and sprites are....slightly different right? :oops:

Ferdokki
Veteran

#30 Post by Ferdokki »

*sniffle* Is this game still being made?...