Tokyo Crazy Paradise [GxB] [OTOME]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Val3rie
Projects: Tokyo Crazy Paradise

Tokyo Crazy Paradise [GxB] [OTOME]

#1 Post by Val3rie »

STORY

Akira is a police detective of a department in Tokyo, devoted to the laws and solving crimes.
She's a tough person, always playing the heroic role. In her mid twenties, she should be settling
down or already looking for a suitable husband. Instead, she spends her days, night and day,
working on cases, not having any time to find her other half. During her investigations, she
becomes tangled into a web of lies, crazy situations, and love.
CHARACTERS

Akihiko Okuma- Akihiko is the leader of one of the two most strongest gangs in Tokyo. He's usually
tries to put on a cold demeanor or strong act but is actually a very sensitive and warm person deep
down inside.

Tetsuo Uehara- Tetsuo considers himself a gentleman. He's a shady man full of secrets, his views
and thoughts of the world as corrupt. Tetsuo is a mysterious man who keeps to himself and doesn't
like to talk a lot, unless it involves his interests.

Yuu Inoue- Akira's adopted older brother who is playful, sweet, loving, and cares extremely a lot
about her. He's a meddlesome brother with a sister complex. Yuu is a ladies man and a famous,
passionate actor known in America.

Mikasa Kimura- Akira's best friend ever since high school. She's popular with men, fun, and easy
to talk to unless she doesn't like you. Mikasa is always there for Akira like a good friend.

Rin Aomori- A fellow police detective who doesn't like Akira because of jealousy. She's very
high and mighty and likes to think she's best at everything. Deep down inside, she's a good
person but just with a bad personality.
FEATURES
-Multiple Endings(Haven't Counted yet), because of dead ends.
-You can have your name in the novel instead of it being the protagonist, Akira.
-3 obtainable men
-CG's
-An hour or more of gameplay
PROGRESS

Script: 5%
Story: 20%
Gui-100%
Sprites:100%
BG's/Music(Free Resources):100%
CG's: 1%
CREDITS

CG Artist- soraibi
Music- youtube
Backgrounds- google
UPDATES:

11.28.13-Sprites are all done!
12.1.13-Added two new characters! Added a few screenshots(May change, if I decide to add things).
12.7.13-Everything is progressing a bit fast, if I do say so for myself! Gui is all done, thanks to the wonderful
weekend. However, my script is still at 0% because I'm still trying to come up with a kickass plot within the
police genre. I'm currently looking for a CG Artist though. Oh and I added story into the progress.
12.8.13-Found a CG Artist. The art may be a bit different but it'll still be lovely! The story had bumped up
to a good 20% and the script went into 5%. Am currently looking for someone who can design a game logo
for my visual novel. Gui has been bumped down to 50% because of a cool detective feature.
12.17.13-Deleted the extra gui because of the complications. Back to a 100% gui.
12.18.13-New logo. 1% Of CG's progressed.
Last edited by Val3rie on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:15 am, edited 20 times in total.

dretchlord
Regular
Projects: Stabbed by Memories (Yandere)

Re: Tokyo Crazy Paradise [GxB] [OTOME]

#2 Post by dretchlord »

Your assessment on whether if its worth playing depends solely on the player.
This are my perspectives as a player
- The story should be easily understood :)
- The interface is simple that even a beginner of playing VN can understand it right away :D
- The art is captivating (Does not have to be so grand. If your plot and story is really good it can cover up for your artwork.) 8)
- The game has a uniqe system (Such as finding the criminal and a notepad where you write evidences.etc)
This are basically what I think most people look for in a good game

Personally, what I look for in Otome games is the graphics of the Males. Good looking males can help captivate your players. I also look for is a point relationship system where the protagonist chooses who she wants to be with. Also, the more boys the better. Also consider that each boy has a different personality type which you have already considered. :lol:

I hope this helped in any way. Good luck with your game :D

Val3rie

#3 Post by Val3rie »

dretchlord wrote:Your assessment on whether if its worth playing depends solely on the player.
This are my perspectives as a player
- The story should be easily understood :)
- The interface is simple that even a beginner of playing VN can understand it right away :D
- The art is captivating (Does not have to be so grand. If your plot and story is really good it can cover up for your artwork.) 8)
- The game has a uniqe system (Such as finding the criminal and a notepad where you write evidences.etc)
This are basically what I think most people look for in a good game

Personally, what I look for in Otome games is the graphics of the Males. Good looking males can help captivate your players. I also look for is a point relationship system where the protagonist chooses who she wants to be with. Also, the more boys the better. Also consider that each boy has a different personality type making them each unique. :lol:
Thanks so much :) hmmm, i like your ideas and thought this was very helpful!

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4 Post by LVUER »

Just want to tell you that there's been a manga titled exactly the same as yours, Tokyo Crazy Paradise -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Crazy_Paradise

If you're comfortable with the title, you don't need to change it... it's just so you know about the manga.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

soraibi
Regular

#5 Post by soraibi »

Well, I think this game looks interesting from what I've been shown. :D
What I always tend to look for in otome games are the hot guys, hehe, the art and always, the reasonable heroine. To be honest, even though most might not agree with me, I actually don't mind naive and careless heroines - I actually find them somewhat cute as longs as they don't continue on being stupid through out the game every second then it's fine. I also like strong heroines as well. Typically, any heroine that has a good reason to how and why they act like they do. And lastly, I usually tend to look for interesting looking story lines and how the relationship with the characters evolve. As someone mentioned before, the art doesn't have to be grand, if I can tell what the characters are doing in the cg's then that's also fine. Looking forward to see and play this. Bookmark ^^

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#6 Post by SilverxBlue »

I dunno why, but Akihiko's looks remind me of Shizuo from Durarara. Must be the glasses and the blonde hair... though it's not exactly like him, but the resemblance is there. XD

Anyway, I personally want to play this. I've always had a soft-spot for police detectives (must be because of Ace Attorney and the Jisei series. heh.) and getting to play as one would be real cool.

What I usually want to see in otome games
*Hmmm... I dunno how to explain this, but I'd like to see a unique twist in cliched themes. I dunno... You could play something that's been seen before, but you make it different somehow. Something that makes it unique from the others. I think it's just uniqueness I want. OTL
*Loveable and well-developed characters.
*No doormat, clingy, useless heroines please. Clumsy's fine... Naive's fine... Shy's fine... Idiotic's fine. But I want to see some independence from her? Like even without a man, she knows how to function and doesn't turn into a useless, stuttering mess when conversing with a love interest.

Anyway, that's about it, I guess? @___@ Good luck with your project~!
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Lishy »

WOAH! The art style is amazing! O_O (Reminds me of Rose Gun Days, somehow...)
-

Val3rie

#8 Post by Val3rie »

soraibi wrote:Well, I think this game looks interesting from what I've been shown. :D
What I always tend to look for in otome games are the hot guys, hehe, the art and always, the reasonable heroine. To be honest, even though most might not agree with me, I actually don't mind naive and careless heroines - I actually find them somewhat cute as longs as they don't continue on being stupid through out the game every second then it's fine. I also like strong heroines as well. Typically, any heroine that has a good reason to how and why they act like they do. And lastly, I usually tend to look for interesting looking story lines and how the relationship with the characters evolve. As someone mentioned before, the art doesn't have to be grand, if I can tell what the characters are doing in the cg's then that's also fine. Looking forward to see and play this. Bookmark ^^
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer and yes, ill make sure my heroine is interesting ^ ^
Last edited by Val3rie on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Val3rie

#9 Post by Val3rie »

SilverxBlue wrote:I dunno why, but Akihiko's looks remind me of Shizuo from Durarara. Must be the glasses and the blonde hair... though it's not exactly like him, but the resemblance is there. XD

Anyway, I personally want to play this. I've always had a soft-spot for police detectives (must be because of Ace Attorney and the Jisei series. heh.) and getting to play as one would be real cool.

What I usually want to see in otome games
*Hmmm... I dunno how to explain this, but I'd like to see a unique twist in cliched themes. I dunno... You could play something that's been seen before, but you make it different somehow. Something that makes it unique from the others. I think it's just uniqueness I want. OTL
*Loveable and well-developed characters.
*No doormat, clingy, useless heroines please. Clumsy's fine... Naive's fine... Shy's fine... Idiotic's fine. But I want to see some independence from her? Like even without a man, she knows how to function and doesn't turn into a useless, stuttering mess when conversing with a love interest.

Anyway, that's about it, I guess? @___@ Good luck with your project~!
haha now that you menion it, Akihiko does look similiar to him, I didnt even notice! Thanks for the awesome suggestions :)

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#10 Post by Kyra10 »

From what I've seen so far, this looks like it'll be an interesting game to play~.
In an otome game, I look for good characters, story, and relationship development.
Those things are really important to me in an otome game. Of course, nice art is always a plus.
I'm looking forward to this game! Good luck and do your best! ^_^

Val3rie

#11 Post by Val3rie »

Kyra10 wrote:From what I've seen so far, this looks like it'll be an interesting game to play~.
In an otome game, I look for good characters, story, and relationship development.
Those things are really important to me in an otome game. Of course, nice art is always a plus.
I'm looking forward to this game! Good luck and do your best! ^_^
thanks and will do ^ ^

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#12 Post by Googaboga »

Hi Val :>. I see you are using BASS Novel sprites. Are you using the BASS Novel engine to make your game? If so then it's all good. But if you are using a different engine like Ren'Py or Novetly there is a problem. BASS Novel sprites can only be used within the BASS Novel engine. If you are using a different engine you'll have to get new sprites. You can still use these as placeholders for now but eventually they'll need to be replaced with sprites that you are allowed to use in Ren'Py or Noveltly or whatever engine you are using.

-Is this game worth playing?
Yeah. I like mystery games and it's always nice to have another VN to play.

-When you're playing an otome game, what do you usually look for?
Unique and or really fiction elements like magic, scifi stuff, horror, etc. Also any game that can endear itself to me. Even if it has a common plot or standard types of characters if it seems charming and the creator is working hard to make it good I will almost always be won over by it. That probably isn't very applicable for your game but that is what I look for ^^;.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Val3rie

#13 Post by Val3rie »

Googaboga wrote:Hi Val :>. I see you are using BASS Novel sprites. Are you using the BASS Novel engine to make your game? If so then it's all good. But if you are using a different engine like Ren'Py or Novetly there is a problem. BASS Novel sprites can only be used within the BASS Novel engine. If you are using a different engine you'll have to get new sprites. You can still use these as placeholders for now but eventually they'll need to be replaced with sprites that you are allowed to use in Ren'Py or Noveltly or whatever engine you are using.

Yeah. I like mystery games and it's always nice to have another VN to play.

Unique and or really fiction elements like magic, scifi stuff, horror, etc. Also any game that can endear itself to me. Even if it has a common plot or standard types of characters if it seems charming and the creator is working hard to make it good I will almost always be won over by it. That probably isn't very applicable for your game but that is what I look for ^^;.
of course, i discussed everything with the artist already ^ ^ And thank you for answering my questions!

KanukoBlue1236

#14 Post by KanukoBlue1236 »

~Is this worth playing?~
I think so since u have a nice plot and all

~When you're playing an otome game, what do u usually look for?~
This normally depends on the person but for me, i would be looking for a good and interesting plot, a good script, and of course, charming characters (i've still got a bit of girly in me XD)

*Other Questions
I hope i'm not being mean but did u write the script yet? if not, use this gmail address (icycoldfreeze1236@gmail.com) and i'll help u out with the script. i'm writing a book right now so i can probably help. If u have a script already u don't have to use the email but just tell me u have a script.
Arigato! ~Iki

Luce Jumble
Regular
Projects: By Angelic Invitation, ...

#15 Post by Luce Jumble »

I have to say, the sprites are really cool! I love how you color!

I'd say so! I'm honestly a big fan of stories that have anything to do with the police or the mafia, and the characters seem interesting. Aaand sticking in romance into all of that is like the cherry on top for me xD

I usually look for relationship development and engaging dialogue (as well as an underlying plot if there is one)! I'm not really picky about art as long as you have those down. It's also nice to see that characters have distinct personalities and remain consistent through the whole game.

Anyway, good luck with your game! ♥
Moved to Aurehan